A Confession and a Kiss

Business Engagement

Taecyeon scowled. What was Krystal doing with Changmin and Yoona? Wait, what was Yoona doing with Changmin in the first place? Sure, he knew that Yoona and Changmin knew each other, but he never thought that they were this close.

It surprised him, but watching Changmin and Yoona be so close caused him to feel bitter inside. He carefully watched Krystal pull out her phone and take a picture of Changmin and Yoona, who were having dinner together. With an evil look in Krystal's eyes, she pressed a few buttons and pressed the "send" button. Taecyeon grew more curious as he continued to spy on Krystal, Changmin, and Yoona.

 

"Let go, Sulli!"

"I can't!"

"Come on, Sulli! I have to head home!"

"No! Not yet! Krystal is coming!"

"It's been two hours!" Jessica and Jaejoong exclaimed in unison. "Do you expect us to wait longer?"

Sulli pouted as her eyes watered. She unclenched her fingers, allowing Jessica and Jaejoong to move freely. They sighed in relief until Sulli's phone rang. Sulli blinked her eyes, took out her phone from her purse, and stared at the new message that was sent to her.

"It's Krystal!" Sulli exclaimed. In seconds, Sulli's phone was in Jessica's hand. Jessica narrowed her eyes and bit her bottom lips.

"Krystal? She's so dead," Jessica muttered. Jessica opened the message, and read the short text Krystal had sent Sulli. After a while, Jessica's eyes widened and she almost dropped Sulli's phone. "Oh my gosh."

"What? What did Krystal send Sulli?" Jaejoong asked. He snatched away Jessica's phone and stared at the picture message. His mouth shaped into a large "O" and his eyes enlarged. He stumbled over his words, stuttering, "Y-Yoona…C-Changmin…Oh my gosh…This is…!"

"What? Let me see!" Sulli demanded. She took away her phone from Jaejoong and read the short message. She stared down the picture message, and gasped. In the picture was Changmin and Yoona having what seemed like a dinner date. They seemed to be enjoying the romantic evening, smiling and opening their mouths to chat. Sulli was about to comment on the picture, but Jessica and Jaejoong grabbed a taxi and headed to the restaurant the lovely couple were. Sulli blinked her eyes, watched the taxi drive away, and heard her phone ring. She opened it up, and then smiled.

That was easy, right?
- Krystal

 

Krystal smirked as she shoved her phone back into her bag. She turned to Changmin and Yoona and thanked them for their time. They blinked their eyes, clueless of the current situation that they were in.

"Krystal, you planned something, didn't you?" Changmin said, narrowing his eyes. Krystal shrugged her shoulders as Yoona cringed.

"You sent something, right?" Yoona added.

"Let's just say that the spaghettis here are really good, and that you should enjoy this romantic night. Who knows, maybe you guys can share a kiss," Krystal said teasingly. Yoona and Changmin blushed at the same time, causing Krystal to burst into laughter. She quickly bid them goodbye and left the restaurant, humming a joyful tune. She glanced behind her, sensing that someone was following her. Krystal sighed, and shrugged her shoulders.

I hope Taecyeon doesn't get in the way, Krystal thought, crossing her fingers as she got out. 

 

"I can't believe my secretary is dating Yoona! That's completely absurd!" Jaejoong retorted.

"I know, right? I can't believe Changmin is dating my worse enemy! I thought he was on my side!" Jessica agreed. The two kept sharing their thoughts on what they had seen in the picture. "Plus, he took her to a fancy restaurant! I mean, come on! My first date with you was a fast food restaurant!"

"Hey, where else was I supposed to take you?" Jaejoong said, scoffing. Jessica glared at him.

"Somewhere fancy and impressive, like Changmin."

"Oh, so you would rather prefer Changmin than me?"

"Perhaps."

"Perhaps? What does that mean?"

"Relax! It's not like I have feelings for Changmin or anything! Sheesh, you need to control your bad attitude," Jessica muttered coldly. Jaejoong dropped his jaw and widened his eyes.

"You have no feelings for Changmin? Ha! Don't lie! What were you doing with him when you were at Yoona's match-making event? Did you have a match-making session with Changmin, too? That would make sense," Jaejoong said harshly. Jessica's cheeks flushed. 

"You…saw?" Jessica asked quietly.

"Yeah, I saw. You guys were together behind my back!" Jaejoong said, raising his voice. Jessica raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? What are you talking about? I had to bring Changmin because the place where Yoona was going for her match-making event wouldn't allow people who weren't couples. I needed to spy on Yoona and a partner, so I brought Changmin. Now that I think about it, it makes sense why Changmin is dating Yoona behind Taecyeon's back! Changmin's making a move on her! Amazing! How bold of him!" Jessica praised. Now it was Jaejoong's turn to flush his cheeks. His cheeks were bright red, embarrassed that he had misunderstood Jessica. There was no reason to get angry at her in the first place!

"Wait, then why didn't you invite me?" Jaejoong asked, slightly pouted.

"If I invited you, Yoona might've noticed. You could've distracted her. Plus, you were busy," Jessica pointed out. Jaejoong covered half his face with his hand. He was at the peak of embarrassment, he didn't dare to look at Jessica. Jessica frowned and leaned closer to Jaejoong. "Jaejoong, are you okay-"

Before she was able to finish her sentence, Jaejoong covered Jessica's eyes with his other free hand. Blushing, he muttered, "Don't look at me."

The sudden skin contact caused Jessica to blush. The two avoided each other's gaze, cheeks red as chili pepper, as they waited for the taxi to stop at their destination.

