Jealous? Possibly

Business Engagement

"She sounds pretty jealous and embarrassed if you ask me," Changmin said through the phone. He put a blanket over Yoona's shoulder, who was sleeping soundly on the couch in Jaejoong's office. Jaejoong just finished explaining what had happened with him and Jessica earlier during cooking class. He was obviously confused, wondering what was wrong with Jessica.

"What? Jealous? Why would she be jealous?" Jaejoong asked. There was a hint of shock in his voice, but Jaejoong tried to keep a steady and normal tone.

"Well…you wouldn't help her, while other couples around her helped. She might've felt ashamed, and envious of other people around her. Plus, when the teacher came, you seemed to have a great conversation with her, smiling, talking, and maybe flirting. Have you had a conversation with Jessica?" Changmin asked.

"Uh…yeah! I did! I totally did–"

"Besides outside of that cooking class and when Jessica told you to pick a cookie cutter," Changmin interrupted. Jaejoong kept quiet. 

"Does having a conversation when the teacher came count?" Jaejoong asked. Changmin groaned. 

"No, that doesn't count," Changmin sighed. "In short, you just totally messed up with your date."

"But I never flirted with the teacher! I don't flirt with old ladies!"

"Yeah, but you sure like talking to old ladies more than your young girlfriend," Changmin mumbled.

"I heard that," Jaejoong grumbled.

Changmin smirked. "Hey, all you have to do is go to Jessica, apologize, and…Jessica?"

The blonde girl turned around. Her eyes were red and puffy, and so was the tip of her nose. Her face looked tired and upset, as if she had cried for eternity. She wiped her tears, and turned around again, her back facing Changmin.

"Jessica?! She's over there?! But how? I…" Jaejoong stopped talking. "Wait, stay there! Make sure Jessica doesn't go anywhere!"

"You better hurry, Jaejoong," Changmin said. He paused for a moment, and then added a small chuckle. "But seriously, boss, you messed up."

 

"…seriously boss, you messed up," Changmin chuckled. Jaejoong narrowed his eyes, even though Changmin couldn't see him. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm hanging up, but hang on to Jessica for second!" Jaejoong commanded. He hung up and put his phone in his pocket. He gritted his teeth, bitterly looking at the place where his car used to be. Jessica had stolen his car! 

She must've stolen the car keys somehow, Jaejoong thought. He reached over to his back pocket and pulled out his wallet full of cash. Good thing I still have money. I can take the boss from here.

Suddenly, he froze. How do you ride a bus…?

 

"He was being stupid! I wasn't jealous!" Jessica protested, bawling. Changmin sighed and patted Jessica's back. He couldn't believe that he was outside, in front of the building, trying to comfort Jessica and stall time for Jaejoong while he should be inside, working with Yoona.

"Mhm, you can keep saying that, but I really think that you were jealous," Changmin grunted, looking back at the building. If Yoona wake up, she can think that I might've ditched her!

"I wasn't jealous!" Jessica cried.

"Hey, I'm going to get us a drink, okay? What do you want?" Changmin asked, getting up. Jessica crossed her arm, wiped a tear away from her cheek, and looked away.

"Nothing," Jessica grumbled, sniffing. A few minutes later, Jessica said, "Okay, maybe a water bottle. Oh, and if you can, can you get me some snacks? I'm a bit hungry…"

Changmin just smiled weakly. "Fine. Go wash up in the bathroom, okay?" 

Jessica nodded her head, as she got up and dragged her feet towards the entrance of the building. Changmin glanced back at the building, and back at the entrance. Jessica had gone inside, and Yoona (hopefully) was still sleeping.

 

"Coins?!" Jaejoong screeched. "You want me to pay coins?!"

"Well, I only offer coins the bus and…"

"No paper money?"

"Sir, are you going to get in the bus or not?" the bus driver asked annoying. Jaejoong grumbled as he paid the driver and hopped on the bus.

"I suppose that you don't give out change because of your little coins," Jaejoong mumbled, trying to find a seat in the loaded bus. The bus driver blinked his eyes, and then looked back at Jaejoong.

"But I do give out change with coins…"