His Hesitation and Doubt

Business Engagement

"A match-making event? Why?"

"Because my dad wants me to! Please, Jessica! I need your help! How can I refuse my dad's offer?" Yoona was on the verge of bending down on her knee. Jessica sighed and examined her nails. She crossed her leg and stared through Yoona's brown, watered eyes.

"Just don't refuse his offer. Besides, your dad's business isn't even going well. You should help out a bit," Jessica replied. Yoona shook her head.

"You don't understand. I'm in love with another man," Yoona explained.

"Yes, I know that you like Jaejoong, but obviously Jaejoong is my match. He's going to marry me," Jessica replied, rolling her eyes.

"No, no! It's not Jaejoong oppa! It's…It's someone else," Yoona responded. She blushed and looked away, while Jessica stared at her. Then, Jessica laughed.

"Good joke! Really, you almost got me. Here, I'll help you prepare for the event. Where are you going to go?" Jessica asked, getting up. Yoona heaved a sigh. It was useless. Jessica clearly didn't get the point that Yoona did not want to meet the stranger. She, too, got up and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not sure. I think we're going to be walking around a bit in a garden," Yoona replied. Jessica widened her eyes and squealed.

"Oh my gosh! Really? A garden? I remember my first match-making event. I was only five and there was this really charming guy who led me around. I know exactly what you need to wear!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Wait, your first match-making event was when you were only five years old? How many times did you go to these kind of events?" Yoona asked her, gasping. Jessica's face went dead. Yoona bit her bottom lips, called Jessica's name for a few times, and waited for Jessica's response. Finally, Jessica faked a smile and looked up at Yoona.

"It doesn't matter. Maybe a few twenty times, but that's about it. What matters is that you are going to your first match-making event at a wonderful garden. Surely this guy should be a gentleman," Jessica replied, grabbed Yoona's wrist. "Let's go!"

Who would've thought that if Yoona went to the match-making event, more complications would rise.

 

The next day, Changmin spat out his drinks. Eyes wide, he stared at Jaejoong who calmly texted Jessica.

"Yoona is what?" Changmin exclaimed.

"My goodness, Changmin! I told you, Yoona is going to a match-making event!" Jaejoong groaned, furious with Changmin's question. He couldn't keep up with Jessica's text every time Changmin made that strange, shocked face. To be honest, it kind of bugged him.

"Wait, but why? I mean, wasn't she perfectly fine? Didn't the product make her company famous?" Changmin asked. Jaejoong heaved a sigh.

"Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough for her father's company. He wants to get fame and money like the common way we business people do – getting their son or daughter to marry someone else from another big company. Now can you stop asking me all this nonsense? I need to concentrate on texting Jessica– Oh come on! I wasn't even finished with the other text, and she sent me two! Ugh, I don't understand how women can text so fast," Jaejoong muttered, glaring at his phone.

Changmin felt the color of his face drain away. His heart began to beat faster as if he was in panic, and he felt as if the news of Yoona going to a match-making event tore his heart into two.

But I love Jessica, right? he told himself. He hesitated and began to question his love towards Jessica. Or am I in love with…Yoona?