 

Yoona poked her meatball with her fork, slightly frowning. Changmin, who was almost done with his food, glanced up at Yoona's untouched meal. He cleared his throat, causing Yoona to snap out of her thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Changmin asked nervously. Just hearing his voice made Yoona blush.

"Y-Yeah. I was just…thinking," Yoona mumbled.

"Thinking about what?" Changmin questioned her. Yoona shifted her weight uncomfortably.

"What if…What if my father doesn't approve you? I mean, compared to Taecyeon, you're probably in the lower status. I mean, if it was Jaejoong, then Jaejoong would win any day," Yoona pointed out. Changmin bit his bottom lip. He wasn't sure what he should say. Was he supposed to comfort Yoona? Was he supposed to admit that she was probably right? 

"I…I'll beg for his approval then," Changmin promised. Yoona looked up, and laughed nervously.

"You're going to beg? Changmin, that's just low-"

"I'll do whatever I can," Changmin stated. "If it's for you, I'll do anything."

"Why?" Yoona asked. Her voice was quiet and barely audible, but Changmin's sharp ears managed to catch that single word. While blushing, he looked away and drank a sip of water.

"Because…I really like you," Changmin whispered.

 

"Oh my gosh, that's so cute."

"It's cheesy."

"Really, I would squeal if a guy like him said that to me!"

"'Beacuse…I really like you.'"

"…Shut up," Jessica muttered, glaring at Jaejoong. Jaejoong grinned at Jessica with a bright smile on his face. The two had indirectly made up, and were sitting down at a table behind Changmin and Yoona. They were hiding their faces behind the menu, and the waiter was getting impatient. "You don't have the same effect Changmin has for girls."

"Hey, you're supposed to squeal instead of glaring at me. And quit with that glare, will you? Oh, and eat something cheap. I don't have a lot of money, and the food here is expensive!" Jaejoong exclaimed. Jessica was about to punch Jaejoong's arm until she heard Yoona cough nervously. Her eyes lit up as Jaejoong's brown orbs rolled to the corner of his eyes.

"You…like me?" Yoona asked quietly.

"Yes, he does. What did you hear when he just confessed his feelings to you, Yoona?" Jaejoong whispered to himself, rolling his eyes. Jessica gave Jaejoong a sharp look and kicked his knee under the table. Jaejoong yelped quietly and bit his bottom lip hard, trying to hold in the pain.

"M-Maybe…I-I…L-Let's just finish eating," Changmin stuttered, trying to change the subject. Yoona's cheeks turned bright red. She quickly scrambled in her purse to find a paper, and found the strip of paper Krystal had given her a long time ago. She realized that she had never read the note because of some personal troubles she had. She slowly opened the paper, and read it carefully. 

Your lover is right in front of you, block-head. It only takes an "I love you."
- Krystal

Yoona looked up, and smiled at Changmin with a shy look. She turned over the strip of paper, scribbled something on it, and slid it towards Changmin. Changmin, who had his mouth stuffed with spagehtti, gave Yoona a surprised look. Yoona gestured him to read the scribbled note. Changmin obeyed, read Yoona's note, flipped the paper, and almost choked on his food. After having the hardest time swallowing his food, his face was completely read and he couldn't dare to look into Yoona's eyes.

"Yoona…" Changmin started.

"What?" Yona asked, blinking innocently. Changmin hesitated, and stared at the scribbled note.

"'Read the back and follow what it tells you to do.' Really? I can't say such a thing," Changmin said, completely embarrassed. 

"Well, Krystal was the one who wrote the note. I'm just telling you to do it," Yoona said. She encouraged Changmin to say those three simple words. Changmin struggled to say such a bold sentence.

"I…I…" He glanced at Yoona, and took a deep breath. "I love you, okay? There, I said it. I'm not going to repeat myself, alright?"

Yoona felt her heart skip a beat. She didn't expect her heart to beat at an uncontrollable rate. She expected herself to feel happy, but she was overjoyed. She smiled, and began to eat her meal. 

 

Jessica and Jaejoong stood up from their table, apologized to the angry waiter for not ordering anything, and left the restaurant. Jessica sighed dreamily, unable to force the smile to fade away from her lips.

"That's so romantic," Jessica whispered. Jaejoong smirked as the two walked on the street. 

"Are you jealous of them?" Jaejoong asked.

"Of course! I mean, they confessed their love to each other! Well, Yoona didn't, but you could feel that fluffy feeling inside your heart," Jessica pointed out, putting her hands over her heart. Jaejoong smiled softly at Jessica as he stopped below the street lamp light. Jessica stopped her tracks, and turned around. "What's wrong?"

Jaejoong gestured Jessica to approach him. "Come here. I want to show you something."

Jessica frowned. "What? Can't you show me here?"

"You want to know something greater than that feeling you have?" Jaejoong asked. Jessica nodded her head, and Jaejoong once again motioned Jessica to come closer to him. Jessica hesitated, and walked closer to Jaejoong. "Closer…closer…closer…stop."

Jessica stopped abruptly, and looked up. The two were so close to each other, they could feel each other's heart beat. Jessica gulped her saliva nervously, as Jaejoong caressed her cheek. Then, slowly, he cupped her chin and leaned towards her lips. The two unconsciously closed their eyes, feeling each other's warm breath only inches away. Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes a bit, then smiled. In seconds, he closed his eyes and met Jessica's soft, sweet lips. The kissed under the streetlight for two minutes, then breathlessly pulled away from each other. Jessica turned red, and Jaejoong felt his heart race. The two glanced at each other, smiled, and held hands as they went to find a taxi.

This is the kind of relationship I want when we get married, Jessica thought. She rested her head on Jaejoong's shoulder and smiled. Her smile was so bright, it could've blinded a driver tonight.