The End

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I turned sleepily, registering a warm weight draped across my waist. My back was deliciously warm, pressed against something comfortingly soft. I turned my body, finding myself in the circle of Ravi's arms. He was asleep, his breathing deep and even against my chest. I smiled slightly, burrowing my head into his chest and taking a lungful of his clear clean scent. 
    It felt nice to be back with him. Our bodies fit together perfectly like two puzzle pieces and I sighed, closing my eyes again. Ravi stirred slightly, raising his head and blinking down at me groggily. 
    "Hi, sleepy head." I smiled, my heart warming when Ravi snuggled further against me and buried his face in my neck. 
    "Morning." Ravi's voice was cutely muffled and I giggled when his breath tickled my skin. I shifted slightly and he groaned in protest, wrapping his limbs around me completely. 
    "Ravi, I'm hungry." I pouted. "You can't koala me now."
    "Mmf." Ravi muttered angrily into my neck. I giggled, struggling to disentangle myself from him and stand up. 
    "Are you gonna come?" I asked, smiling down at him. Ravi grumbled, standing up reluctantly to follow me downstairs. His hair was in complete disarray, sticking up adorably in every direction, and I covered a smile. 
    "Let's go get breakfast." I encouraged, grabbing his hand and pulling him downstairs. Ravi trotted after me sleepily, almost slipping on the stairs and plunking himself tiredly on a kitchen stool. 
    "No more late nights in the forest, you're too tired after." I scolded lightly, pulling out pancake mix and putting the pan on the stove. 
    "Yes, mother." Ravi muttered sarcastically, giving me a quiet smile before resting his head on his outstretched forearms.  
    "Hmph." I muttered, flipping a pancake. "Would you go check on your brother?"
    "Mmmm." Ravi mumbled, standing up to walk into the living room. 
    I continued cooking, taking my time to make enough food for all three of us. I laid out the toppings and poured three glasses of orange juice, setting everything up on the counter. I was about to go look for the boys when Ravi and Leo shuffled into the kitchen. 
    Leo had one arm around Ravi's shoulders, allowing Ravi to slowly walk him forward. Ravi set him down on a stool and Leo sagged, a book dangling from his hand. He looked exhausted, shaking slightly as he leaned forward into the counter. 
    "What is that?" I asked, pointing to the book in his hand. Leo looked up at me, carefully moving his arm to deposit the book on the counter. 
    "I found it in your brother's room. I want to know how it ends." Leo said quietly. I scanned the title, smiling when I saw he had found the last book of the Mazerunner series. 
    "How far into it are you?" I asked, sliding a plate of pancakes in front of him. Leo reached out to grab the pitcher of honey, pouring a little over his food before his fingers fumbled and he dropped it. Ravi caught the ceramic container before it hit the countertop and handed it back to Leo, his fingers staying curled over Leo's hand to help him pour. 
    "Halfway." Leo said finally, setting the honey down and taking a slow bite of food. I nodded, taking a bite of my own pancakes and meeting Ravi's eyes worriedly. 
    "When was the last time you went outside?" I asked Leo, patting his shoulder gently. He flinched slightly in pain and I drew my hand back, biting my lip anxiously. 
    "I don't know." Leo admitted. His fingers traced the letters on the book's cover absentmindedly, and he pushed his plate of pancakes away gently. 
    "Are you going to eat more?" Ravi asked quietly, his arm curling feather-light around Leo's shoulders. 
    "I'm not hungry." Leo murmured. He started to stand and Ravi moved to support him, waiting for Leo to grab his book before heading back to the living room. 
    I finished my food quickly, wiping down the countertop and carrying Ravi's plate of half-finished food to the living room. Leo was laying down on the couch, his knees drawn up to support the book on his lap. Ravi sat with Leo's feet on his thighs, occasionally reaching up to make sure the blanket next to him covered Leo completely.         
    "Ravi-ah, can you do me a favor?" Leo asked quietly, not noticing I was standing in the doorway. Ravi looked over at Leo, nodding and waiting for him to speak. 
    "Of course, hyung." Ravi said finally. Leo reached out, handing the book to Ravi with shaking hands. 
    "I can't focus on the words. Will you read it to me?" Leo asked faintly. Ravi nodded again, reaching out hesitantly to grasp the book and balance it on his knees. 
    Leo curled up tighter, his head supported by the pillow behind him as he closed his eyes. Ravi started reading in his clear deep voice, the lines of Leo's face smoothing out as he relaxed. I walked quietly into the room, setting down Ravi's plate on the table in front of him and sitting silently on the chair across from them. 
    I listened to Ravi read until we both looked over and realized Leo was asleep. Ravi closed the book slowly, dog-earing the page to keep his place and setting it down on the coffee table. 
    "He's getting worse." Ravi finally said after a few minutes of silence. I nodded with a sigh, shaking my head quietly. 
    "Let's take him to town." I said. Ravi looked over at me like I was crazy, and I attempted to explain. 
    "Some fresh air might do him good; we can sit him down on a bench in the park or maybe go to get something to eat. If he's not doing better in an hour or so, we can just take him to Magnus." I said. Ravi thought quietly for a minute before nodding, relaxing slightly on the couch.
    "Let's leave in a few hours and give him a chance to sleep." Ravi proposed. I nodded, turning on the tv and watching the hours tick by. 
    At five o clock Ravi stood, disappearing upstairs to pick out a clean pair of sweatpants and a shirt for Leo to change into. 
    I went to the kitchen while Ravi woke Leo and helped him change, grabbing my car keys and phone. Ravi called me back in and we all trooped to the car, Ravi and Leo getting into the backseat. 
    "Why are we doing this again?" Leo croaked, leaning into Ravi when I turned the car to the right. Ravi made sure Leo's seatbelt was fastened and I explained our planned trip to the park. 
    "How does that sound?" I asked, my thumbs tapping out a rhythm on the steering wheel. Leo hummed quietly in agreement, looking out the window.
    "Hyung, you aren't in pain, right?" Ravi asked quietly as I stopped my car outside the large park in the middle of town.
    "I'm fine." Leo said, his eyes slanting down to his feet in guilt for his lie. Ravi let it go though, holding the door and helping Leo out of the car. 
    "Here, let's go sit on that bench over there." I said, forcing a bright smile on my face as I pointed to a small bench in front of the fountain in the middle of the park. 
    "Sounds good." Ravi agreed, hovering next to Leo as we walked over the grass. The sun shone down warmly despite the evening shadows creeping up on us, and Leo eased himself down onto the bench. 
    Ravi surprised us all by pulling out Leo's book, straddling the bench next to Leo and opening the book. Ravi started reading and I relaxed on the bench, enjoying the soft rushing of water in front of us. Leo listened to Ravi quietly, his face tilted up to the sun as he took deep, even breaths.       
    When the sky had become a brilliant painting of indigo and rose gold, Ravi closed the book. Old-fashioned streetlights blinked into view around us, lighting up the empty park in their soft glow. Ravi stood, rousing me from my dream-like state and dusting off his trousers. 
    "I'll be right back; you stay with Leo." Ravi smiled, squeezing my shoulder gently. I nodded, kissing the corner of his mouth when he bent down. He ruffled Leo's hair carefully, turning to walk across the thick grass towards the brightly lit shops of town. 
    I relaxed on the bench with Leo, his head pillowed in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair and Leo sat up, his back pressing against my side as he looked around.
    "T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter