Fall

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

     I sat down at the kitchen table, helping myself to the pile of pancakes and listening quietly to everyone talk. One by one, the wolves had to leave to go to day jobs or school, and I wondered if Youngmin would even be able to graduate with how many school days she had skipped. I shrugged, deciding it didn't matter, and stood. 
    "Taeyang, can you give me a ride?" I asked, watching him put his plate in the sink and start to go. 
    "Where?" Taeyang asked, shrugging on a borrowed shirt and tossing his ruined one in the bin. 
    "I have to see Yongguk." I said, looking at him seriously. Taeyang paused for a moment to think before shrugging and nodding. 
    "Alright." Taeyang said. He leaned over and kissed Youngmin on the top of the head, smiling at her softly. 
    "Thanks for the food." Taeyang smiled, reaching down to pat Haru's forehead. She would be going with Seungri, but they were leaving a little later. 
    "No problem. Drive safely." Youngmin smiled, turning to me. "Ravi, be safe." Youngmin pressed a kiss to my lips and I nodded when she pulled away. 
    "Ready?" Taeyang asked. I nodded again, turning to follow him to his destroyed car and slide into the passenger seat. 
    I sighed when I sat down, tipping my head back to rest against the seat. My head didn't hurt anymore, but exhaustion dragged at me every second of the day. I was weaker too; I had struggled to open the wood front door even though Youngmin navigated it easily. Taeyang seemed to notice my tired state and didn't try to talk, turning up the radio and driving carefully. 
    I closed my eyes and before I knew it, we were in front of Yongguk's house. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and got out of the car slowly, taking a deep breath before I walked forward. 
    "Do you want me to..." Taeyang trailed off, gesturing at the door. I shook my head, giving him a grateful smile. 
    "No, go ahead. Thanks for the ride." Taeyang nodded and got back in the car, driving away carefully. 
    I walked up the front steps and opened the door, walking into the small kitchen. Jiyong was standing at the counter, brewing two cups of coffee, and he turned with a start when he heard me. 
    "Easy, it's just me." I reassured, staring at the knife that had almost leapt into his hand when he heard me. Jiyong sighed and pocketed the knife with a relieved smile. 
    "Thank god, I couldn't handle any more fights." Jiyong said, grabbing a third cup for me. I took it gratefully, slurping down the hot liquid and watching him stretch lazily. 
    "Yongguk's in the basement, if you came to see him. Tablo left for work, and I'm on guard dog duty." Jiyong wiggled his eyebrows teasingly, holding out the second cup of coffee and a plate of breakfast. 
    "Take this to him, will you?" Jiyong said. "The code on the door is 6901105."
    "Sure." I took the cup, nodding and walking towards Yongguk's bedroom. 
    "Just yell if you need something." Jiyong called. I flipped back the rug and slid the door aside, making my way down the steps carefully. I passed through the doors easily, walking carefully into the room. 
    "Hyung?" I asked, taking a deep breath. Many different scents mixed together, making me wrinkle my nose as the metallic smell of blood mixed with vomit and sour fear. The bitter tang of misery was present, along with the spicy burn of anger. My nose stung with the force of it all and I started to breathe through my mouth, seeing Yongguk sitting along the wall. 
    "Hyung?" I got closer, kneeling in front of him. Yongguk raised his head, looking at me with roaming eyes. His wrists were chained to wall above him, just like mine had been when I stayed here, and the muscles in his arms constantly flexed like they were trying to get free. 
    "Yongguk-hyung, look at me." I said quietly. He head snapped towards me and he looked me up and down, his eyes flickering yellow briefly before turning back to brown. 
    The circles under his eyes looked like black bruises against his white face. Sweat rolled down his face and I could feel his fever from where I sat, watching his chest rise and fall in rapid pants. His lips were cracked open and his face was thinner, all sharp angles and points. His body was thinner too, the curves of his ribs visible through a rip in his shirt. The bite on his shoulder dripped blood on the white floor slowly, the blood colored black just like before. 
    I frowned, reaching out and dipping my fingers in it. I rubbed my fingers together, watching as the red blood filtered out and I found myself staring at liquid that was not black, but rather dark blue. I wiped the liquid on the white floor and watched as it grew ever more blue. This was the same stuff Mistress gave to Leo, but how did it get to Yongguk?
    I frowned deeper, reaching out to touch his forehead to see just how much of a temperature Yongguk had. He snarled and snapped at my hand, making me draw back immediately. 
    "Yongguk, when was the last time you ate?" I asked. His eyes flickered again and he shook his head. 
    "Can't...can't remember." Yongguk panted. I nodded, picking up a muffin from the tray and unwrapping it carefully. I held it to his mouth, nudging it against his lips until he opened his mouth. 
    "Don't want it." Yongguk panted. 
    "Yongguk, you need to eat. You're hurt and sick, you need food." I said firmly, watching him swallow the muffin. 
    "Don't deserve it." Yongguk protested softly. I frowned in confusion, holding the muffin up again. 
    I continued feeding him until he finished eating, then sat back and grabbed the cup of coffee. Yongguk turned his head away and I frowned, walking to the bathroom and dumping the coffee in the sink. I filled the cup with fresh water after rinsing it out, carrying it back to Yongguk. 
    "Here." I said, holding the cup to his mouth. Yongguk shook his head and I tried again. Yongguk jerked forward suddenly, startling me and head butting the cup across the floor. 
    "I don't want water!" Yongguk yelled, glaring at me angrily. My mouth dropped open in shock and his teeth grew down, his eyes changing color rapidly. 
    "Okay, okay, you don't need to drink the water right now..." I said calmly, trying to make him relax. He heaved against the cuffs holding him and blood dripped down faster from the bite. 
    "Don't want it...don't-don't want it." Yongguk muttered, sagging against the wall. His teeth grew back to normal and his eyes changed to brown. 
    "Have just one more bite of food for me?" I asked carefully, holding out a piece of bacon. Yongguk looked at miserably, closing his eyes and whimpering softly. 
    "Don't deserve it." Yongguk whined. 
    "Why do you say that?" I asked. I held out the bacon and Yongguk obediently took a bite at my stern glare. 
    "She said so." Yongguk panted. 
    "Who? Who said so?" I set the bacon down and leaned forward, looking at Yongguk seriously. 
    "Minah." Yongguk whispered. "I don't deserve water or food, she said. She said." 
    "Is she in your head? Yongguk, look at me!" I shook him slightly, forcing his roaming eyes back to my face. 
    "She's here." Yongguk said. "Don't deserve food." 
    I remembered Leo biting Yongguk after he had woken up and everything clicked. Leo transferred the fluid into Yongguk's blood stream by biting him. It wasn't enough for Mistress to have full control of Yongguk, but she was definitely inside his head. Just as I came to that conclusion, Yongguk leaned over and vomited. 
    "Whoa, easy!" I exclaimed, shifting out of the way and holding his forehead so he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter