Collars

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I sat up slowly, feeling Doojoon's arms gently easing me up. The phantom pain that had invaded my head and side was gone now, and I looked around in confusion. Ravi and Yongguk were sitting on the ground next to two other young men. Both of the men were unconscious, and strange silver collars glittered around their necks. 
    "Are you okay?" Yoseob asked, leaning in to inspect me for injuries. I nodded hurriedly, thanking Kikwang when he pulled me to my feet. 
    "Youngmin!" Ravi's voice made me turn, and he staggered over towards me. He gave Kikwang a hostile look, reaching out to rip the other man's arm from around my shoulders. 
    "Are you alright? You're not hurt?" Ravi asked anxiously, looking at me and struggling to keep his eyes open. I nodded, reaching back to cup his neck and looking at the thick coat of blood on my palm. 
    "Come on, we need to get home. You need to see Leo." I said, grabbing his hand and helping him start to walk away. 
    "Thanks for all your help~" I called back to Doojoon and his friends. He walked forward, tucking a piece of paper into my hand and smiling at me. 
    "Call me if you need more help." Doojoon said, flashing a winning smile. I nodded, seeing Yongguk throw one of the unfamiliar young men over his shoulders and nudge him into place. Yongguk bent down, grabbing the second, smaller boy and cradling him in his arms. 
    "Come on." Yongguk said, looking anxiously over at Ravi. I nodded, wrapping my arm around Ravi's waist and feeling him drape his arm over my shoulders. He walked sluggishly forward, more blood beginning to drip down the back of his shirt. 
    Yongguk strode confidently through the fog, the blonde man bumping along his shoulders. I struggled to keep up, Ravi dragging along next to me. Yongguk looked back and saw me striving to hold Ravi up, looping back around. 
    "Stay here with him. I'll be right back with the car." Yongguk took my keys and took off running through the fog, leaving Ravi and I alone. 
    I sunk down on the ground, unable to hold Ravi up any longer, and eased his head into my lap. He shivered and I wrapped my blazer around him, running my fingers through his hair gently. Ravi's eyes flickered as he swam in and out of consciousness, and a sudden bolt of pain through the back of my head made me cry out and close my eyes. 
    I held the back of my head, looking down to see Ravi's eyes open again. He looked up at me, reaching up to cup my cheek. A warm feeling slowly spread through my chest, battling the pain in my head until a strong sense of love overwhelmed me. I closed my eyes with a sigh, feeling the pain melt away and the warmth in my heart stay. 
    "Come on, get him in the car!" Yongguk called, screeching up and rolling the driver's window down. I nodded, pulling Ravi up and pushing him into the backseat. 
    I put him in the middle, feeling him droop against me, and looked over at the blonde male sitting on the other side of Ravi. He was still unconscious, his hands handcuffed together. The second male was in the passenger seat, matching handcuffs on his wrists. 
    Yongguk slammed down on the gas, tearing out of town and through the streets. I watched Ravi's eyes flicker more and knew brain damage could be a serious problem if Leo didn't heal him quickly. 
    Yongguk seemed to realize this, speeding into the driveway and carrying Ravi into the house at a run. Leo was sitting on the couch with a ice pack on his head, perking up immediately when Yongguk ran inside. 
    I knew Leo had felt Ravi's injury through their link, and he set to work healing Ravi quickly. I stayed by Ravi on the couch, our hands clasped tightly together while Leo worked. Yongguk came in with the other two males, setting them down on the floor and sliding couch cushions under their heads. 
    "What happened?" Leo asked. I explained as best as I could, and Leo looked over at Yongguk. 
    "Where are you injured?" Leo asked. Yongguk shook his head but I stopped him, remembering the blood from the window. 
    "Ravi knew you were hurt. What's wrong?" I asked. Yongguk shook his head again, dropping to his knees when he saw one of the men start to open their eyes. 
    "Namjoon?" Yongguk said, hovering over the blonde man. I looked over him, eyeing his filthy jeans and ragged t-shirt, then looking at the little bruises and scrapes that covered his exposed arms. 
    Namjoon sat up slowly, straining at the handcuffs holding him and looking around with scared eyes. He looked down next to him at his comrade, gasping when he saw the cut on the other's head. 
    "Suga!" Namjoon exclaimed, reaching out to press his hands against the wound. Yongguk reached out roughly, yanking the boy back and standing over him threateningly. 
    "You're going to tell me who sent you and who you are, and then I'll help your friend." Yongguk growled, his teeth clenched as he looked down at Namjoon. 
    "I-I don't know!" Namjoon said, looking over at Suga in fear. I looked over at Leo, seeing him looking at the two new boys closely, then checked that Ravi was okay.  
    "It's her." Leo said softly, critically looking the boys up and down, taking in their appearance. "Mistress did this."
    "Yes! Mistress told us to go and kidnap him and then bring him to her." Namjoon said, pointing at Yongguk. Leo nodded understandingly, kneeling next to Suga and reaching out. 
    Leo healed the smaller boy slowly, closing his ugly wounds and patting his thin shoulder gently. Suga was also wearing the same tattered clothes and bruises, making anger rise up in me when I saw what Mistress had done. 
    "What are we going to do with them?" I asked Yongguk. He shrugged, walking back to the couch and sitting down. 
    "I guess we'll just let them go. We can't keep them here." Yongguk said. Namjoon bolted up with a look of terror, kneeling in front of Yongguk pleadingly. 
    "No! Please, don't make us go back!" Namjoon begged, looking at Leo. Leo was silent, looking down at the boys with cold eyes. 
    "If we keep you here, it will lead Mistress right back to us." Leo said. I knew he wanted to help these boys, but he was trying to keep Ravi and I safe. 
    "Just let us stay one night! Until Suga can walk." Namjoon bargained. Yongguk and Leo shared a glance before slowly nodding. 
    "Fine. You'll sleep down here." Yongguk said. He made himself comfortable on the couch, staring down at the boys on the floor. 
    "I'll take Ravi up to bed." I said softly, standing up and shaking Ravi's shoulder. His eyes opened sleepily and I pulled him up. 
    I walked up the stairs with him, setting him down in my bed. Hongbin and Leo had agreed to take the guest room, so Ravi and I shared my room now. 
    I tucked Ravi in bed, putting on my pajamas and crawling in with him. He was asleep but he still turned towards me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me back into his chest. I smiled at the familiar way he curved around me, keeping me warm and safe in his embrace. 

