Between Jessica and Changmin

Business Engagement

Once Changmin's driver fixed up the tire, they took off right away. Yoona was quickly dropped off at her house, and soon they dropped Jaejoong off at his building. Now, it was only Changmin, Jessica, and Krystal in the car. Though Changmin fidgeted and constantly opened his mouth to talk to her, they didn't make a real conversation. That was either because Jessica would give him a one-reply answer, or Changmin just couldn't say anything interesting enough that would catch her attention. Krystal was already fast asleep, but Jessica knew that Krystal was only closing her eyes and pretending that she was sleeping.

"So…after this, do you know what Jaejoong is going to do?" Jessica asked. Changmin looked up with wide eyes as if he was shocked that Jessica was speaking to him. Then, he shook his head a bit.

"No, I don't. You?"

Jessica shook her head in reply. "I wish I knew. He's very…secretive when it comes to work."

"That's Jaejoong," Changmin said, grinning. Jessica forced a smile.

"I just wish that he'll be a bit more…you know, open. Just like you, Changmin. I guess that's one good trait besides your looks," Jessica mumbled. Changmin swore that he was blushing clearly enough for Jessica to notice. However, Jessica didn't notice the blush on his cheek.

She called me good looking and open. That's two traits she likes about me! Changmin thought excitedly.

"What do you like about Jaejoong, then?" Changmin asked cautiously. Jessica faced Changmin, and then grinned.

"Everything."

"Even his attitude for not being so open?"

"Even that."

Changmin slightly pouted, and then looked away. He felt his heart crumble into small pieces, and felt his fingers curling up to form a fist. I shouldn't have asked her.

"Miss Jung, your home," Changmin's driver suddenly said. The car came to a stop, and Jessica decided to piggy-back Krystal inside the house. Changmin got out of the car and helped Jessica out.

"I'll help bring Krystal inside," Changmin offered. Jessica snorted.

"No, I can do it. Besides, you'll be surprised if you carry Krystal. She weighs like a pig!" Jessica giggled. Krystal kept quiet with her eyes closed, although she felt irritated with Jessica's comment. Changmin smiled, and then walked Jessica until she arrived at the front door. Right when Jessica was about to touch the doorknob, Changmin grabbed her wrist and turned around gently. Jessica raised an eyebrow as she looked at Changmin. He rubbed his nape, but bit his bottom lips.

"…You know, if you ever get tired of Jaejoong, or if you need a shoulder to cry on, you can come to me!" Changmin exclaimed. Jessica paused for a moment. There was a steady silence in the atmosphere. Changmin buried his face in his hands, as Jessica nodded her head.

"Sure. I'll let you know if I ever need you," Jessica said. She smiled, clearly dense of what Changmin's true meaning was behind those words.

But Krystal, who was still pretending to sleep, knew exactly what Changmin was trying to do. He was going to (or at least going to try to) snatch Jessica away from Jaejoong.

And there was no way that Krystal would let her sister's happiness be snatched away like that.

 

Ring! Ring!

"My phone! Where's my phone?!" Jaejoong muttered. He carefully listened to the faint ring of his cellphone, but still couldn't find his phone. He knew that it was in his room. He just had it a minute ago, but then after a few seconds, he forgot where he had placed the his phone.

Ring! Ring!

"Aha!" Jaejoong grinned proudly when he finally found his phone, which was buried under all his dirty laundry. He wondered how his phone got in the laundry basket, but he could care less. He stared at the caller, only to find that it was Jessica. He beamed, and cooly lied down on his bed as he accepted the call. "Hey Sica! What's up? Do you miss me already? You know that it's been only three days."

He heard someone laugh at the other line. He frowned, clearly knowing that it wasn't Jessica.

"Sica? Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! I really thought that you'd answer the phone like how you would do to everyone, but you just jumped to the first topic about my sister missing you."

Jaejoong sat straight up and widened his eyes. "Krystal?! Wait, isn't this Jessica's number–"

"It is, dummy. I'm calling you through my sister's phone," Krystal said with a hint of annoyance in her tone. "You wouldn't pick up any calls from me, so I could only get my sister's phone and call you."

Jaejoong frowned. "Well, that was because…"

"Because you just wanted my sister to call you first and blah, blah, blah. Look, I'm willing to share you big stuff."

"What stuff?" Jaejoong asked. He paused for a moment, and then scowled. "Hold up, this is a prank, isn't it?"

"No, it's not a prank. Actually, this event took place three days ago between Jessica and Changmin. I was, of course, pretending that I was sleeping, but I heard all of their conversation."

For a moment, Jaejoong felt sick in his stomach. "Wait…are you saying that they were talking behind my back or something?"

"Something. Look, just meet me at…" In the background, Jaejoong heard Jessica's voice hollering, "Hey Krystal! I'm going to the market! Want anything?"

"No thanks! Oh wait! Take your phone!" Krystal replied. Krystal quickly turned her attention back to Jaejoong. "Meet me at the cafe. You know, where they sell the best cheesecake? Oh, and bring some money, too. I want to eat some."

With that, Krystal quickly hung up. Jaejoong frowned, and finally stood up from his bed. He walked over to his closet, grabbed the cleanest jacket he had, and slipped it on as he left the house.


Author's Note: Hey everyone! Hopefully you're enjoying the latest chapters. ^_^ I'm here to advertise my new fanfic, Driven to Despair. I hope you guys will support it or at least check it out! :D