Hongbin

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 (Youngmin's POV)
    I looked at Ravi unconscious on the tile and something inside of me snapped. I started pacing up and down in the kitchen, wishing I could do something. Daehyun told me not to touch Ravi until he got there so I didn't hurt him more by accident, but I ached to hold him close and comfort him. Frantic knocking on my door made me run forward and yank it open, almost collapsing with relief when I saw Daehyun there. 
    "Where is he?" Daehyun asked, all business now. I led him quietly to the kitchen and he strode forward quickly, still in his shoes. 
    "Go put some shoes on right now so you don't cut your feet." Daehyun said to me, pressing two fingers to Ravi's neck and looking around at the blood pooling on the floor. 
    I ran to the door, putting on shoes quickly, and heard another knock on the door. I opened it, sighing in relief when I saw Yongguk standing there. 
    "Daehyun told me to come." Yongguk murmured. I nodded, leading him to the kitchen. He looked around with wide eyes at Ravi and Daehyun, coming to kneel by them when Daehyun beckoned him. 
    "I need you to carry him to the car." Daehyun said. Yongguk nodded, sliding his hands under Ravi's knees and back and lifting him as delicately as possible. 
    "Come on, we're going to the hospital." Daehyun said, tugging on my sleeve. I nodded, following them out into the rain. I got into the backseat, Yongguk laying Ravi down with his head in my lap and then climbing into the passenger seat. 
    Daehyun started the car, tearing out of the driveway. I looked down at Ravi's face, his hair gently and pulling a small shard of porcelain out of his cheek. He winced in discomfort, his eyes flickering open for a few seconds. 
    "Ravi, you're going to be okay. Daehyun's taking us to a hospital. You're going to be fine." I murmured, his head. Ravi moaned softly, his eyes slipping shut again, and didn't move for the rest of the trip. 
    We screeched up in front of the hospital finally, Ravi's blood soaking through his clothes and onto the seats. Yongguk leaned down, wrapping his hands gently around Ravi and looking at me. 
    "I've got him." Yongguk said quietly, making me a relax a little in relief. Yongguk would protect Ravi like he had me, Ravi would be safe with him. 
    "Come on, let's move." Daehyun said, pulling us along with him. We walked inside and Daehyun talked to a nurse while another nurse produced a gurney for Ravi. 
    Yongguk set him down softly, holding me back as I tried to follow them to another room. 
    "We can't go in there yet." Yongguk said. I nodded, collapsing weakly in a chair in the hallway. Yongguk sat down next to me and Daehyun disappeared into the room, leaving the two of us alone. 
    I sniffed loudly, dropping my face in my hands and feeling a few tears leak onto my fingers. I kept seeing the terrified look in Ravi's eyes when he saw me, the way he tried to press himself into the cabinets. 
    "Hey, hey, hey, this wasn't your fault. It was an accident." Yongguk mumbled, wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into his chest, clinging to him as I cried. 
    "He's going to hate me now. He was so scared of me." I ground out, crying more. Yongguk shushed me, pulling me onto his lap and rocking me back and forth. 
    "Everything's going to be just fine. Trust me." Yongguk said. I buried my face in his chest  inhaling his scent and filling my lungs with the comfortingly warm cologne smell.   
    "Just relax, I've got you." Yongguk said, pressing his nose into the top of my head. He kissed my hair softly, rocking me to sleep. 
    I let him lull me to dreamland, letting go of all the stresses and pains of the day. 

    I awoke with a start, sitting up and wincing when I felt a crick in my neck. I opened my eyes, looking around, and saw I was lying on a makeshift bed of two chairs pushed together with a pillow and a blanket. 
    "Finally awake, sleeping beauty?" Yongguk's teasing voice made me look up and I smiled when he held out a cup of coffee. I took a sip then stood with a gasp. 
    "Ravi!" I exclaimed. Yongguk held his hands out as if to calm me, taking my coffee back before I could spill it. 
    "Ravi is fine, he's awake and he wants to see you." Yongguk said, smiling at my eagerness and shaking his head. 
    "Where?" I asked, bouncing in place. Yongguk led me through the halls soundlessly, finally stopping in front of a room. 
    "Have fun." Yongguk smiled, opening the door for me. I walked inside hesitantly, suddenly realizing Ravi might not want to see me. 
    I stepped forward slowly, looking at Ravi in a hospital bed. He didn't look that bad, I admit. His arms were stitched up and swathed in bandages and his cheek had a bandage covering it, but it could've been worse. An IV ran a drip into his arm, replenishing fluids he had lost. Ravi's eyes shot open when I leaned over him and he jerked up, startling me. 
    "Boo!" Ravi cried, making me shriek softly in surprise and stagger back. He giggled hysterically, leaning back onto the pillows.  
    "Hey." I said quietly. Ravi grinned widely, lifting one hand to wave at me before wincing and lying it back down carefully. 
    "Hello there!" Ravi rumbled back happily. The stupidest smile stayed spread over his face, his eyes glazed over and unfocused. 
    "How are you? Are you angry at me?" I asked softly. 
    "Angry at you? Why would I be angry at you? You're really pretty, by the way. Have you ever considered dyeing your hair pink? I think we should dye my hair pink." Ravi rambled suddenly, his voice hyper and much too fast for normal. I stepped back a little in shock, looking him over. 
    "Did you hit your head?" I asked, my eyes wide. Ravi shook his head violently side to side, rattling the IV cord. 
    "Nope! Daehyun said I'll be just fine! I just gotta stay in here for a little longer. I don't like it here though, it smells bad. Do you think it smells bad? I don't like it. Can we go home? I want to see my puppy!" Ravi said. 
    "And THAT would be the morphine talking." Daehyun said, closing the door and striding over to fiddle with Ravi's IV. Within a few seconds he began to fall asleep, his eyes dropping shut and his body sinking into the hospital bed.   
    "Thank god, I thought he was possessed or something!" I exclaimed, looking over towards Ravi. His face was more relaxed now and he wasn't wriggling in place, making me think he was really asleep. 
    "Yeah, his body burns off the morphine really fast for some reason, so he's a little weird now that we started doubling the dosage." Daehyun smiled at me, checking the papers at the foot of Ravi's bed. 
    "I guess so." I said. "Anything else about him that needs monitoring?" I asked. 
    "No, we'll just keep him until this evening to make sure he's in the clear. Then y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter