Mage

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    Ravi was too pale. I sighed worriedly and shifted in the uncomfortable hospital room's guest chair. He was laying on his back, the hospital bed's blanket folded pristinely just under his ribcage and his hands resting next to him. Ravi's skin was white, the dark shadows under his eyes and the purple bruise along his jaw the only source of color. 
    A white beanie covered the bandage wrapped around his head, his bangs sweeping down across one eye. The intubation unit next to him puffed softly, helping him breathe as a clear IV dripped into Ravi's arm. Ravi was completely motionless; he hadn't moved since he was knocked out the night before. 
    He looked like he had been carved out of stone and I was almost scared to touch him, fearful I would break the spell surrounding him. It was as if anything around him would also freeze and crystallize, lost in a pocket of frozen time. The only sign he wasn't some statue was his chest, forced up and down by the air being pumped into him. 
    The door opened quietly and Leo walked in, sitting beside me on the floor and looking at Ravi blankly. 
    "Ravi says he misses you." Leo said softly. 
    "I miss him so much." I said, looking at Leo and swallowing past the lump in my throat. Leo nodded, walking over to Ravi and touching his shoulder softly. 
    "He has to wake up before tonight. If he transforms like this, it will kill him." Leo observed distantly. 
    "I can't lose him too." I spoke with difficulty, trying to keep my eyes from overflowing. Leo sighed deeply, looking down at his hands. 
    "Yoseob wanted you to come say goodbye to Kikwang. He's going quickly." Leo's voice was barely a whisper, more moving air than his voice at all. 
    "I'll be right back." I stood carefully, closing the door behind me and leaning against it for support. A shaky breath rattled out of my chest and I looked up at the ceiling, pulling myself together forcefully. 
    I made my way through the VIP floor of the hospital, stopping in front of the private room Daehyun had arranged for Kikwang. Ravi's room was identical and they were only ten rooms apart, making it easy for the wolves to keep an eye on both Kikwang and Ravi. 
    I walked through the door, standing at the back of the room. Hyunseung was sitting in a chair next to Kikwang's bed, looking absolutely exhausted. He had been going between Kikwang and Ravi frantically, struggling to keep them both alive. The others didn't know enough about healing to be any help and the doctors here didn't know enough (or anything) about supernatural healing, so Ravi and Kikwang were doomed.  
    "How much longer?" I asked quietly. Yoseob turned from where he had his arm around Chii, tears tracking down his cheeks. 
    "30 minutes, maybe." Doojoon answered, clenching his jaw as he looked down at Kikwang. Kikwang looked dead already, white and empty. 
    I stepped forward, squeezing his shoulders gently and pressing a kiss to his forehead. I paused there, closing my eyes and touching my forehead to his gently. I let out a shaky breath and tears leaked from my eyes to his face. Taking a deep breath I pulled back, wiping my tears off him carefully and walking back. I sniffed loudly, wiping my cheeks with the back of my hands and accepting Chii's tearful hug. 
    I held her tightly, both of us supporting each other until we could stand. Even then, I kept my arm looped around her waist and her arm was around my shoulders, pressing our hips together. 
    "Where are Junhyung and Dongwoon?" I asked quietly, looking around the room. Doojoon's jaw clenched again and his hands tightened into fists, the muscles in his back tensing through his t-shirt. 
    "Hunting the bastard who did this." Doojoon growled. 
    "They're hunting Yongguk?" I asked in shock, pulling away from Chii. 
    "He's a threat to humans, obviously." Yoseob broke in. 
    "What are they going to do to him?" I whispered. 
    "They're going to lift him way high in the sky and let him go. We already have bets on how big of a blood stain he'll make on the concrete." Doojoon smiled darkly, showing a new side to himself. 
    "What?!" I squeaked, backing away. 
    "Doojoon, you can't—" Chii broke in, standing next to me. 
    "You don't understand!" Doojoon cut her off. "You weak women, you don't know what it's like to want to protect someone! To want revenge for their death!"
    "Excuse me?" I hissed, narrowing my eyes and stepping forward. 
    "Yongguk hurt Kikwang; Yongguk killed Kikwang! He's not dead yet, but Yongguk killed him!" Doojoon yelled. 
    "Are you forgetting that the love of my life is lying in that room in a coma?!" I screamed, grabbing Doojoon's collar and yanking him down to my level. 
    "I want revenge just as much as you do, but Yongguk didn't do anything wrong! It was out of his control, and you need to realize that." I hissed, pulling Doojoon even closer to me. 
    "Do you not see Kikwang—"
    "I can see him!" I snapped, looking into Doojoon's eyes. "He doesn't deserve to die, but you're not helping him right now!" 
    Doojoon glared at me and I half-expected him to hit me, glaring up at him. Doojoon's eyes softened slowly until he sighed and sagged agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter