Just Let Go

Business Engagement

That night, two girls weren't able to sleep well. Yoona, who was on the bed near to the window, silently sighed to herself. She turned to look out the window. It was silent enough for her to hear the nearby shores washing themselves against the rocks. Her eyes twinkled when she saw the ghostly, white moon. An image of Changmin smiling dreamily replaced the moon. Yoona clenched a fist and felt a knot of anger in her .

Why do you have to like Jessica? Why do you have to make me feel this way? This isn't right. You should be put in jail for them or something, Yoona thought coldly. She turned and stared at Jaejoong, who was sleeping peacefully. She noticed how Jessica was turning and twisting her body a lot.

"Jessica," Yoona whispered. "Are you awake?"

"Of course I am," Jessica grunted, sitting up. "How can I sleep with this big panda next to me? I know that I'm going to be married to him, but I don't feel comfortable sleeping next to him."

Yoona quietly chuckled and sat up. "But he looks cute when he sleep. Admit it, you like it."

Jessica blushed and ignored Yoona's comment. She stared at Yoona and frowned.

"Why are you up so late, though? I thought that you'd be sleeping by now," Jessica mumbled. Yoona was just about to mention Changmin when she realized that she was talking to Jessica. Yoona shook her head and hugged her knees.

"Oh, no reason. Just…planning about more evil schemes," Yoona replied quietly.

"Huh, I wonder why I bothered to ask," Jessica muttered.

"The point is, do you like Jaejoong?" Yoona asked. Jessica frowned.

"Since when did that become the point?"

"Just answer it," Yoona mumbled. Jessica paused for a moment and stared at Jaejoong. In her eyes, she saw an innocent, baby angel who just loves to . Though she had to admit that her heart raced every time he . A small smile crept on Jessica's lips.

"Yeah, I guess," Jessica replied. "He's evil and hard-working in the outside, but he's sweet and fun to be around with in the inside. Why?"

Yoona just shook her head. "Nothing."

The two girls kept quiet, still sitting up on their beds. Jessica played with her fingers and Yoona looked outside the window. 

"Do you like Changmin?" Yoona asked quickly.

Jessica turned to stare at Yoona. "What'd you say? I'm sorry, but I didn't hear you."

Yoona parted her lips for a moment, and then clamped it shut. She sighed and shook her head. 

"Never mind. Good night," Yoona muttered. She put her blanket over her head so that Jessica couldn't see her head. Jessica stared at Yoona for a second, confused. Then, she shrugged her shoulders and decided to sleep. 

 

In the middle of the night, Changmin woke up. He was thirsty, and since it was pretty dark, he couldn't find his water bottle.

Aish…Where's my phone? Changmin wondered. He needed his phone for light. Once he gave up trying to find his phone, he waited for his sleepy eyes to adjust in the dark. After a few more minutes, his cloudy visions cleared up. He found his water bottle, which was right in front of him. He groaned and grabbed his water bottle. He stood up, checking how Jaejoong, Jessica, and Yoona was doing. As he gulped down his water bottle, he suddenly hear small sobbing sounds. Changmin frowned.

What in the world… Changmin glanced at the bedroom. Jaejoong and Jessica were sleeping like a baby. Changmin noticed how Jaejoong's hands itched to hug Jessica, and he couldn't help but laugh quietly. He looked at the bed near the window. The lump of blanket was moving, more like shaking.

"Yoona…?" Changmin whispered. The sobbing stopped, but quickly continued when Changmin stepped closer to Yoona.

"Yoona, are you okay?" Changmin asked quietly. He slowly tried to uncover the blanket to see Yoona's face, but Yoona was strong. She tightly gripped onto the blanket, not wanting Changmin to see her ugly face with tears.

"I-I'm fine. J-Just tired," Yoona stuttered.

"…You don't seem fine–"

"I said I was fine! Just be quiet! Let me sleep!" Yoona snapped. Changmin slowly removed his hand from the blanket and stared at the lump. 

What's with Yoona? Is she angry? he wondered. He kneeled down and placed his arms on the bed. He leaned his head against his arm and stared at the top of the lump.

"Yoona, why are you crying?" Changmin asked.

"S-Shut up! Who's crying? Why would I cry?" Yoona hissed. Changmin did not reply. His eyes were closed, as he drowsily replied, "I don't know. You seem upset. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

"I don't want to talk about anything with you! I only talk about my problems with Jaejoong! Jaejoong, Jaejoong, Jaejoong!" Yoona quietly said. Changmin gently opened his eyelids half-way.

"You know Yoona…Sometimes you have to let go of the past. You can't always go back and fix your mistakes," Changmin whispered. Yoona stiffened. She did not say a word after Changmin's small lecture. Instead of more words, Yoona heard a few quiet snores coming from Changmin. She continued to stay in her uncomfortable position, listening to the snores which sounded comforting. 

Letting go of the past? How do you know so much, Changmin? You just say thing you don't mean. Just stop bothering me! I hate you! It's not like you've ever let go of your past! I'm not giving up on Jaejoong! I promised that a long time ago! I can't give up on that promise just because you're in the way!

She sighed, shook her burning thoughts away, and tried to get some sleep.


A/N: So how is everyone today? ^_^ I feel like I'm neglecting JaeSica moments O_O I thought that I'd put JaeSica moments here, but it wouldn't flow…You know what I mean? It's my to-do list to put more JaeSica moments on the next chapter! ^^ keke~ XD