Trick

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    "Ravi?" I opened my eyes at the soft voice, looking around the hospital room groggily. Youngmin was asleep with her head on my chest and I tightened my arm around her slightly, looking around for the voice. 
    "Over here." Leo murmured, waving at me slightly from the chair next to my bed. I smiled widely when I saw him and he stood, walking over to me hurriedly. 
    "Hyung—" Leo cut me off abruptly, wrapping his arms around me and closing his eyes. I hugged him back at tightly as I could, hearing him sigh in relief. 
    "When the link broke..." Leo started, trailing off when he didn't have the words to explain. I nodded, motioning for him to sit down again, watching him sway on his feet. 
    "I know. But Yongguk says my link with you will come back, it just might take a little time for us to adjust." I reassured. Leo nodded, looking over Youngmin distractedly. 
    "Is she alright?" Leo asked. I nodded, not able to tell him yet that my link with Youngmin had come back immediately, while his didn't. 
    "She's fine; why?" I asked. Leo shook his head, playing with his fingers as he looked down. 
    "The way she screamed when the link broke...it scared me." Leo admitted. I closed my eyes, not wanting to imagine the pain I had put both of them through, and Leo pulled his chair up closer to rest his hand on my arm. 
    "It wasn't your fault." Leo said. I nodded, opening my eyes and looking down at him. 
    "It was no one's fault." I said. Leo nodded, looking up when the door to the room opened. Youngmin blinked awake, sitting up next to me and smiling softly when I kissed the top of her head. 
    "How are you feeling?" I looked up abruptly as Yongguk walked slowly into the room. His eyes were fixed on the floor and his shoulders were hunched, his face turned away. Leo growled at him softly, but I stopped him with a hand on his arm.     
    "Much better, thanks. How about you?" I asked, forcing a smile onto my face. Yongguk looked up for a second then quickly looked back down when he met Leo's glare. 
    "I'm fine." Yongguk said softly. "I'm sorry, for what I did." 
    "Don't worry about it. I know it was unintentional." I said, waving my hand dismissively and then beckoning him inside. 
    Leo jumped out of his chair, slamming it back crossly before stalking out of the room. He shoved his shoulder into Yongguk when he passed him, nearly knocking the lean man over. Leo slammed the door, and I sighed softly. 
    "Don't mind him. He's just being overprotective." I said. Yongguk nodded uncertainly, balancing himself and then sitting in the chair Leo had left. 
    "How are you feeling?" Yongguk asked again. I shook my head at him, smiling slightly. 
    "You already asked me that." I reminded him. Yongguk shook his head, leaning forward to stare at me deeply. 
    "No. How are you /feeling/." Yongguk emphasized the word and I tilted my head to the side, not understanding what he was trying to say.     
    "Are you in pain?" Yongguk asked. I shook my head; the pain from my neck had dulled to an almost nonexistent throb. 
    "Are you itchy?" Yongguk asked.     
    "Excuse me?" I scrunched my nose. Yongguk sighed, giving me an exasperated look.     
    "Does the bite itch?" Yongguk questioned again. I nodded, reaching up to rub the gauze. 
    "A little." I admitted. Yongguk nodded understandingly, standing up and walking forward. I watched him as he reached out, looking over at me for permission first. 
    "May I?" Yongguk asked softly. I nodded and felt Youngmin's eyes on me as Yongguk slowly unwrapped the gauze. I winced a little as he peeled the dressing away, the cloth sticking to my skin and tugging a little. 
    "This looks much better." Yongguk said appreciatively, looking down at the bite. His gaze shifted over to me and he gave me a shy smile. 
    "You're definitely turning." Yongguk said. I nodded, feeling him prod a little at the bite. I stood up, walking to the tiny bathroom my room had and looking at my reflection in the mirror. 
    There was a ring of black stitches in my neck, sewing the shredded flesh together. The skin around the stitches looked almost flawless, like it was healing three times the normal rate. I returned to Yongguk and Youngmin, lying back down and watching as Yongguk stared at me. 
    "What?" I finally asked, getting a little freaked out by his gaze. Yongguk shrugged, relaxing back in his chair and clearing his throat.     
    "Because I'm the one who turned you—and the only available werewolf in the area—it's my job to teach you everything." Yongguk started. I nodded, and Yongguk leaned forward. 
    "This means that you do what I say, when I say it. Exactly when I say it." Yongguk's tone was warning as he looked at me, and I nodded.     
    "Okay." I said. 
