One-sided Love

Business Engagement

Jaejoong woke up when he felt the heat of the sun against the window. He groaned quietly – quiet enough for the people around him not to hear. He glanced at Jessica, whose head was still on his shoulder. He couldn't help but smile.

I wish I can wake her up, Jaejoong thought. He sighed, until he felt Jessica's head moving. He stiffened, and glanced at her sleeping face. There was a slight frown on her face as if she was creeped out or something.

"Jaejoong oppa…" Jessica mumbled. Right when those words came out, Jaejoong's heart raced wildly. He swore that if Jessica woke up, she could hear the loud sounds his heart was making. His heart immediately dropped to his stomach when Jessica completed her sentence. "…Jaejoong oppa is a babo."

A cheeky grin appeared on her face, as Jaejoong glared at Jessica. "Ya, I'm not a babo compared to you, idiot."

He was thankful that Jessica was sleeping. Otherwise, she would've punched him on the arm or something. He glanced at his watch. Only a few more hours until the airplane would land.

We're coming back, Korea.

 

"When I get home, I'm going to sleep! You hear that, people? Sleep!" Krystal cried aloud. She yawned, and then stretched her legs. When she stretched out her legs, she accidentally kicked Jessica's  chair. Jessica gasped, and glared at Krystal.

"Stop kicking my chair!"

"I didn't! If I did, it was an accident."

"Nothing you do ever turns out an accident," Jessica said, sticking out her tongue. Krystal glared at Jessica, as Jaejoong grinned.

"You two calm down! We're almost at Yoona's house," Jaejoong said. Jessica sighed, and Yoona smiled.

"You could've dropped Krystal and Jessica off first," Yoona said. She glanced at Changmin who gave Yoona a small smile.

"Your house is closer, so I thought that we should've dropped you off, first. Next would be Jaejoong, then Jessica and Krystal, and then my driver can drop me off at my house," Changmin explained. Yoona gave Changmin a weak smile. She didn't like the thought of Jessica being last to be dropped off. That meant that Jessica could spend more time when Changmin than Yoona could. But the thought of Krystal being there with Jessica and Changmin relieved her heart a bit.

"I know, but…"

Suddenly, the car started to bump up and down. The passengers in the car almost collided their head on the roof of the car, until Changmin's personal driver stopped the car after parking near the street. Changmin frowned, and then lowered the window as his driver came out of the car.

"What's happening?" Changmin asked.

"Apparently, we have a flat tire. I'll get it fixed right now. It might take a while, though."

"Oh, okay. But try your best to fix it up, alright?" Changmin said. His driver nodded and quickly went to the back of the car to fix the flat tire. When Changmin rolled the window back up, there was a quiet atmosphere lingering in the air. No one knew what to say. Finally, Krystal stretched her arms, and sighed.

"Well, I'm going outside to stretch out my legs. I see a nearby gasoline shop over there, so I might go and get something to eat. Anyone want to come with me?" Krystal asked. No one responded or replied to Krystal's invitation. Krystal frowned, as Jessica sighed.

"I guess I can go out for some fresh air," Jessica murmured. 

Changmin was just about to go with Jessica, before Jaejoong said aloud, "I'll join you. You two can stay in here. Make sure you tell us when the river is done fixing up the tire."

Changmin closed his lips, and then nodded his head. Yoona nodded her head along with Changmin, as she watched Jessica and Jaejoong get out of the small, black car. Once the two got out, they walked to the front of the car and began to have a small chat. Changmin sighed, and stared at Jessica through the window.

"You really like her, don't you?" Yoona suddenly asked. Changmin wasn't surprised. He shrugged his shoulders, and then stared at the window next to him.

"It doesn't matter. I'm always in a one-sided love," Changmin mumbled.

"That's not true," Yoona said. "It's me who's always in a one-sided love."

Changmin laughed bitterly, but then stopped immediately when he caught Yoona giving him an innocent, sad look. His crooked grin faded into a shocked expression. Shockingly, Yoona s her hands on the seat until she found Changmin's hand. She squeezed his hand a bit, making him feel a bit embarrassed.

"Don't give up," Yoona whispered with a sad smile. "Even though she's with Jaejoong, you might have a chance after all."

Changmin smiled a bit, making Yoona's heart race. She kept her cool, and squeezed Changmin's had once more. This time, he blushed, and he turned his attention away from Yoona. Yoona let out a silent sigh, and then stared at Changmin for a long time, hoping that he'd turn his head around.

He never turned around to face her again. Yoona bit her bottom lip, and made a fist with her free hand.

What the heck am I saying? Give up on Jessica already, Changmin.