Team Work and a Plan

Business Engagement

"That one is too fluffy. This one makes you look like you have no curves. No, don't pick that one. That makes it seem as if you're a grandma getting married. Hm, this one might work, but it's too expensive. That dress is too long. You're going to trip. The other one you're holding on your left is too short. What happens if you fall on the ground and embarrass yourself? No, don't get that one. It's too ugly and flowery. You-"

"That's it, I'm leaving." Jessica groaned and rolled her eyes as she gave up on picking a wedding dress. All the wedding dresses that appealed to Jessica's eyes weren't approved by Jaejoong, who kept looking through each dress one by one. More than half of the dresses already ran out, and unfortunately Jaejoong had passed up all the nice and beautiful dresses that were loved in every woman's eyes. Giving up on Jaejoong, she got up from her seat and walked away to the exit. Jaejoong quickly garbbed her wrist, preventing her to leave.

"Hey! We still need to pick your dress-"

"Jaejoong, the store is going to close in a few hours. I still need to go to the beauty shop and check what kind of hair style I want. Plus, all the dresses are gone! Forget about the dress, I'll just order one online," Jessica interrupted, waving her hand carelessly. 

"But-"

"The wedding is in a few days, Jaejoong. Look at the time we've been wasting! We've came back and forth to several wedding stores and found nothing over the past four days! I have three more days to get ready for the wedding, and I'm not going to waste my time on finding the perfect dress. I don't care about, Jaejoong. It's simply just a wedding dress," Jessica said, cutting Jaejoong off. To be honest, she desperately waned to pick out her perfect dress. She cared a lot for the white outfit she would be wearing, but she was worn out from looking around every shop they've been to. She glanced at Jaejoong, and quickly looked away when Jaejoong began to pout.

"Please? Just for a little bit! I promise it's going to take only a few minutes! I can tell that this place will be the store where you'll find your perfect dress!" Jaejoong pleaded. Using his puppy eyes, he stared deep into Jessica's brown eyes. Jessica felt her knees wobble and she quickly looked away. Her cheek was bright red and her heart would not stop itself from beating faster and faster.

"F-Fine," Jessica stuttered, "but only for a f-few minutes!"

 

"I'm glad you're going through this without complaining. I know it might be hard on you, but you know that it's best for the company. I understand how you're not able to marry the woman you truly love, but I chose the woman closest to Jessica so that you'll love her with all your heart and understand to move on. Think about it! You'll be able to see Jessica on her wedding right next to you! Except, she'll be marrying another man and you'll be marrying another woman. Don't you think it's a beautiful idea? The thought of being there for your lover. You-"

"Enough, father. That's enough. I don't care about Jessica anymore. She's just another woman in my life, like Yoona."

"Don't say that, Taecyeon! We know that you have feelings for her! Why, you're the first person Jessica met for her first match-making event-"

"But she didn't love me," Taecyeon stated blankly. His voice was emotionless and his facial expression showed that he could care less about any woman. His father sat across the table from him, nervously sipping on his ice coffee while trying to convince his son to be happy.

"No, no! It's not like she didn't love you! It's just that she didn't understand. You two were very little when you met. She could only see you as a friend. She-"

"She forgot about me, and now we're even lower than friends. We're strangers. Great job, Dad. I appreciate your concern, but I have another neccessary meetings to attend. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to excuse you and call in the next person," Taecyeon said politely, folding his hands. Mr. Ok cleared his throat as he tugged on his collar a bit. He glanced at the clock, and stared back at his son.

"I still have ten minutes left until my meeting ends with you. I'm not even done with you yet," Mr. Ok said quickly, hoping that he could find a quick excuse to stay longer.

"Sorry Dad, but I think we've had a long period of chit chat. We can see each other during dinner. Maybe you can talk to me then-"

"Ok Taecyeon!" Mr. Ok yelled. His voice roared in the empty room, which startled Taecyeon. Mr. Ok rose from his seat and gave his son the deadliest glare Taecyeon had even seen in his life. "You will talk with me for the last ten minutes we have left. Understand?

"Y-Yes Father!" Taecyeon stuttered. Mr. Ok sat back down and slammed his fist on Taecyeon's desk to show how furious he was.

"Now, where were we? Oh yes, your first love, first friend, and first person you had a match-making session with: Jung Jessica."

 

Jessica sneezed and groaned when they arrived at a new wedding dress store. She rubbed her eyes, which were turning slightly pink. Purple eye bags could be seen below her eyes, and she could not keep herself from yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"Jaejoong, I think people are talking about me," Jessica mumbled. "I just sneezed."

Jaejoong laughed. "You believe in those stuff? That's pretty silly."

"Don't you?"

"…Hey, how about this wedding dress?" Jaejoong asked, grabbing a random dress from the corner. Jessica frowned as she examined the dress. It was pretty, but something seemed missing. The diamond-like glitters sparkled with delight all over the upper half of the body. The glitter ran down in a graceful pattern to where Jessica's knees would be. The white silk ran down to the floor, but short enough for Jessica to see her steps if she ever wore it. There was a white ribbon around the waist of the dress, making the wedding dress stand out more that it would without it. The sleevess wedding dress somehow appealed to both eyes, but they knew that something was missing.

"I like it. It looks nice, but…"

"…Something seems missing," Jaejoong finished. Jessica smiled, and examined the dress even closer. It had everything a wedding dress needed.

So what was missing?

 

Changmin couldn't understand why he was drinking coffee with his friend's little sister when he could be finishing up his work early. He watched Krystal drink her orange juice, talking about nonsense that he could care less about. He thought he had it easy for today: sip the coffee, put it down, pretend to listen, nod for no reason, lift up the coffee, sip it, and repeat the process.

His hopes must've been too high because before he knew it, Krystal was talking about something he desperately wanted to hear about: Taecyeon and Yoona.

"So I tried to visit Taecyeon to cancel the wedding," Krystal began.

Changmin almost spat out his coffee, but managed to swallow it in time before he blurted, "How'd it go?"

"I failed. He wouldn't let me in," Krystal grumbled. "Seriously, he needs a better security system and employees. They hardly recognized my face, and there's so many doors! If a ninja ever gets in by walking in instead of sneaking inside, I wouldn't be surprised."

Changmin heaved a sigh. "I knew it was too good to be true."

"But I managed to find some information behind the wedding!" Krystal mentioned. "It's going to be in a few days-"

"A few days?!" Changmin shouted. "What? Yoona never told me that she would be getting married so soon!"

Krystal raised an eyebrow. "Oh? She didn't?"

"N-No… In fact, she never called me or texted me or kept contact with me since she got locked up in her room," Changmin blurted. Krystal began to think deeply about their current situation. She glanced at Changmin, and slowly nodded her head.

"Alright, Changmin. I have a proposal for you."

"A proposal? I decline."

"What? You didn't even hear what I had to say!"

"Anything related with you will become a chaos in the end," Changmin pointed out. Krystal pouted and finished her orange juice.

"At least hear me out!" Krystal pleaded.

Changmin heaved a sigh. "Fine. Hurry up because I need to get in contact with Yoona soon."

A wide, evil grin appeared on Krystal's lips, which caused Changmin to stiffen. "Let's be a team. You, me and a few other people that I can use."

 

Jaejoong and Jessica shuddered when they finally purchased the wedding dress. Jessica rubbed her hands against her arms, expressing a worried look on her face. Jaejoong shifted his body uncomfortably as they hopped inside Jaejoong's limousine. He commanded the driver to drive to Jessica's house and rolled up the window so the couple could talk comfortably with each other.

"I feel like someone was talking about me," Jessica confessed.

"Really? I felt that, too! Maybe there was just a chill in the air," Jaejoong suggested. Jessica shrugged her shoulders, hoping that he was right. She flipped her phone and found several voicemails in her voicemail box. Frowning, Jessica excused herself and began to take each missed call.

"Jessica? It's me, Yoona. Cancel your wedding with Jaejoong. I beg of you, cancel it! Listen to me and cancel it! Forget about marrying Jaejoong! Marry someone else! No, I take that back. Don't marry anyone. I hope you didn't buy your wedding dress yet."

Jessica frowned. What was Yoona talking about? She decided to take the next call, and believed that this voice belonged to Taecyeon.

"Hey Jessica! Want to meet up? Maybe we can discuss some matters during dinner. Oh, by the way, this is Taec. Hope you can call back!"

Sweet, Jessica thought, smiling. She took the next voicemail, but immediately regretted answering it. 

"Agent couple JJ, Leader K is calling you~! Please answer- Ow, Changmin! Give me back my phone-" The voice changed into a male's voice, who Jessica predicted was Changmin's. "Jessica, Jaejoong. I need to talk to you immediately."

 

Yoona woke up at three in the morning when her phone vibrated in her hands. She stared down at her phone, hoping that it wasn't Taecyeon or Changmin. Tears had made her face dry, which made Yoona express stiff reactions. To her surprise, it was Jessica. Immediately, Yoona picked up her phone and began to sob.

"Jessica… Jessica, forget about my voicemail that I left you. I don't want to marry Taecyeon…" Yoona whispered, whimpering.

"Sh, sh! Calm down, Yoona! Listen, Krystal made a plan for you and Changmin," Jessica replied in a low voice. Yoona stopped crying at the sound of Changmin's name.

"C-Changmin? What plan?" Yoona asked. She was too upset to hear who was the person that created the plan.

"It's going to require a ton of drama, money, and time," Jessica started. "Before I can say anymore, pack up your stuff. You're leaving Korea, Yoona."