Cuts

Business Engagement

Silence filled the atmosphere. Jaejoong got up from his seat and walked over to Jessica and Changmin. Jessica stared at Yoona in shock, as Yoona frustratedly glared at Changmin for a moment. After realizing the situation Yoona was in, her eyes widened and she gasped.

"Yoona, are you okay?" Changmin asked worriedly. Yoona opened to speak.

"I-I-I…"

Suddenly, Yoona dropped the glass water on the concrete. The glass shattered, and because the two girls were wearing slippers, the pieces of glass cut their legs. Jessica shrieked.

"What are you doing?!" Jessica exclaimed. She took a step backwards, but her foot accidentally stepped on another glass. She screamed in pain and fell on her bottom. Changmin was about to help Jessica, but Jaejoong was faster. He scooped Jessica in his arm bridal style and took her away from the scene. Right before he took off, however, he shot Changmin a cold glare. Changmin stared at his boss with wide eyes and stared at Jessica and Jaejoong, who were going farther away from the scene.

"Ah!" Yoona screamed. Changmin turned around, only to find out that Yoona stepped on a shard of glass by accident. She bit her lip, and began to hop on one foot. Changmin sighed and scooped Yoona up just like how Jaejoong did with Jessica. A blush crept on Yoona's cheek.

"W-What are you doing–"

"Be quiet and stay quiet," Changmin whispered. He turned to the staff, who seemed equally as shock as Yoona was. "Can someone get something to fix these cuts up? She's badly injured."

Everyone began to rush and tried to help the girls out. Some tried to pick of the shards of glass, while others tried to find some ointments and bandages. Yoona kept quiet, still blushing. She wished that Changmin would put her down because she was afraid that she was too heavy. Changmin walked towards the nearest bench and placed Yoona down on the bench. He kneeled in front of her and examined the wound.

"Idiot," Changmin muttered. At first, Yoona felt her world crashing down on her. Slowly, she began to realize that Changmin was just joking around. She exhaled quietly, and felt her eyes water a bit.

"S-Sorry," Yoona whispered. Changmin sighed as a staff member brought over a first aid kit. Changmin thanked the staff and began to clean Yoona's cuts and carefully applied the ointment. Yoona flinched.

"S-Stop," she stuttered. "It hurts…"

"Well, you're going to have to bear the pain." Changmin paused for a moment, before continuing. "When are you going to stop?"

Yoona looked up and stared at Changmin. "Huh?"

Changmin looked up to face Yoona. "When are you going to stop ruining Jessica's and my lives?"

"I-I…"

That wasn't…I didn't mean to pour water on Changmin to ruin the commercial, Yoona thought. She felt tears swelling up into her eyes.

"I know you want to hurt us, but I don't want to hurt you," Changmin said softly.

I didn't mean to.

"Like I said earlier, I'm find if you hurt me, but not Jessica. The commercial is ruined, and now Jessica is injured."

I didn't mean to.

"Your actions affect me and Jessica, but also does to Jaejoong since he's in charge of the commercial–Yoona, are you crying?"

Yoona bit her bottom lip as she let her tears trickle down her cheek. 

I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to. I–

Suddenly, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her shoulder. Her heart suddenly felt warmed and comforted by this hug, and when Yoona sniffed, she inhaled the familiar scent.

Changmin.

"…Don't cry," Changmin whispered. "I guess I'm being a bit harsh. Sorry."

I didn't mean to, Yoona thought, crying a bit harder. I didn't mean to hurt you anymore. 

A part of her didn't want to give up on winning Jaejoong's heart, but for the most part, she knew that she had to give up on Jaejoong. Her heart fluttered when Changmin squeezed her in his arms, and the pain from her cut felt numb. She continued to sob, even though her cheeks were quite red from the hug.

It was official: She was in love with Changmin.

And she knew it.

 

"J-Jaejoong, I'm okay. It's only a cut," Jessica told him. Jaejoong frowned and ignored Jessica. He opened up the first aid kit that he found a few minutes ago and frantically searched for something to stop the bleeding. He bit his lip as he spotted a bandage and a small ointment.

Darn it. If it was Changmin doing this, he could've gotten Jessica fixed up in no time, Jaejoong thought. He slightly gritted his teeth, cursing himself about being less "talented" than Changmin.

"Why must this be so hard?" Jaejoong muttered.

"Did you say something?" Jessica asked. Jaejoong looked up at Jessica, and accidentally locked his eyes with hers. The two kept quiet, their lip barely opened. They kept staring at each other, despite the fact that there was a large commotion around them. The only thing they could hear was the waves crashing against the sand and wind blowing in their ears. Suddenly, Jessica felt her heart pound against her chest. She blushed, and forced herself to look away. Jaejoong snapped out of his gaze and blushed.

"No, I didn't say anything," Jaejoong mumbled. The director suddenly approached the two with a frown on his face.

"Jaejoong, the sunset is already gone and it's best if we go home. I know that the commercial might've not turned out how you expected, but we can kind of edit the commercial to make it look as if they were kissing. How about that? Do you like that idea?" the director asked. Jaejoong blinked his eyes. Suddenly, a goofy grin replaced his shocked expression.

"I'd love that," he said delightfully. Jessica raised an eyebrow as the director ordered the crew to pack up and leave. Jessica frowned at Jaejoong, disappointed that he didn't want a perfect commercial.

"I can get up!" Jessica declared. "I can finish the commercial! I can do the kiss scene!"

Jaejoong glared at Jessica, which made her clamp shut. He grinned, and began to happily fix up Jessica's wounds on her leg. Krystal hurriedly ran towards the two with a worried look.

"Unnie! Are you okay?" Krystal asked in a panic tone. She glared at Jaejoong, and watched him fix up the deep cuts on Jessica's legs. She frowned, and kicked Jaejoong away from her sister. Jaejoong howled in pain as Krystal bent down in front of her sister and properly cleaned up the bloody mess.

"Why'd you kick me?" Jaejoong asked, glaring at Krystal. Krystal glared back at Jaejoong and stuck her tongue out.

"Because you're not helping! Look! You made the cut worse!" Krystal exclaimed. Jaejoong muttered something under his breath before taking a seat next to Jessica. Secretly, he intertwined his fingers with Jessica, who seemed a bit shocked with his action. Jessica blushed even harder before focusing on Krystal, who was busily fixing up her wound.

"To be honest, I'm glad that you didn't kiss Changmin in the commercial," he whispered. His whisper was so quiet, only the bugs or the breeze could hear him. Jessica looked up, knowing that Jaejoong had said something. However, she shrugged her shoulders and watched Krystal apply ointment on her leg.

While Krystal was giving off a cold aurora, deep inside, Krystal wanted to smile like an idiot. She had heard what Jaejoong had said, and wasn't going to tell her sister about it.