Yoona's Back

Business Engagement

 

Jaejoong whistled a tune as he tapped his foot on the ground. He stared at the big, green vending machine, begging for money. Just like he had told his wife and secretary, he went to get a drink, but which drink should he get? He knew that Changmin would prefer a bottle of water, but what would Jessica like? Coffee? Juice? Water? 

“Aish, I should’ve asked,” Jaejoong grumbled. He put some coins in the slot and pressed on a button. After a few seconds, a cold water bottle was waiting for him below. He bent down to pick up the drink and grabbed it. He got back up and stared at the vending machine.

What would Jessica like? Jaejoong wondered. She is the kind that wants to be neat and organized. Should I get her water like Changmin? But what if she thinks that water is too plain and thinks that I’m just an average husband? I wouldn’t like to be thought like that…Wait, why am I even worrying over how Jessica would think over me? I should just get her a bottle of water and myself coffee.

Jaejoong was just about to enter some coins into the vending machine, but hesitated. “Aish! What am I supposed to get?”

“Mind if I help?” a sweet voice offered.

“Thank you!” Jaejoong said aloud. “What can I get for a girl to drink–”

Jaejoong dropped his mouth. He dropped the bottle of water in his band and stared at the radiant figure now in front of him. The doe-like eyed girl giggled and smiled brightly at Jaejoong.

“Miss me?”

 

“Where on earth did Jaejoong go?” Jessica grumbled. She wanted to head back to Jaejoong’s office, but she knew that Changmin was still there, probably rubbing his toe. She felt bad, but she didn’t step on his toe that hard, did she? 

Jessica sighed as she skimmed around the office. “Maybe he left to get something. Or maybe he…”

Somewhere near her, she heard someone laughing. No, she heard two people laughing like a couple. She glanced to the side and heaved a sigh. Just when she thought that it was Jaejoong and someone else, it was two workers she had never even seen. She puffed her cheeks with air and tapped her shoe on the ground.

Just where on is that dumb guy–

Another laugh, but this time, a girl and a guy. She sharply looked at the direction the laugh came from. She dropped wide open. There was Jaejoong, holding a bottle of water and a can of coffee. Next to him was a girl with long, brown hair. Jessica frowned as she watched her fiancée flirt with another girl. Jessica jealousy crumbled her fingers into a fist and glared at her fiancée.

“I knew you were a stupid player,” Jessica muttered. She turned around, aimlessly walking wherever in the halls. “Jerk!”

 

“…So I slipped in my document into the pile I thought you would be signing in. Fortunately, I did put the document into the right pile. I’m sorry if I just, you know, slipped it in your stack of important papers and all,” Yoona apologized, biting her lower lips innocently. Jaejoong felt his heart leap a beat. He flashed Yoona a bright and happy grin.

“It’s not a problem at all!As long as I got to see you, it’s fine,” Jaejoong assured. Deep inside, he knew that it was a huge problem. He knew that he would have to squeeze his schedule and would have less time to get to know Jessica. 

Jessica…

Jaejoong’s eyes immediately widened. “Shoot, I totally forgot about Jessica!”

Yoona frowned. “Who?”

Jaejoong ignored Yoona and ran right past Yoona. Yoona began to blink her eyes. For a moment, she knew that she was having a great conversation with Jaejoong. Then, out of the blue,  her ex-boyfriend had shouted a name and took off without saying goodbye.

“Jessica, was it?” Yoona mumbled. She narrowed her eyes and tapped on her chin. She heaved a sigh and pouted. “Am I just too late?”

 

When Jaejoong entered his office, he found Changmin snoring on the couch. He realized that Jessica wasn’t with Changmin anymore. He looked around, trying to see if his fiancé was anywhere in the room. Possibly she could be hiding from him, right? No, that didn’t seem too realistic. Jaejoong nudged Changmin to wake up.

“What?” Changmin groaned.

“Hey, Changmin,” Jaejoong whispered. “Did you see Jessica?”

“Jessica…Jessica…Who’s Jessica again?” Changmin mumbled. Jaejoong heaved a sigh.

“My fiancé, stupid,” Jaejoong muttered. Changmin’s eyes immediately widened as he sat straight up.

“Jessica!” Changmin shouted, pointing at the door. “She stepped on my foot really hard and went out to find you! I’m going to kill her…”

“Thanks Changmin,” Jaejoong thanked, ignoring Changmin’s last sentence. He ran out the door once again, leaving Changmin clueless and dumbfounded.

Why is Jaejoong so urgent to find Jessica? Huh…I’m a bit thirsty now. I thought Jaejoong would’ve gave me a water bottle before he would leave, Changmin thought, getting him. He yelped as he sat back on the couch. Oh yeah, I was on the couch because I couldn’t move with this feet. Aish…I’m so going to kill Jessica when I get to see her again!

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door. Changmin groaned, expecting it to be either Jaejoong or Jessica coming back.

“Come in!” Changmin called with a slight of bitterness in his voice. The door slowly opened, revealing a innocent, young lady. Changmin’s eyes almost popped out as he stared at the doe-eyed girl.

“Is Jaejoong here?”