Beast

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I opened my eyes sleepily, rubbing my eye with my fist and stretching. I looked up, seeing Ravi's sweet brown eyes looking at me, a tender smile on his lips. He bent down, kissing the top of my head and squeezing me gently to him. 
    "Good morning, sleeping beauty." Ravi's voice thrummed from his chest through mine, making me smile softly. 
    "How did you sleep?" I asked, a faint blush heating my cheeks when Ravi's fingers slipped slightly under the hem of my t-shirt to draw small circles on my side absentmindedly. 
    "Fine." Ravi said. "What about you?" 
    "I slept really well." I smiled. I relaxed back onto his chest, feeling Ravi's chin curve down to rest on the top of my head. I sighed happily, my hand tightened around a piece of his soft t-shirt, and looked down at the bracelet on my wrist. It looked like it belonged there, and I smiled to myself. 
    I bolted up suddenly, checking the time and shrieking. I flew up the staircase, leaving a very confused Ravi on the couch. 
    "I'm late for school!" I yelled down to him. I raced to the bathroom, showering and dressing in record time. 
    I came back downstairs, grabbing my school bag and saying a quick goodbye to Leo, Hongbin, and Youngjae, who were sleepily eating breakfast. I grabbed my car keys, running out and getting into the driver's seat.
    "Ready to go?" Ravi's voice startled me and I jerked back with a short shriek, throwing my bag at him in annoyance. He caught it deftly, buckling my seatbelt for me from his position in the passenger seat. 
    "Don't do that!" I said. Ravi giggled a little, looking pleased with himself for surprising me.    I pulled out of the driveway, flooring it all the way to school. 
    We barely made it to science class in time, Ravi tripping over his desk and falling on his face in his haste to sit down. The entire class giggled and he stood up, dusting himself off and sitting down quickly.   
    I sat down too, smiling when I saw Ravi stare fixedly at the clock. I knew he was counting down how long he still had until lunch, and I outright laughed when he bolted from the classroom as soon as class was over. 
    We barely made our way through three more classes, Ravi all but dragging me to the cafeteria for lunch. Hyuk, Jongup, and Zelo were already waiting for us at our table, and I was surprised to see Sungyeol and Dongwoo sitting with them. Myungsoo and other his friends were sitting across the room, glaring at Sungyeol and Dongwoo while the two boys ignored them.     
    "Hey, guys." I said warily, sitting down across from Dongwoo. He waved at me with a smile, Sungyeol also smiling over at me. 
    "Hey, Youngmin." Dongwoo said, turning back to continue talking with Jongup. I noticed he didn't have a cast on his wrist anymore, and I was glad Ravi hadn't hurt him too badly. 
    There was a disturbance from the other table, and I looked over to see Woohyun angrily stalking over to sit with Dongwoo and Sungyeol. 
    "They're all just idiots!" Woohyun exclaimed, glaring back at the others. I smiled softly, watching him angrily continue eating. 
    "Do you want to go back to that ice cream place after school?" Ravi asked me, making me nod. 
    "Sure. We could go to the library first for some more books, then go get some ice cream. I'll just call Youngjae." I stood up, pulling out my phone and walking just outside of the cafeteria for some quiet. 
    "I'll tell Yongguk to meet you guys outside school and make sure you stay out of trouble." Youngjae said after I told him our plan. 
    "Oppa! That's not fair." I whined. 
    "Either Yongguk goes or you don't." Youngjae said sternly. I sighed, agreeing and going back to explain the situation to Ravi. 
    "Sounds fine." Ravi smiled to me, standing up when the bell rang. He went off to math class and I went to history, waving goodbye. 

    Four hours later, we met in front of the school. We waited half an hour for Yongguk, chatting idly to pass the time. I finally had enough, pulling out my phone and calling him. I got his answering machine and I signed, beckoning for Ravi to follow me. 
    "Let's just walk to the library, we can come back for the car after ice cream." I said. Ravi nodded, grasping my hand gently and twining his fingers through mine. 
    "Is Yongguk okay?" Ravi asked softly. I shrugged, pocketing my phone and walking towards the library. 
    "He never lets his phone go to voicemail. He's probably just in the shower or something." I said off-handedly. 
    Ravi and I arrived at the library, spending several hours just sharing books and talking. When Ravi's stomach growled loud enough for the librarian to glare over at us, I laughed and stood up. 
    "Let's go get some ice cream. I'll try calling Yongguk again." I said. Ravi nodded, cracking jokes as we walked through the streets. It was dark by now and fog had rolled in, making it impossible to see very far in front of us. 
    We made our way into the tiny shop, dishing up scoops of ice cream and eating it slowly inside. I noticed Ravi rubbing his forehead softly and touched his arm softly. 
    "Headache?" I asked. Ravi nodded, then shook his head with a forced smile. 
    "It's nothing." Ravi said. I frowned, watching the way he only ate half of his ice cream before throwing the rest away. 
    "Are you okay?" I said. Ravi never wasted food. He nodded, sitting down next to me again and taking a big gulp of water. 
    "I just feel a little strange. I'm fine." Ravi said. I frowned more, finishing my ice cream quickly and standing. 
    "Let's get you home." I said. Ravi nodded and I paused outside when my cell phone rang. I pulled it out quickly, letting out a sigh of relief. 
    "Yongguk!" I said, glad I wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. 
    "No, it's just me." Youngjae said. I nodded softly, clearing my throat. "Have you seen Yongguk?" 
    "No, he never came to pick us up. Why?" I asked. Youngjae sighed on the other line and I could picture him nervously running his hands through his hair. 
    "He's not picking up his phone. Could you swing by his house? I'm worried about him." Youngjae said. 
    "Sure, Oppa. I'll call you when I start driving home." I said. 
    "Good luck." Youngjae said, hanging up. I looked over at Ravi who was watching me curiously and I shrugged. 
    "We're just gonna pay Yongguk-Oppa a quick visit; make sure he's alright." I said. Ravi nodded, holding my hand again as we walked through the fog. 
    It was creepy now walking through the dark and I was grateful for Ravi being there. He made jokes to lighten the mood, and we finally arrived at Yongguk's house. 
    "Yongguk-Oppa?" I called, knocking on his door. When there was no answer, I pulled out the emergency key he had given me. I started to fit it into the lock before I saw the door was open a few inches and the lock was busted. 
    "Ravi." I said quietly, pointing to the lock. Ravi tensed immediately, pushing me behind him and nudging the door open with his foot. 
    I followed Ravi inside, swallowing nervously as Ravi flicked the lights on. The furniture in the living room had been tipped over and broken, glass from the coffee table glittering on the floor. There were big rips in the couch and armchairs, and Ravi kept walking steadily. 
    The mess was just as bad in the kitchen and in Yongguk's office. The window in the office was broken and blood pooled on the floor, making me cover my mouth. Ravi dipped two fingers in the blood, rubbing it against his thumb and studying it carefully. 
    "It's hyung's." Ravi said softly. I sat down weakly in the desk chair, feeling sick to my stomach. 
    "What happened?" I asked quietly. Ravi shrugged,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter