Healing

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    "Ravi, slow down!" Magnus called, jogging out from his front door and grabbing my forearm firmly. I ripped away from him and shook my head, continuing to walk down the steps and towards the street. 
    "Ravi, we need a plan!" Magnus clattered down after me, sliding in front of me and catching at my shoulders. I glared at him, still trying to get past in him in vain. 
    "No, we need to go get Youngmin back! And Hyuk! And Leo!" I said, frowning deeply. "Shouldn't you be back there with Himchan?" 
    "Your friend should have traveled back to his home through my portal and be home asleep by now; he won't remember anything. We can use the information he gave us to make a plan, which we can then carry out like sane people." Magnus said calmly. 
    "And give them time to move and get away?! No way!" I exclaimed, glaring at him. Magnus held my eyes for several breathless seconds, before nodding and removing his hands from my shoulders. 
    "Okay. Let's go." Magnus said. I frowned a little, slightly surprised by his complete attitude reverse, but Magnus motioned me ahead. 
    "I thought you thought I was crazy." I muttered as I walked forward. Magnus laughed and a wild grin split his face as he followed me. 
    "I do. But crazy people are the most fun." Magnus smirked. He let me take the lead and we twisted through the dark alleyways together. 
    I was busy following Himchan's scent and Magnus was using a small blue flame to help him see where he was going, so I almost missed the faint scratching sounds coming from underneath me. I flung my arm across Magnus' chest to keep from running past, and held my finger to my lips. 
    "Listen." I whispered. There it was again, a faint scratching coming from underneath us. There was a large townhouse in front of us, but it had been abandoned long ago. The curtains were drawn, but if I focused very hard, I could see a tiny crack of light coming from under the door. 
    "I think we're here." Magnus said softly, his eyes reflecting the light eerily and shining in the dark. I nodded, getting down on my hands and knees in the street with a soft crunch of gravel to put my ear to the ground. 
    The cold water from the ground seeped into my hair and the gravel scraped up the palms of my hands, but I tried to focus my hearing. There was a peculiar clanging sound from underneath, along with a very distinct voice. 
    "Youngmin." I whispered, hearing the soft catch and fall of her voice from below me. Magnus nodded, pulling me to my feet and walking towards the front door. 
    "They must be down in the basement. Some of these old houses have cellars below them that are absolutely massive." Magnus said. He raised his hand to knock on the rotted door and I caught his wrist with wide eyes. 
    "What are you doing?!" I hissed. Magnus shook me off and straightened his back, knocking softly on the front door. 
    "I am knocking. How else do you propose we get in?" Magnus said. When there was no reply, he knocked harder, only for the door to swing open with a eerie creak. 
    "Break a window or something!" I said, reluctantly following as he stepped into the wooden entryway. 
    "But there's a perfectly good door right here." Magnus said somewhat defensively, his boots clicking on the wooden floor. 
    "Watch out for Jin and Jungkook." I warned, following him. My hands were fists at my sides and I hunched tensely, eyeing the grand staircase we were fast approaching. 
    The bottom of the staircase had crumbled and jagged pieces of wood littered the floor. A thick layer of dust covered everything, and I coughed quietly as I stepped forward. My feet were still bare and the floor was ice cold against my skin, making me shiver. 
    "Don't worry about me. You go find Youngmin, I'll look around." Magnus said. I nodded, about to turn and walk through a doorway to the left when movement on the stairs made me freeze. 
    Leo vaulted over the stair railing, landing with a thump in front of Magnus and rising quickly. I shouted a warning and Magnus ducked when Leo kicked towards his head. Magnus caught Leo's foot and twisted it, an answering crack coming from Leo's ankle. 
    "Just go!" Magnus said, looking at me briefly before shoving Leo away from himself. Leo stood shakily on one foot, beginning to lunge towards Magnus even as I turned and ran through the doorway. 
    I was in an old kitchen, and a trapdoor in the floor caught my attention. I ran forward, throwing it open and stepping forward only to fall down the stone stairs below. I tried to catch myself, scraping my arm on the stone floor and landing with a thud that knocked the air from my lungs. The sound of my own gasping breath was the only thing I could hear, and I stood with a wince. 
    "Hello?" I called, my voice echoing creepily through the hallway. There was a large metal door in front of me, and I slid the bolt blocking it slowly away. 
    Bracing myself for something to jump out at me, I slowly swung the door open and took a deep breath. The familiar flowery scent reached my nose and I tilted my head, walking into the dim room and looking at the two figures along the wall. 
    "Get out." I froze at the threatening voice coming from one figure, finally recognizing Hyuk as I walked forward. He was shackled to the wall and he lunged towards me, only to stop when he recognized me. 
    "Hyung!" Hyuk exclaimed, a brief smile flitting across his face before he looked towards Youngmin next to him. She was asleep but he nudged her awake, her eyes slowly opening as she looked around. 
    "Youngmin!" I gasped, dropping to my knees next to her and half-picking her up as I wrapped my arms around her. 
    "Ravi?" Youngmin croaked, trying to hug me back and crying out in pain. My head jerked up immediately and I looked at her swollen wrist with narrowed eyes. 
    "Who did this?" I growled, touching the purpled skin with gentle fingers. Youngmin shook her head, trying to sit up, and I ripped the chain attaching her to wall. There was a second bruise splayed across her cheekbone, and I touched it softly. 
    "No one." Youngmin said, watching as I carefully broke the chains off her wrists. I helped her stand and then turned to Hyuk, pulling him to his feet and supporting him gently. 
    "Are you hurt?" I asked, looking concernedly at Hyuk when he winced and almost fell. My arms tightened around his waist automatically and he shook his head, panting softly. 
    "Jin tried to give him two shots, but Hoseok used an antidote." Youngmin said, making me stop and turn towards her. 
    "What?" I said, shifting my foot in the damp cement with a echoing scraping noise. Youngmin pulled a piece of paper from her pocket and handed it to me with a shaking hand. Mud coated her fingertips and her clothes were torn and filthy, the knees of her jeans completely ripped. 
    "Hoseok and Suga figured out how to counteract the shots. This is the formula." Youngmin said wearily, running her hand distractedly through her hair. 
    "Okay." I said, pocketing the grubby piece of paper and helping Hyuk take a step froward. "We'll worry about this later. Right now, we have to get out of here."
    Youngmin nodded, walking on the other side of Hyuk and resting her good hand on his shoulder. We made our way out of the doorway, and I eased both of them up the wet stone steps carefully. Youngmin almost fell twice and I caught her both times, nudging her forward gently so I could help Hyuk. 
    "Magnus and Leo were fighting up here, so be careful." I whispered, peering around the doorway to the entryway cautiously. Magnus looked up and waved me forward, busy healing a long cut on his side. 
    "Your friend—I assume he's your friend?" Magnus interrupted himself, motioning elegantly to Leo unconscious on the floor next to him. I nodded, and Magnus gave himself s congratulatory smile. 
    "Your friend is unconscious and will not wake up until I tell him to. The house is entirely empty, and we should really go now before it collapses on us. That is my professional opinion." Magnus added, his eyes twinkling and a small smile gracing his lips. 
    "Okay. Youngmin, Hyuk, this is Magnus." I said, straining to keep Hyuk upright when he slipped again. I finally gave in and picked him up, cradling him to my chest and leading Youngmin forward. 
    "Pleased to meet you." Magnus said with a graceful bow to Youngmin as he took her hand and kissed it. She nodded, managing a small smile, and he inspected the bruise on her face clinically.    
    "We'll have to take care of this at my place." Magnus said confidently, turning to open the door for Youngmin. As soon as she walked outside the rotted door, it swung off the hinges and only Magnus' quick reflexes saved her from being hit in the head. 
    "Yeah, let's definitely get out of here." I agreed, walking through carefully with Hyuk and listening to Magnus lean the crumbling door on the frame and walk down the steps with me. He had slung Leo over his shoulder before he left, and Leo's face was obscured by his hair that hung down in his eyes.  
    We walked back to Magnus' house as fast as Youngmin could, Magnus sometimes reaching out to grasp her elbow and support her. I ached to be the one to help her, but I was busy with Hyuk. He didn't seem sick, just exhausted and hungry, and he was asleep in my arms by now. 
    "Everybody, inside." Magnus called, unlocking his front door and ushering us all in. We made a pitstop in the kitchen so Magnus could grab his first-aid kit, and he led us to an empty bedroom. 
    "Put him on the bed." Magnus said, gesturing to the heavily brocaded comforter that covered the bed in front of me. I looked questioningly from the mud coating Hyuk's skin and clothes to the brilliant bedspread, but Magnus waved me forward anyway. 
    I set Hyuk down and he shifted sleepily, curling up on his side with a wince. Magnus laid Leo down on the plush carpet on his back and stretched him out, looking him over carefully. Youngmin eased herself into a chair, supporting her swollen wrist gently. 
    "Alright, here's the plan." Magnus said, looking at all of us. "I will heal as many of you as I can without collapsing, and then we will turn to mundane magic." He held up the first-aid kit and walked over to Youngmin, eyeing her wrist carefully.
    "What can I do to help?" I asked. Magnus was silent for a few moments before motioning over to Hyuk. 
    "He has a cut on his arm; if you could bandage it, that'd be great." Magnus murmured, wrapping his ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter