The Dinner Date (3/3)

Business Engagement

"Jaejoong, we've been going around McDonalds for the last few minutes. Are we really going anywhere?" Jessica questioned, a hint of worry in her tone. Jaejoong bit his bottom lips as he got out of the McDonald lane. How could he possibly be going around McDonalds in circle? He laughed quietly to himself, embarrassed.

"Er, yeah, we're going somewhere," Jaejoong lied. 

Where am I even going, anyways? Jaejoong wondered. He didn't have a clue. He stared out through the window as he parked the car against the sidewalk.

"Hold up," Jaejoong said. "Let me, uh, kind of remember the route to the place we're going."

Jessica heaved a sigh. "Okay, but you better hurry. It's going to get too dark soon."

"Mhm," Jaejoong replied. He carefully thought about his old dating experiences. Why did this one feel so familiar?

 

"Jaejoong, we've been going around the park for the last few minutes. Are we really going anywhere?" Yoona questioned, a hint of worry in her tone. Jaejoong his bottom lips as he turned left.

"Er, yeah. We're going somewhere," Jaejoong lied. He had no idea what to do after taking Yoona from McDonalds. However, he promised her that she would experience something magical, so he had to do something. Jaejoong parked the car along the sidewalk.

"Hold up," Jaejoong said. "Let me, uh, kind of remember the route to the place we're going."

Yoona heaved a sighj. "Okay, you better hurry. It's going to get late and I'll have to go back home before my parents start worrying."

"Mhm," Jaejoong replied, rubbing his chin. He carefully thought about the places he had been to around this place. What made the park so special to him? The kids, the grass, the trees, the fountain–

"The fountain!" Jaejoong blurted. Yoona stared at Jaejoong strangely.

"What?"

"The fountain! We're going to the fountain at the park. Get out."

 

Yes, of course! Jaejoong thought, slapping his forehead with his hand. The fountain!

"The fountain!" Jaejoong exclaimed. Jessica stared at Jaejoong with wide eyes.

"What did you say?"

"The fountain! We're going to the fountain at the park," Jaejoong replied, repeating exactly what he had said to Yoona.

"But the park is a couple of minutes away. Plus, wouldn't it be too dark to see the water?" Jessica pointed out. Jaejoong grinned, as he started the engine.

"That, Jessica, is where the magic comes in."

 

"We're here," Changmin mumbled, stopping the engine. Yoona still sat down, staring in front of the window. Changmin glanced at Yoona, wondering if she would get out of the car any minute now.

"Changmin-ssi," Yoona said. She looked at Changmin with a sharp glare. "Do not think of me as your friend. You do not have to pretend acting kind to me."

Changmin's eyes widened. "E-Excuse me?"

"I'm well aware that you know why I'm here," Yoona said. Changmin bit his tongue. He knew awfully well why Yoona was here–to flirt with Jaejoong and get his heart back. Yoona continued, "And I swear, I will make Jaejoong mine. You and Jessica are nuisance to me. I'm not surprised if Jaejoong wants to cancel the marriage between him and Jessica."

"Yoona-ssi, what are you talking about–"

"I hate you," Yoona snapped coldly. "I will only like you if you help me win Jaejoong's heart. Then, I will appreciate you and honor you as Jaejoong's secretary."

"Yoona-ssi," Changmin said with a frown. "I will not try to force Jaejoong to love you. Jaejoong needs to decide those feelings himself!"

Yoona kept quiet. Then, she gritted her teeth and smirked bitterly. She opened the door and glared at Changmin with evil in her eyes.

"I swear," Yoona repeated. "That I will make Jaejoong mind, even if he doesn't love me.

"Yoona-ssi, why are you so desperate?" Changmin asked, barely audible. Yoona ignored his question and slammed the door close, heading to her house. As Changmin watched Yoona march up the step, he groaned. 

Now what am I supposed to tell Jaejoong about the "product" we discussed about? Changmin wondered.

