Hung Up

Business Engagement

The next morning, Jessica's alarm clock rang extra early. Jessica groaned and turned, reaching for her alarm clock. She turned it off, as she continued to snooze off.

Why was my alarm even on? Jessica wondered. I only put my alarm clock on whenever I have to do something really important in the morning. It'll probably come to me or something.

She slept for a few more minutes with a smile on her face. Suddenly, she sat up, widening her eyes. She covered and whipped her head to see what time it was.

"Omo! I almost forgot that Jaejoong is coming!" Jessica shrieked. She quickly got up, stumbled a bit, and ran into the bathroom. It was only 4:00 a.m., but Jessica had the urge to get ready before Jaejoong got here.

Why am I in such a hurry? Jessica wondered. She realized that she was already done brushing her teeth and washing her face in less than two minutes. Usually, it would take her five minutes, but not today. Stepping into the shower, she twisted the knobs.

 

It was 5:00 a.m. Usually Jaejoong would wake up, groaning and grumbling about work. However, today was different. Today, he was going to tease Jessica to death. A smirk played on his face as he rose from his bed slowly. His eyes showed mischief, as he rubbed his hands together.

Prepare to suffer Jaejoong's lovely wrath! Jaejoong thought, snickering.

 

Jessica shuddered. Why did she feel like someone was talking about her? Maybe she was just cold from the shower? 

No, I'm sure that someone's talking about me. I'm positive, Jessica thought, frowning. She got out of her room and glanced at the room next door. That was Krystal's room, who was snoring as loud as a lion's roar. Jessica smiled slyly and glanced at her drenched, long hair.

I can stop by and play a prank on Krystal, Jessica thought. It's not like Jaejoong's going to come at this hour. I mean, it's way to early. He can't possibly be an early bird!

 

5:30 a.m. Jaejoong was already driving to Jessica's mansion. He took a few turns at McDonalds by accident, but with his handy GPS, he found his way back on track. Jaejoong glanced at his phone, which had just lit up. It was Changmin, wondering where Jaejoong was at this hour. He quickly gave Changmin a call.

"Yoboseyo?" Changmin answered.

"Changmin, it's me, your boss," Jaejoong said.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" Changmin yelled. "I TOLD YOU TO BE HERE EARLY! WE NEED TO DISCUSS ABOUT OUR PRODUCT!"

"Chill, chill," Jaejoong mumbled. "It's not like we're too late or nothing."

"Too late?! I've worked my off for this product, sir."

"With Yoona," Jaejoong added. "If it's with Yoona, I'm sure that nothing can go wrong with the product."

"What do you mean?" Changmin asked.

"Yoona might have a small company, but she's really good at modeling for beauty cream. As long as Yoona is comfortable and satisfied with whatever you two planned out, it should be fine," Jaejoong explained. He took a slow turn.

"You're being biased, aren't you?" Changmin sighed. Jaejoong flashed a grin, even though Changmin wasn't here to see him.

"What? I'm never biased!" Jaejoong exclaimed.

"Whatever. Anyways, where are you? At home?" Changmin questioned.

"Uh…going to my wife's house," Jaejoong replied.

"Is it right for you to call Jessica your wife? You guys aren't even married yet," Changmin pointed out.

"Just shut up and work," Jaejoong muttered.

"Jaejoong, I have no work. You're not here to boss me around or help you! Your schedule is all cleared today because we were supposed to discuss about the product," Changmin informed.

Oh!…So that's why my schedule was all cleared! Jaejoong thought, slapping his forehead. He bit his lips, an looked up. He was already at Jessica's mansion, so he couldn't turn back. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.

"Why don't you and Yoona meet once more to revise the product information?" Jaejoong suggested.

"WHAT." Changmin wasn't even questioning Jaejoong. He found it utterly unbelievable that Jaejoong was pushing him towards the annoying girl who had called him a "toy." He even had seconds thoughts of whether Jaejoong loved Jessica and not yoona.

"What? You guys had dinner together, you guys have talked to each other, and you guys have known each other for a couple of days."

"B-B-But–"

"Don't worry, I can contact her number and all. She'll be in the office in a few minutes," Jaejoong assured. Before Changmin could say another word, Jaejoong hung up and began to dial Yoona's phone number. He entered the gates of Jessica's mansion and walked towards the steep steps of the mansion. Yoona finally picked up her phone once Jaejoong rung the bell.

"Oppa! Why'd you call me at this hour?" Yoona asked sweetly. Jaejoong's lips melted into a smile.

"J-Just wanted to ask you a favor," Jaejoong replied. "Can you meet Changmin at my office?"

"Why? Did you complain to you or something?"

"No. It's just about the new cream product."

 

"Oh! I finally found the name for that product–YoonJae BB Cream!" Yoona squealed. She couldn't wait for Jaejoong's reaction. She hugged a pillow and with her bottom lips, waiting for Jaejoong's answer. There was a moment of silence through the connection.

"Oh." Was all Jaejoong said. He sounded dumbfounded, as if the name surprised him, but left him feeling stupid and embarrassed. Yoona frowned.

"What's wrong? Do you not like the name? I named it after us," Yoona said, pretending to sob.

"I-I…It's nice. It's just that…" Jaejoong trailed off, not knowing what to say. To Yoona, he clearly did not like the name. Plus, Jaejoong would always agree with Yoona, but not this time. This time, he sounded unsure. 

"Just what? Boring? Plain? Bland? Wrong? What?" Yoona asked, listing plenty of words for Jaejoong to say.

"N-No, it's fine. I…The product…I don't know, something doesn't seem right with that name," Jaejoong muttered.

"What doesn't sound right? I need to know!" Yoona said, raising her voice. She was about to burst until she heard another female's voice through the phone.

"Oh! Jaejoong! Hold up, Jessica's being tied up to a chair, so you'll have to wait," a voice said. Yoona recognized that voice a bit.

"W-Who is that? Jaejoong oppa?" Yoona asked.

"Oh, that's just Krystal, Jessica's little sister. Hold up," Jaejoong replied. "Why's Jessica being tied to a chair?"

"Mm…Does the wet clothes and hair explain it?" Krystal asked in the background.

"You got drenched?"

"BY HER AND A BUCKET!" Krystal yelled. "Geez, it's so obvious! I don't know why my sister's being married to someone so dense as you!"

"Ha! I got out!" Jessica cheered. Her voice was clearly heard, even though it was in the background. Krystal groaned.

"You see? You made me talk to you so long, she found out how to get out! Now I have to chase her down! Sheesh, and I thought you were a helpful guy."

"Oppa? Jaejoong oppa, are you there?" Yoona asked worriedly. She felt invisible once more, and she especially did not like this feeling.

"O-oh," Jaejoong stuttered. "Uh…sorry. Just meet Changmin at the office. I have to go."

"But–"

"Bye Yoona!" Jaejoong hung up. Yoona dropped .

Did he just…I can't even…What the heck just happened? Yoona wondered. It was the first time Jaejoong had ever hung up first on Yoona.