    I bolted awake in bed, the after effects of a nightmare swirling through my brain. I sighed, easing back down and looking at the clock on my bedside. 2:45 am. I tried to close my eyes and sleep, but I was too preoccupied now. 
    My thoughts wandered down to Suga and Namjoon sleeping on the floor. They must be hungry and cold without any blankets. I couldn't just leave them down there. I got up slowly, careful not to wake Ravi, and padded downstairs. Soft voices from the living room made me pause to listen, recognizing Namjoon's voice. 
    "Do you think she'll kill us for not bringing Yongguk back?" an unfamiliar voice—probably Suga—asked. 
    "Most likely." Namjoon said hopelessly. 
    "We're pretty replaceable, I guess. Since she's got the five others." Suga said. I tensed at this—Mistress had five other boys?! 
    "Just go back to sleep. Maybe we'll get something to eat in the morning." Namjoon said. 
    I walked forward into the living room, rolling my eyes when I saw Yongguk asleep on the couch, snoring away. Good guard dog he made. Namjoon and Suga turned to look at me, both of them tensed to run if necessary. 
    "Calm down. I just came to make you some food and get you some blankets." I said softly. They both relaxed a little, Suga pushing himself to his feet to follow me into the kitchen. 
    I pulled out a package of Ravi's favorite cookies and heated them in the microwave, laying them before the boys with twin glasses of milk. 
    "Are you sure we can..." Suga asked uncertainly, looking hungrily down at the food. I nodded, pushing the plate closer to the two of them, and they started eating without another thought. 
    I left them in the kitchen with the package of cookies, getting fluffy blankets from the hall closet and fixing a bed on the floor for them. I padded it with pillows and walked back to the kitchen, beckoning the two boys back when they were done.  
    "Try to get some sleep." I said, tucking them both in. They nodded, rolling over and falling asleep quickly. 
    I settled in on the sofa next to Yongguk, trying to get some sleep. I dimly remember Ravi coming downstairs to look for me and cuddling in next to me. He wrapped his arms around me, placing his palm on my forehead and making me slip off into sleep. 

    I woke in the morning to a bustle of activity. It was Saturday morning, so Hongbin was sitting on the floor with a bowl of cereal flipping through morning cartoons. Leo was talking quietly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter