Bite

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    "Say goodbye." Minwoo's breath rushed against my neck and I forced myself to move. I shoved him away, ripping his hands off me and jumping forward. I caught him and we rolled together on the ground, stopping when I pinned him below me and held his hands above his head. The wet pavement pressed into my knees, crunching damply under me when I moved. 
    Minwoo started laughing, smiling up at me as his fangs melted away. I pressed down harder on his chest uncertainly, making him wheeze and then give me a good-natured scowl. 
    "Would you ease up a little? I was just kidding." Minwoo chuckled. I slid off him, standing up and crossing my arms. He stood, brushing off the back of his pants and laughing again. 
    "The look on your face—" 
    "Shut up." I growled. "Give me one good reason to not tear you apart right here."
    "Dude, chill. I was just having some fun." Minwoo winked at me. I growled, grabbing the collar of his shirt and slamming his back into the wall. 
    "Fun? Do you have any idea how much stress I'm under right now, and you pull a stunt like that?!" I yelled. Minwoo's smile slipped off his face, his eyes narrowed as he scowled at me. 
    "I was coming here to tell you where to find your friend, but I wouldn't want to add to your stress level." Minwoo spat, flinging my hand away from him and turning to begin climbing to the roof.  
    "What? You know where Leo is?" I called, climbing up and grabbing his ankle to keep him still. 
    "Yeah." Minwoo called nonchalantly, shaking out of my grip and climbing higher. I caught him again, making him hiss down at me in annoyance. 
    "Please, tell me where he is." I begged, tugging on his ankle. Minwoo sighed, letting go and dropping onto the ground. He landed on his feet, dusting off his hands and looking up at me expectantly. 
    I let go as well, thudding onto the ground gracelessly and rolling to my feet. Minwoo started walking, leading me through the dark streets. 
    "Where did you find him? How did you find him? Is he okay?" I asked rapidly, making Minwoo roll his eyes at me. 
    "We found him in the street. We were walking and smelled the blood. He's going to be fine." Minwoo answered my questions flatly, arriving at a large sprawling house. I hadn't noticed it before but now I questioned the reason, for now that I saw it, it was the most noticeable house on the block. 
    It was a one-story house, with a large fence surrounding it. The almost-full moon hung over the house, peeking through the clouds and reflecting off the wrought iron fence. The house felt...dark. Eerie, in a way. 
    I sighed, shaking off the shivers creeping up my spine and following Minwoo. He walked through the gate and beckoned me on, crunching across the grass of the front lawn and striding up to the door. 
    Minwoo opened the large door, swinging it in and taking off his shoes inside. I did the same, following him warily through a long hallway. He led me to a door, tapping the outside and smiling at me. 
    "Your friend's in here." Minwoo said. I nodded, reaching out to open the door and step inside. 
    I found myself in a bedroom, the large white bed in the center drawing me in. Leo was asleep in it, his face relaxed and a faded bruise under his eye sharply contrasting his pale skin. His collar was still in place, and I looked at the bandages around his wrist and hand, lying above the blanket. I lifted his hand carefully, twining his limp fingers through mine and unwinding the bandage, wincing when I saw the slice across his wrist. It had been deep but it was already scarring over, making me frown. I checked his other wrist and found an identical cut, my frown deepening. Someone had slit his wrists, trying to kill him, but here he was, perfectly fine and healing? That didn't make sense. 
    "Minwoo?" I turned, calling his name, and found the door closed and the room empty save Leo and I. I frowned deeply, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up as I caught an unfamiliar scent. 
    "Relax." I jumped as a man appeared in the room, recognizing Donghyun as he waved at me. He walked forward, inspecting Leo's face and nodding softly. 
    "He can go home now. He'll be up in a few hours." Donghyun said. 
    "What did you do to him?" I asked, watching as the cuts in Leo's wrists slowly started healing more. 
    "He was going to die if we didn't do anything; I'm not sure he wasn't dead when we found him." Donghyun said quietly. 
    "What did you do?" My voice was low, a soft growl hanging off the edges of my words. Donghyun turned to face me, shrugging slightly. 
    "I had to give him some of my blood." Donghyun said. 
    "What?!" I lunged forward, but Donghyun stepped neatly out of the way. 
    "Calm down, it's not going to do anything." Donghyun's voice was soft and reassuring, but I growled. 
    "Is he going to become a...a...like you?!" I narrowed my eyes, lisping through my canines. 
    "No. Nobody bit him, so he's perfectly human. The blood just helps him heal a little faster." Donghyun said. I took a deep breath, struggling for control as I looked down at Leo's peaceful face. 
    "Are you sure?" I asked lowly. Donghyun nodded, stepping back and dropping his hands to his side. 
    "I'm sure." Donghyun said. "You two can get going now." 
    It was obviously an offer to leave, and I nodded. I reached out, picking Leo up and cradling him carefully in my arms. He stayed asleep, and I turned to bow slightly to Donghyun. 
    "Thank you for your help." I said stiffly.  
    "Anytime." Donghyun said smoothly, fading back out of the room. I made sure Leo was secure in my arms before opening the door and walking down the hallway. 
    I made my way out of the house, relieved when the creepy feeling finally released me. I jogged down the street, wanting to get Leo home as soon as possible. I poured on more speed, Leo's head bumping against my arm and his lip ring reflecting the moonlight. 
    I reached the house with a sigh of relief, walking inside and carrying Leo up to his bedroom. I tucked him in and pulled up a chair by the side of his bed, propping my elbows on my knees and my chin on my palms.
    "What happened to you? Where did you go?" I mumbled to myself, look down at Leo. He didn't answer obviously and I sighed, reaching out to ruffle his hair. 
    "You cut your hair?" I asked myself, looking at the short locks Leo now sported. They were slightly uneven, cut in haste, and my hand dropped down to his ear. 
    My fingertips brushed over his collar and I yanked back my hand with a hiss of pain. Frowning, I looked down at my fingers and inspected the red burn that spread over the tips. I dimly remembered Yongguk burning himself on my collar when he bit me and I frowned deeper. I sat forward, touching the collar quickly and yelping, realizing what a stupid idea that was when I looked at the larger burn on my hand. 
    I shook my head, slouching back in my chair and resolving to ask Yongguk about the collar when he woke up. I finally dozed off around five in the morning and woke up when Leo sat up. 
    "Hyung!" I said happily, making Leo look at me with a sigh of relief. 
    "Ravi." Leo rasped. I wrapped my arms around him, smiling into his shoulder when he hugged me back. 
    "How did I get here?" Leo asked quietly. I explained the vampires to him and he nodded sleepily, barely able to keep his eyes open. 
    "Get some more sleep, we can talk more when you wake up." I said, patting his shoulder and easing him back down. Leo nodded, rolling over and falling asleep almost immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter