A Table For Four

Business Engagement

Changmin stopped working when his phone suddenly rang on the table. He was about to reach it until Jaejoong cut him off with a glare. Changmin bit his lips, and continued to his work dilligently. Soon, the phone stopped ringing. When Changmin was about to make a mental note to check who called, the phone started to ring again. Changmin glanced at Jaejoong, who had his focus on the piles of paper in front of him. As Changmin slowly tried to reach for his phone, Jaejoong stopped him with another glare.

"Hey! More working, less texting," Jaejoong scolded.

"B-But…" Changmin couldn't find a better excuse, so he continued to work. After a few more minutes, Changmin's phone rang again. Changmin was about to grab his phone when Jaejoong snatched it away. Jaejoong looked at the caller, and handed it back at Changmin.

"Oh. It's only Yoona," Jaejoong said, tossing the phone back to Changmin. Changmin felt his heart race as he stumbled to catch his phone. 

"Hello?" Changmin answered. He heard a quiet sob at the end of the phone. "Hello? Yoona? Are you okay?"

"Changmin…" Yoona sobbed. "What am I going to do?"

Changmin quickly stood up. "Um, um…Is there a way for you to make it into Jaejoong's office right now? I'm in the middle of work, and I don't think Jaejoong is in the mood of giving me a break."

"Correct," Jaejoong said, clapping his hands. "Especially what happened yesterday, I'm not in the mood of letting you on a break."

"Then…Then please prepare some tea and tissues," Yoona whispered. Changmin nodded his head as the two hung up. Jaejoong folded his hands and dropped his pen to the side.

"What was that all about?" Jaejoong asked. Changmin shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. Hey Boss, do you know where I can get some tea and a tissue box?"

 

"Damn it, Krystal! Look what you did! You broke the stupid microwave! Seriously! How on earth did you break a microwave?" Jessica shouted. Krystal just whistled calmly as Sulli stood beside her friend, scared of Jessica's cold and furious look.

"Well, it's not my fault that you didn't stop me from cooking breakfast," Krystal replied calmly.

"We skipped breakfast and lunch! Do you expect us to skip dinner, too?" Jessica asked.

"Chill! Just order some pizza and we're done," Krystal responded, trying to calm Jessica down. Jessica was about to say something until a maid ran into the kitchen. The maid looked horrified at the messy kitchen, and cautiously handed the phone to Jessica.

"Miss Jung, the phone," the maid said. Jessica nodded her head and grabbed the phone as the maid scurried off to find something that would clean the horrible mess.

"Hello?" Jessica answered.

"Jessica!" a familiar voice exclaimed. It took a while for Jessica to recognize who this voice belonged to.

"Taecyeon-ssi? What are you…Wait, why are you calling?" Jessica asked. She took a seat on a random chair and Krystal leaned forward to hear the conversation. Sulli just stood besides her friend, also wondering why Taecyeon was calling Jessica.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me," Taecyeon said softly.

"Dinner? Are you sure?" Jessica asked, frowning.

"Positive. A dinner date between you and me," Taecyeon replied. Jessica could sense the confidence in his voice. She smiled fondly and leaned back on her chair a bit. Suddenly, she frowned.

"A dinner date? Only you and me?" Jessica asked.

"Yes. That's what I said," Taecyeon answered.

"B-But wait! What about Yoona?"

"Yoona? Oh! Yes, well… Actually, didn't she call you before?"

"Excuse me?"

"Yoona told me that she would be setting up a dinner date between us," Taecyeon said, shocked. "Did she not call?"

Jessica dropped her jaws. Yoona did what? "Um, Taecyeon-ssi, I kind of have a husband I'm going to marry soon. Er, aren't you going to marry Yoona later, too? You should really get to know Yoona–" Jessica stopped herself when Krystal narrowed her eyes at her.

"Jessica? Are you there?" Taecyeon asked. Jessica nodded her head, and shot Krystal a glare back.

"Y-Yes, I am," Jessica said. She tried to look away, but Krystal would always try to be in her face, giving her a look to say "no."

"So? Dinner date?" Taecyeon asked. Jessica was about to refuse Taecyeon until Krystal snatched away the phone.

"Hey Taecyeon oppa!" Krystal snapped. "Make it a table for four, alright? If it's a two, then you'll be having dinner with me, not my sister."

With that, Krystal hung up. Jessica widened her eyes as Sulli dropped her jaws. As Krystal cooly left the room, Jessica and Sulli followed right behind her heels.

"What the heck, Krystal? You're expecting me to date another guy when I'm currently going to be engaged soon?" Jessica exclaimed. Krystal stopped her tracks and turned to her sister.

"What? What are you talking about?" Krystal asked innocently. "I just saved myself and Sulli from starving during dinner."

Krystal went up the stairs as Sulli quickly scurried over to her friend. Jessica groaned and walked away back into the kitchen, wondering how she got into a deep mess. When Sulli and Krystal arrived at Krystal's room, Sulli couldn't help but speak up.

"Um, Krystal?"

"Yeah?" Krystal responded, not looking up from the book she was holding.

"You realize that by Taecyeon courting your sister out to dinner, there's a huge chance that they can get a lot closer, right?" Sulli asked carefully. Krystal turned to her friend and smirked.

"Sulli, do you really think that's my objective? For Taecyeon to get closer to my sister? That's just nonsense! I have to get closer to Taecyeon. After all, I need to know what his objective is," Krystal explained, grinning mischievously.