Crushed

Business Engagement

When Jessica arrived at the room, Jaejoong was munching on some korean snacks he had brought with him. He held the remote tightly in his hand and stared at the television. Though he hardly understood what the show was saying, the images of the cartoon made him laugh.

"Jaejoong," Jessica started. 

"Hm?" Jaejoong asked. His eyes were still glued to the screen.

"You should really study your English and get ready for filming the commercial," Jessica told him.

"Later, later. I'll do it later," Jaejoong mumbled. Jessica heaved a sigh and crossed her arms.

"Well you better hurry. Changmin might put me in the commercial with him. You're fine with that, right?" Jessica asked. Jaejoong froze and looked up at Jessica with wide eyes.

"Mwoh?! Then what about the model?"

"She couldn't come. All of the models at Yoona's company aren't available, so I offered to help Changmin by taking over the model's role," Jessica explained.

"Woah, woah, woah. Back up." Jaejoong turned off the television and sat up his bed. "You know that there's a kiss scene, right?"

Jessica nodded her head. "Yep, I know."

"Like, a lip-to-lip kiss scene, right?" Jaejoong asked again, hoping that Jessica would change her mind. Jessica nodded her head and sat next to Jaejoong.

"Yep, I know," she repeated. Jaejoong his lips slowly and then glanced a Jessica.

"And you know that Changmin is a secretary and I'm your…" Jaejoong gulped and nervously stared at Jessica. "Well…like your boyfriend?"

Jessica slightly frowned. She didn't expect the word "boyfriend." She thought that Jaejoong would say something about being his true love or at least his wife. She would've been okay with "boyfriend" if he hadn't said "like your boyfriend."

"Yes, I understand," Jessica muttered. Jaejoong gave a curious look at Jessica.

"Doesn't that…well, change your mind?" Jaejoong asked hopefully, fiddling with his fingers. Jessica sighed and gazed away from Jaejoong.

"I don't know. I guess a bit," she lied. Jaejoong gave Jessica a small smile.

"How about if you think about it more?" Jaejoong asked. "You know, give some time with it."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Sure, whatever you say." She got up from the bed and yawned. "I'm tired. I'm going to sleep, okay?"

"Then I should go to sleep, too," Jaejoong replied, getting off of the bed. Jessica just nodded her head, until Jaejoong said, "I don't want to sleep late and wake you up in the middle of the night."

Jessica froze and turned around with wide eyes. "What? What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. If I crawl on our bed, you're going to wake up," Jaejoong said, rolling his eyes. "Don't tell me that you forgot about sleeping with me."

Jessica softly bit her bottom lips and glanced diagonally away from Jaejoong. "Is it okay if I forgot about it?"

Jaejoong dropped his jaws wide open. "Jessica!" he whined.

"What? I'm sorry that I forgot! There were just…too many things in my head!" Jessica defended.

"Like what?" Jaejoong questioned, crossing his arms.

"Like…playing the roll with Changmin, and keeping Yoona away from you, and–"

"And? There's more? Is this trip causing problems for you, Jessica?" Jaejoong asked, pouting.

"No! It's fine! It's just…Never mind, I'm just tired. I'm going into the bathroom first." She paused for a moment after gathering her clothes. She glared at Jaejoong as she walked to the bathroom. "And don't you dare try to open the door! You're just as sneaky as Krystal is!"

Jaejoong blushed and looked away. 

"I-I wouldn't do such a thing! I'm not a ert!" he exclaimed, embarrassed.

 

"So I heard that the model wouldn't be coming."

Changmin, who was at the beach where the commercial would take place, jumped and turned around. He groaned silently to himself and turned his body back to watch the sunset. Just when he was enjoying the clear, blue ocean and the red-orange sun, Yoona had to show up.

"Yep. The model won't be coming," Changmin said, sighing. A blush crept on his cheeks as he thought about his little chat with Jessica. "But Jessica might take over."

"I know, and you know what Jaejoong is going to do to you? He's going to fire you," Yoona pointed out, smirking. "He's going to hate you for kissing 'his' girl. Of course, we all know that I'm his girl."

"Shut up Yoona. It's for business. Jaejoong doesn't care about anything when it comes to business," Changmin muttered. As he continued to think about the small chat he had with Jessica, his blush would not fade away. It was still there, clear on his cheek. Yoona, who had noticed this, glanced at Changmin and gave him a curious look.

"Why are you blushing?" she asked.

"M-Me? Blushing? H-Ha…I don't know what you're talking about," he muttered.

"Come on. It's right there, clear as the sky," Yoona said, pointing at his cheek. Changmin pushed away Yoona's finger and sighed uneasily.

I can't tell her, Changmin thought. If I tell her about my feelings, she's going to laugh and tell Jaejoong. Gah…

"You can tell me," Yoona said quietly. "I won't tell."

Changmin stared at Yoona. "No way, you said that you'd get me back."

"Maybe another time, but you can tell me what's on your mind. I promise I won't tell," Yoona mumbled.

"I don't trust you," he muttered harshly. Yoona bit her bottom lips.

Ooh. Touchy, she thought. She took a deep breath, and then stared at Changmin with innocence in her eyes. Changmin cringed in reply.

"Come on, tell me!" Yoona pleaded. Changmin stared at her for a second, throwing her a confused expression. Why was she so desperate to know what was on Changmin's mind? Yoona, too, wondered why she deeply wanted to know why Changmin was blushing. Something about Changmin's blush told her that he was thinking of someone. Actually, thinking about a girl to be more specific. 

And she didn't like it.

"If I tell you will you please leave me alone?" Changmin asked, grunting. Yoona's expression brightened up.

"Of course!" she lied. Changmin, being gullible and dense, sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair and stared at the sky. He was quiet, and Yoona was being impatient. Changmin his lips, as Yoona gave him an annoyed look.

Is he going to tell me or not? she wondered. Changmin inhaled deeply, and then exhaled. He hung his head low, as his face reddened.

"…I think I like Jessica," Changmin whispered.

Yoona stared at Changmin in shock. Her heart began to beat in pain. Her breaths were shorter and uneven than usual. This was something she did not expect. However, her heart told her that she knew that this was coming. Yoona bit her lips and then stared down at her shoes. Her expression became dark, and her eyes were clouded with jealousy.

"You can't like," Yoona suddenly said quietly. "You can't like Jessica."

Changmin looked up and stared at Yoona in shock. "Huh?"

Yoona quickly looked up and turned her head towards Changmin. Her heart raced as she let out an awkward laugh.

"Did I say that you can't like Jessica? Of course you can't like Jessica! You have to love Jessica in order for me to be with Jaejoong!" Yoona replied, laughing weakly. 

"Why are you clenching your fist?" Changmin asked, ignoring what Yoona had just said. Yoona stared down at her hands. She quickly stretched out her fingers before Changmin could get anymore suspicious.

"Oh, I'm just doing some hand exercises. You know, folding and unfolding your fingers," Yoona said, forcing a smile. Changmin looked into her deep, brown orbs for a second, and then looked away. Usually he'd blush when looking into Yoona's eyes.

But not this time.

He stared at the sunset and then sighed dreamily. "If I am in love, the number one thing I want to do is kiss the person I love during a sunset."

At that moment, Yoona felt like she wanted to break down and cry. She kept a strong and still face, but deep inside, she wanted to scream at Changmin.

I hate you, Yoona muttered in her head, but I don't know why now.