    "I mean it. This is serious; you could get killed." Yongguk said. I nodded a little more seriously now, looking over at him.     
    "I understand." I met his eyes levelly. Yongguk nodded before reaching out and smacking the top of my head. 
    "First rule, never look a werewolf in the eyes like that." Yongguk said. "It's a challenge." I nodded, rubbing the sore spot on my head and rolling my eyes.     
    "Second rule, always stay on the lookout for hunters." Yongguk said. I looked over at him, sure he was just messing around with me for rolling my eyes. 
    "I'm serious. There are hunters, and they will kill you." Yongguk said. He cleared his throat again, continuing with his talk.     
    "Third rule, trust your senses. Your gut feeling is usually right, so learn to use it." Yongguk said. 
    "Fourth rule, avoid touching things made of metal. You never really know what is silver and what isn't until you get experience using your nose." Yongguk said. I nodded, half-expecting to have to start writing out a list. 
    "Fifth rule, the last one. Never. Ever. Lose your temper." Yongguk's deep voice dropped impossibly low, his eyes holding mine and forcing me to nod. 
    "It'll be harder to stay calm, especially until the next full moon while your body is changing, but you can't lose your temper. If you get angry, you're going to either hurt yourself, or someone else." Yongguk said. 
    "Okay." I said. "How can I calm down?" 
    "Find an anchor. Someone or something you can focus on until your anger fades. Until you find an anchor?" Yongguk thought for a moment before turning to me. "Start running."  
    "I'll...keep that in mind." I said nervously. Yongguk nodded, turning to look at Youngmin. She sat up slightly, waiting for instructions. 
    "I'll be staying with you guys until Ravi transforms for the first time. I want to be around in case there are any...complications." Yongguk said. Youngmin nodded mechanically, all of us falling silent as Daehyun walked in. 
    "Good morning~" Daehyun smiled, taking a quick look at the bite on my neck. I wondered distractedly what they told him happened, but was pulled out of my thoughts when Daehyun nodded. 
    "This looks fine; you can go home today." Daehyun said with a smile. I sighed in relief but Yongguk stood. 
    "Shouldn't he stay a little longer?" Yongguk asked anxiously. Daehyun looked over at him, shaking his head. 
    "No, he'll be just fine." Daehyun said firmly. "Just be sure to get some rest." 
    "Thank you." I said. Daehyun nodded and I stood, changing into some clothes Youngmin had brought. My clothes from before had been trashed, shredded and covered with blood, so I gratefully put on the loose jeans and v-neck. 
    Daehyun rewrapped my neck with fresh gauze and discharged me, sending Youngmin and Yongguk out the door as well. I was still pretty tired, and Youngmin let me lean into her as we walked. 
    "My car's right here." Yongguk said softly. He opened the door for me, and Youngmin slid into the backseat next to me. 
    I fell asleep on the car ride home, woken gently by Youngmin and helped inside by Yongguk. He set me down on the couch next to Leo, walking into the kitchen with Youngmin to make some food. 
    Leo covered me with a blanket and retuned to watching tv until Yongguk appeared with a big plate of meat. I perked up immediately, inhaling the delicious scent from the meat and smiling at Yongguk when he set the plate down in front of me. I started eating immediately, shoving as much food as I could into my mouth until Leo cleared his throat pointedly and made me slow down. 
    I gave him a sheepish smile as I finished off the meat, Yongguk reaching out to ruffle my hair paternally. His hand was caught in Leo's iron grip immediately and Leo growled, glaring at Yongguk warningly. Yongguk rumbled back, yanking his hand away crossly and grabbing my empty plate.  
    "Would you two knock it off?" Youngmin asked, walking into the room. Leo looked away, staring at the tv fixedly and Yongguk stalked out towards the kitchen. 
    "Like five-year-olds..." Youngmin muttered, looking over at me with a smile. I smiled back at her softly, standing up. 
    "I think I'm going to go take a nap." I murmured. The others nodded and I gave Leo a stern look, raising one eyebrow. 
    "Leave Yongguk alone." I warned. Leo grumbled before nodding, smacking my hand away when I tried to ruffle his hair. I chuckled, kissing the top of Youngmin's hair before walking up the stairs. 

    The sound of shattering glass made me wake up, sitting up in bed. The light from a new moon filtered in slowly through my bedroom window, the sky pitch black around it. Leo was asleep next to me, his soft snores filtering through the room. 
    A scream from Youngmin's room made me bolt out of bed, racing across the hallway and throwing open her bedroom d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter