Lean On Me

Business Engagement

"Jaejoong, can you come over and help me?" Jessica asked. She was trying to put her pink suitcase away into the overhead bin, but she could not reach it. Jaejoong smirked, watching Jessica in interest as she continued to jump and tiptoe. After a few more tries, Jessica gave up and groaned. She turned to Jaejoong and glared at him. "I asked you to help me, and all you do is just stand there?"

Jaejoong chuckled and swiftly grabbed Jessica's suitcase. He quickly placed the suitcase into the overhead bins with ease and smirked. Jessica frowned.

"Oh, so now you decided to help, huh?" Jessica grumbled, flopping into her comfy seat. Jaejoong just grinned as he sat next to Jessica.

" I couldn't help it. You were just too funny," Jaejoong replied, shrugging his shoulders. Jessica sighed and pulled out a magazine from her small backpack.

"Whatever. Now, why are we going to Hawaii? Did you even study your English?" Jessica asked, staring at Jaejoong.

"We're going to Hawaii for business and to have fun," Jaejoong answered calmly, pulling out his pocket-size Korean-to-English translator book. "To answer your second question…I'm still learning, but I learn fast!"

Jessica rolled her eyes until one of the flight attendants approached Jaejoong and Jessica. She was pushing a tray full of sweets and drinks.

"Would you like anything on the tray?" the flight attendant asked, flashing Jaejoong a smile. Jaejoong glanced at Jessica, who was busy reading her magazine.

"Do you want anything?" Jaejoong asked. Jessica just shook her head, as Jaejoong turned back to the attendant.

"No, we're good," he replied. The flight attendant frowned.

"Are you sure you're good to go? Don't you want to snack on something? I'll throw in something free if you buys something–"

"Hey." Changmin, who was sitting in front of Jaejoong and Jessica, turned his body around. He narrowed his eyes at the flight attendant. "If the guy doesn't want anything, you don't give him anything. You don't try to pressure someone into buying anything. You're here to serve. So why don't you come here and get me something?"

Jessica flashed Changmin a bright smile, as the flight attendant scowled. She dragged her feet towards Changmin as he purchased a bag of nuts. Jaejoong sighed in relief once the flight attendant moved on to the next passenger.

"Thanks, Changmin," Jaejoong said. "I'll give you a bonus when we come back, alright?"

Changmin grinned. "You better, boss." He tossed a couple of peanuts in the air and tried to catch all the peanuts he could. One of the peanuts bounced off from his lips and landed on the passenger who was sitting next to him. The lady shrieked.

"Ew, ew, ew!" the lady groaned. "Get this off of me!"

Changmin scratched his head and snatched the peanut right off of the lady's bright, pink skirt. "S-Sorry! I really am sorry!"

"Ugh…I'll get you for this," the lady grumbled. Changmin's ear perked right up. Something about the woman's voice was quite familiar, but he couldn't quite match the voice to anyone he knew. He shrugged his shoulders and turned back to Jaejoong and Jessica.

"Want some peanuts?"

 

Jessica suddenly stifled a yawn. The windows were closed shut, and the night was as dark as black cat. Changmin was snoring away, and the lady next to Changmin couldn't exactly sleep. Jaejoong was carefully reading his translator book, and glanced at Jessica.

"You should sleep," he said quietly. Jessica shook her head.

"No, I'll sleep when you sleep," Jessica whispered. "It'll be lonely for you if I sleep."

Jaejoong smiled softly. "It doesn't matter. This is business. Now get some sleep."

Jessica shook her head, and then suddenly began to yawn again. She wiped her tears (from the yawn) and leaned against the window.

"I shouldn't, I really shouldn't," she mumbled. Jaejoong let out a soft chuckle.

"Go to sleep," he insisted. Jessica gave him a soft smile.

"It's really peaceful when Yoona isn't here," she pointed out. Jaejoong frowned and pouted.

"Yoona's really nice, I swear. She just isn't use to strangers like you," Jaejoong defended. Jessica rolled her eyes and closed her eyes. She shifted her body against the window and gently closed her eyes.

"Mhm, whatever. Then I'll go to sleep. Goodnight, Jaejoong…" Jessica mumbled.

In less than a few second, Jessica was sleeping soundly like a baby. Jaejoong looked up at Jessica and gently smiled at her. Suddenly, his hand brushed against Jessica's soft cheek. He stopped himself when Jessica started shifting her body. He quickly put his hand back to the side and blushed to himself. He eyed on Jessica's elegant sleeping expression.

Lean on me, Jaejoong pleaded. Lean your head against my shoulder, please?

And as if Jessica heard what he said, her head landed on Jaejoong's shoulder. A small smile crept up on his face, but that small smile didn't last long. The smile grew wider and wider as Jaejoong rested his head above Jessica's head a bit. He closed his eyes, and began to dream with a smile.