 

"Jaejoong, it's cold!" Jessica whined. "Are you sure we're supposed to be out here?"

"Yes, I am sure!" Jaejoong said, rubbing Jessica's skinny arms. "I'm sure this is the place with the fountain–Ow!"

Jaejoong accidentally kicked his foot against something hard. He groaned in pain, rubbing his injured food. Jessica gasped and widened her eyes.

"Omo! Jaejoong, are you okay?"

"Do I look okay?" Jaejoong asked, gritting his teeth. Jessica covered with one hand and looked around to sit somewhere. She spotted by a nearby bench, which was surprisingly close.

"Let's go over there," Jessica said quietly, helping Jaejoong hop to the bench. Once the two reached the brown bench, Jaejoong collapsed and groaned in pain. Jessica immediately took off Jaejoong's shoe and noticed that the tips of his sock was soaked in red blood.

"How hard did you kick your foot?" Jessica asked, frowning. She took off Jaejoong's black sock.

"Not to hard," Jaejoong mumbled, trying his best not the moan in pain. Jessica frown.

"Clearly you kicked your foot pretty hard," Jessica mumbled. She reached into her small bag and took out a tissue. She wiped off the blood with one tissue and used the other tissue to wrap Jaejoong's bleeding foot. Jaejoong stared at Jessica, who seemed like an excellent nurse. It was as if she knew what to do, even though she didn't. Once Jessica looked up to see how Jaejoong was doing, Jaejoong turned around, embarrassed.

Thank goodness that it's so dark! Jaejoong thought, thinking that his cheeks were probably red.

"That should do," Jessica whispered. She went to a nearby trashcan and disposed the tissues. She came back to Jaejoong, who looked angry, and possibly disappointed.

"I messed up," Jaejoong mumbled. Jessica frowned and sat next to Jaejoong.

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked.

"You see, it was first only McDonalds. Then, when I called you back, I wanted to check out the fountain I saw with Yoona. But then this–" Jaejoong pointed at his throbbing feet,"–this happened! I feel so angry, but at the same time, I'm so disappointed with myself. It's like me and Yoona all over again–something goes well at first, but then something else happens and it turns out the worst night or day ever."

Jessica kept quiet, as she listened to Jaejoong's complaints. Her eyes would drift off to somewhere, avoiding Jaejoong's hard stares. After Jaejoong finished, Jessica decided to speak up.

"Jaejoong-ssi, do you think that I am Yoona-ssi?" Jessica asked quietly. 

"No," Jaejoong said, half-lying. "You remind me of the same events I had with Yoona, but it's just not the same."

"Maybe because I'm not Yoona-ssi," Jessica pointed out. "Maybe because I am Jung Jessica, and you have to treat me differently."

"But…I'm still quite an amateur when it comes to love," Jaejoong said shyly, a bit embarrassed. Jessica laughed softly.

"Me too," Jessica answered. She looked up and stared at Jaejoong seriously, "but you know what? If we put our effort and our hearts into this relationship, I'm sure that we'll do much better than how your relationship with Yoona went."

"Still…" Jaejoong muttered.

"At least promise me this that you'll remember this: I am not Yoona. I am Jessica."

"I am not Yoona. I am Jessica?" Jaejoong repeated with a hint of confusion in his voice. Jessica giggled.

"No, I mean, 'Jessica is not Yoona. She is Jessica.'"

"Oh! I see!" Jaejoong exclaimed. "Fine. I'll remember it. You are not Yoona. You are Jessica. There?"

Jessica smiled as she got up. "Yup! Now…take me home?"

As Jessica skipped away with a small smile, Jaejoong watched her. His heart suddenly leaped a beat when Jessica turned around and called his name.

"Jaejoong-ssi!" Jessica called. "Let's go!"

Jaejoong couldn't help but smile as he watched Jessica skip away. That's right, he thought. Jessica isn't Yoona. She's Jung Jessica. And I can't ever forget that.