Scent

Business Engagement

The next morning, the little girl demanded to stay to watch how the commercial would go. Jessica's face twitched, Jaejoong felt himself feel sick, Changmin's face was as red as a tomato, and Yoona accidentally dropped a plastic cup on the ground. Everyone avoided each other's gaze, as Krystal impatiently waited for an answer.

"Well?" Krystal finally spoke. Jessica kept quiet for a moment, drank a cup of coffee, and then glared at Krystal.

"No, you're not coming with us," Jessica replied. "In fact, you're going to take a plane back to Korea right now."

Krystal glared at her sister. "You can't tell me what to do! If I want to stay, I will stay!"

"You're going to make things turn into a mess, Krystal! You're not old enough!" Jessica exclaimed.

"You guys are already in a mess! I'm here to fix things up! Plus, stop treating me like a baby! I'm not your sweet, four-year old sister, Jessica unnie!" Krystal complained.

"When was the last time you helped clean up a mess?" Jessica asked angrily. Krystal opened to speak, but then clamped it shut. She made a fist, and then glared at her sister.

"I'm going to see the commercial! I was sent here by Umma and Appa to see how things are going! I have to tell them what I've been seeing and hearing from Jaejoong and you! Plus, if I tell them and describe the kiss scene with you and Jaejoong, it helps the parents to relax and take your relationship at your own pace," Krystal explained honestly. Jessica opened to say something, as she absorbed all the explanation Krystal had said. Then, she clamped shut, glared at her sister, and stomped away to make herself a bowl of ramen. Krystal rolled her eyes, as she glanced at Jaejoong.

"Okay, sure, maybe the kiss scene between you and Jessica unnie might be embarrassing to see, but I do have to report," Krystal pointed out. Jaejoong kept quiet and looked like he was really sick. Changmin cautiously walked over to Krystal. He put his hands on her shoulder gently and pressed his lips into a thin line.

"I don't know how I can say this, but I'm going to say this straight-forwardly." Changmin took a deep breath, and bore his gaze through Krystal's gentle, brown eyes. "Jaejoong isn't doing the kiss scene. It's going to be me and your sister."

 

Later that day, Krystal decided to walk along the beach. She was disgusted. She didn't blame Changmin. No, Changmin knew the consequences. She didn't blame Yoona, since she had nothing to do with the commercial. She didn't blame her own sister, either, since Jessica just wanted to help. She blamed Jessica's fiancé, Jaejoong.

She blamed him for the complicated love square entirely. She thought that Jaejoong was covering up his true feelings and letting his own secretary get closer to Jessica. She was disappointed that Jaejoong didn't even try to protest, nor try to think of a plan to be Jessica's kissing mate. 

Why is he such a coward? Krystal wondered frustratedly. I mean, Jessica is his fianceé! How could he just sit back and watch? He knows that he feels guilty, but he just sits there! He just sits there, trying to hide himself in his own shadow! 

Krystal scoffed to herself. She blamed Jaejoong for the complicated love square. 

And there wasn't a thing that would change her mind unless Jaejoong got the courage to kiss her sister.

 

Yoona couldn't think properly. Today. Today was the day where Changmin and Jessica would kiss. Today was the day where Yoona would pull away Jaejoong and have some alone time. Today. Today was her only big chance, and she couldn't dare to mess it up.

But the thought of Changmin kissing Jessica bothered her. She groaned, and buried her face in a random pillow. She inhaled the family scent, and then melted into a smile.

This is Changmin's scent, she thought. It was quite pleasant, compared to Jaejoong's scent. Suddenly, Yoona's expression changed from a restful look to a panicking expression. She gasped, and sat straight up. She threw the pillow away from her, as she felt her cheeks heating up. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh. My. Gosh.

"What's up?" Changmin snuck behind her.

"AH!" Yoona screamed. She turned around, panicked, and stared into Changmin's bright, brown orbs. Yoona's breaths were shorter and quicker, as she stared at Changmin. Changmin raised an eyebrow curiously, and then leaned towards her a bit.

"Are you okay? Did I scare you or something?" Changmin asked. Yoona, who suddenly noticed how close their faces were, backed up.

"I-I-I…" Yoona wiped her sweaty hands against her jeans. "I-I…I got to go!" She quickly grabbed her bag and got off from the couch. "U-Um…I'll see you at the commercial place or wherever…Just text me or something…Er, I should go…Gah!"

Yoona took off, slamming the door behind her. Changmin flinched at the loud sound of the door, and then stared at the door suspiciously.

Something's wrong, Changmin thought. I wonder if she's sick.

Changmin glanced away from the door and suddenly noticed that his pillow was the floor. 

Strange…I never left my stuff on the floor. Oh well! Changmin shrugged his shoulders and picked up his pillow. He gently placed the pillow on the couch and stretched his arms. He glanced at the clock, and felt his heart race.

Two more hours. Only two more hours until that kiss scene, Changmin thought. He heaved a sigh and jumped on the couch. Better get some sleep before I start that kiss scene!