Warlocks

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    "Your what?" Luhan said, looking shocked. Luc sighed, shaking his head and running his hand absentmindedly over his hair. 
    "My brothers." Luc repeated. Kris blinked slowly, attempting to focus. I sat down, still reeling from the shock of Mistress having allies. 
    "You're not...close? With your brothers anymore?" Kris asked. Luc's jaw set and he looked up at Kris with flaming eyes. 
    "Pyro killed our mother." Luc growled. "He convinced Iri I had done it." 
    "That's terrible." I murmured, unable to help myself. Luc looked at me, nodding ever so slightly. 
    "Iri isn't all that bad. Pyro is the real monster." Luc admitted, fiddling absentmindedly with his hands. 
    "Do you know why they would join with Mistress?" Xiumin asked, his voice soft. Luc shrugged, hunching his shoulders. 
    "Pyro always wanted power. Recognition. Iri just wanted someone to follow. He's the youngest." Luc said. 
    "Alright...Luc, we need descriptions of both of them. Xiumin, we need more supplies. If we're fighting two warlocks and a mistress underground, we need more equipment. Take Luhan with you." Kris said. Xiumin nodded, standing up, and I followed him. 
    "I'm coming too." I said. Kris looked for a moment like he might argue, but he nodded instead, and I followed Xiumin and Luhan to the door.  
    "Do you have your piercers?" Luhan asked, holstering a gun at his hip. I nodded, feeling them tucked into my boots, and accepted the jacket he offered me. 
    "Where are we going? Isn't it too late to go shopping?" I asked. My phone read 4:30 am and I smothered a yawn behind my hand, following them out into the hallway. 
    "There's a 24 hour market a few blocks away." Xiumin said, pausing outside the other doorway.
    The door was half-open, long clawmarks around the lock, and Chen appeared on the other side. He nodded once to Xiumin, closing the door, and I heard the lock click into place. 
    "He'll watch Ravi, don't worry." Luhan murmured on my other side. I nodded, following them to the elevator. 
    "What are we supposed to get?" I asked. Xiumin shrugged, crossing his arms and leaning back against the railing. 
    "Flashlights. Probably some food that will last a while, like trail mix or energy bars." Xiumin said. 
    We exited the elevator, heading out into the chilly streets and I shivered while we walked. Luckily, the market was only about ten minutes from the hotel, and I walked inside with a relieving rush of heat. 
    "I'll find flashlights." Xiumin said, disappearing into one section of the store. I nodded and Luhan lead me over the food, carefully digging through different packages. 
    I couldn't read the French and soon grew bored, walking a few aisles away and craning my head back to look at the food packages on the top shelf. My mouth curved in a smile when I saw my favorite kind of chocolate, and I strained up onto my tiptoes to reach it. 
    I was barely too short, almost jumping up and down to grasp it. I grunted in frustration, taking another hop, and then watched a large hand reach up and grab the package.
    My eyes followed down the supple wrist to the bulging bicep and then the massive shoulder. I finally turned all the way, tipping my head back to look at the man's face. He was well over six feet, with burning red eyes that made me stagger back with a gasp. 
    "Looking for these?" He asked, and his voice was a rough rumbling growl, deep in his barrel chest. 
    "Uh—" I started, cut off by the cruel twist of his smile. I stared openly at him, noticing a strange familiarity about his face.
    He had a strong square jaw and cheekbones so sharp they were harsh. His mouth was a thin slash in his face, currently spreading in a slick smirk. His teeth were all sharp points and he smiled widely, showing them off in a predator's grin. 
    His body was built like a tank, his biceps as big around as my waist. His torso strained at his shirt, no jacket on him despite the cold weather, and he slowly dropped the bag of chocolate into my hands. 
    "Lu—" I started, looking for Luhan. His hand was on my mouth in a second, smothering me with a small squeak, and he leaned in close. 
    He waved one finger side to side in front of my face teasingly, and my eyes widened at the cruel black claw stretching from his fingertip. 
    "I wouldn't call for him. I would hate to end his life so unceremoniously." He hissed, leaning in disgustingly close to my neck. I stiffened, my eyes widening even more until I was certain they would pop out of my head. 
    He waited another few seconds before finally removing his hand and stepping back. He smelled of pure smoke and rot and I fought to keep my face straight. 
    "Good girl." He purred. His low rumble was nothing like Luc's, the predatory hunger underneath too threatening to be charming, but I realized his face reminded me a tiny bit of Luc, in its shape.  
    "Who are you?" I whispered, trying not to call attention to the two of us. My heart thundered in my chest and I struggled to keep my fear off my face. 
    "I'm fire." He smirked, his voice slipping roughly around me, grating like two stones being scraped together.     
    "Pyro." I whispered. A sarcastic, patronizing smile twisted his lips and he clapped softly, claws clacking together. 
    "Smart girl." Pyro praised darkly. 
    "What do you want?" I asked. Pyro looked me up and down, making a show of running his tongue over his bottom lip and then baring his teeth in his wolfish grin. 
    "To check out the competition." Pyro rumbled. He braced his large hands on his hips, the muscles of his shoulders flexing impressively. "I'll admit, I'm a little peeved you killed my eidolon."
    Before I could respond, I felt the soft brush on my arm of someone walking next to me, and smelled the comforting essence of sandalwood. 
    "Desperate, Pyro? Threatening mundane teenagers? I'll admit, your glamour is impressive but your horns are still ugly." The smooth voice made my knees weak with relief and I leaned into Magnus' side. 
    "Magnus Bane." Pyro growled and then spat at Magnus' feet. 
    "Unnecessary and rude. I just bought these boots." Magnus said, examining his chipped dark green nail polish nonchalantly. 
    "Having fun screwing around with a Shadowhunter? Or should I say, screwing a Shadowhunter? Maybe I should pay him a visit, show him what a real warlock can do." Pyro said, crossing his arms. His voice dripped poison and I felt Magnus stiffen slightly next to me before relaxing. 
    "Are you here for a reason or do you need a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter