We're Not That Close

Business Engagement

"You better hurry up!" Jessica demanded. "Or else I'm going to march inside the building to get you!"

"Arraso, Unnie," Krystal assured. "I just have to find my phone."

"Do you know where it is, though?"

"Maybe."

"…Krystal…"

"I'm kidding! Of course I know where I left my phone! In fact, I can even get it right now in less than five seconds!" Krystal said, smiling. Jessica heaved a sigh and waved her hand.

"Well, hurry up. I have to get home soon," Jessica commanded. Krystal obeyed like a dog as she ran into the building. Jessica blew her bangs and brushed them to the side. She constantly glanced at her clock and then back at the building. She was scared that Jaejoong might come out and scream at her, but she had to right to scream back.

After ten minutes, Jessica began to scowl. Where is that girl? She said that she'd be here in five seconds! Maybe she found her phone and is coming out of the building. I should give her a call.

Jessica began to dial some numbers on her phone. She pressed her phone besides her ear, waiting for her little sister to pick up. Instead, she heard a familiar ring tone next to her. Jessica scrunched her brows together.

That ring tone…Why is it so familiar? Jessica wondered. She glanced at the clean, white bag next to her. Finally, after putting her thoughts together, she realized that the ring tone was Krystal's phone, coming from her purse. She immediately dug her hands into Krystal's bag and found her phone. Jessica scoffed.

"That Krystal…" Jessica grumbled. 

"Of course I know where I left my phone! In fact, I can even get it right now in less than five seconds!" 

"EH?!" Jessica screamed. "She knew all along that her phone was in her purse?! Then why did she…Oh, ho, ho! Jung Krystal, you are going to be dead in less than five seconds!"

Jessica immediately dropped her phone and opened the door. She turned to her driver and coldly glared at him. "You knew that Krystal was planning this, right?"

"I do not know what you are talking about, Miss Jung," the driver said in a straight-forward tone. Jessica scowled as she got out of the car. She slammed the door and ran into the building.

Oh, Krystal! You're going to DIE!

"Jessica?"

Shoot. Jessica clearly remembered who that voice belonged to. She turned around and found Jaejoong frowning at her, holding his phone tightly in his hands. On the other hand, he was carrying a can of coffee and a water bottle.

I hate you, Krystal Jung, Jessica thought. Krystal then came out of the building and smiled. She held up a white iPhone and grinned at her sister.

"Oh! Unnie, I found my phone–Jaejoong-ssi! You're here!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Uh, you told me that Jessica would be waiting out here–"

"That's great! I'm sure you two have tons of things to talk about! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll in the car, texting my boyfriend," Krystal said quickly, as she rushed into the car. Jessica grimaced and stared at the ground. Jaejoong glared at Jessica.

"You! Why'd you leave so suddenly?" Jaejoong snapped. Jessica shot one of her famous deadly glares, making Jaejoong flinch.

"Me? Why are you so concerned about me? Go to your girlfriend instead. I knew that you were a player," Jessica shouted, flaring up.

Jaejoong stared at Jessica weirdly and said, "What? I told you that I broke up with my girlfriend a long time ago–"

"Oh, just talk to the hand!" Jessica said, holding up her hand. "I don't care about your stupid excuses!"

"But–"

"You know that you're playing with my feelings! Just admit it, I saw you with that other girl!"

"Jessica, you are totally making no sense! I–"

"Jaejoong?" Jaejoong and Jessica turned around, finding the same young, doe-eyed girl. "Who's she?"

Jaejoong's cheeks immediately turned pink a bit. Jessica scoffed at Yoona and glanced at Changmin, who was also blushing.

"Someone. Why do you need to know?" Jessica grumbled. Yoona smiled warmly at Jessica.

"Hi! I'm Im Yoona, Jaejoong's ex-girlfriend–"

"AHA!" Jessica shouted, pointing at Yoona, and then at Jaejoong. "See? That just proves that you're cheating on me!"

"That doesn't prove that she and I aren't dating yet!" Jaejoong blurted. Silence filled the atmosphere as Jaejoong flustered a bit. Jessica crossed her arms, Yoona blinked cluelessly at the couple, and Changmin just stood there, shocked at what Jaejoong had blurted.

"So you are planning to break up with me, right?" Jessica mumbled.

"We're not that close, right?" Jaejoong pointed out. Jessica hesitated.

"Still…" The only reason why Jessica didn't want to part from Jaejoong was because she was sick of meeting other guys who just found her boring. Except one, and that guy was Jaejoong. He was the first guy Jessica had met who had treated her like a friend.

Changmin finally spoke up as he cleared his throat. "Uh, I'm not sure why it got so quiet here, but let's go inside the office, okay?"

"No, I'm going back into my car. I have to get home," Jessica responded. She turned and left to get into her limousine. Jaejoong was just about to call Jessica's name, but hesitated. Changmin glanced at Jaejoong and smiled.

"Hey, is that water bottle for me?" Changmin asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, it is. I forgot to leave it for you while trying to find Jessica," Jaejoong replied. He handed the water bottle to Changmin, who gulped down large gulps of water. Yoona smiled and locked arms with Jaejoong.

"Come on, let's go! We have lots to discuss," Yoona replied. Jaejoong smiled as he felt his heart quicken its pace.

How long was it since we've been together? Jaejoong wondered. He nodded his head as he went into the building with Yoona at his side. Changmin followed behind them, drinking his water and quenching his thirst.