Try Me

Business Engagement

Jaejoong's eyes were bright red. He had a dark, purple line under his eyes, and all he wanted to do was sleep. He yawned every few minutes, but he couldn't fall asleep. He would gently close his eyes, and rest his head against the palm of his hand. However, with Yoona's constant sobbing and Changmin's pleading for Yoona to stop, the office was just too noisy to be sleeping in.

"Changmin, I feel so guilty about knowing Taecyeon! He's going to ruin everything!" Yoona whimpered. Changmin tried his best to calm Yoona down by whiping her tears with his thumb.

"You have to calm down, Yoona! You asked for tea, but you haven't even touched it!" Changmin pointed out. Yoona held back her sobs and let her lips quiver. Changmin smiled softly, and right when Yoona caught his smile, she felt her heart thump. Once she caught herself staring at Changmin again, she looked away and blushed. She sniffed and wiped away her tears with the tissue Changmin handed her.

"Hey, if you mind, can I go to sleep?" Jaejoong asked tiredly. Changmin glanced at Jaejoong and bit his lips. He just realized that he had left Jaejoong  with his pile of work, which had completely worn his boss out.

"Oops! Sorry, Boss! I didn't think that…" However, before Changmin was able to apologize, Jaejoong's head and warms were already on the table. His eyes were closed, and he was letting out soft snores. Changmin chuckled a bit as Yoona smiled.

"He sleeps exactly like how he did before," Yoona whispered. Then, her smile immediately faded. "I remember that he was so tired, there wasn't even a time for him to call me or see me. He couldn't even give me a quick, 'goodnight' or 'hey' because of his work. His mother pressured him so much." Yoona paused, and then broke into a soft grin. "No wonder why his mother wants him to marry Jessica."

Changmin stared at Jaejoong. He glanced at Yoona, and then back at Jaejoong. He smiled a bit and sipped the cup of cold tea he had prepared minutes ago.

"I'm giving up on Jessica," Changmin stated boldly. Yoona froze and widened her eyes. She turned to Changmin, wondering if she heard him right.

"You…You're not going to chase after Jessica anymore?" Yoona asked. Changmin turned around, and at that moment, the two eyes locked together.

"Yep, I'm giving up," Changmin whispered. He knew that his face was red and that Yoona could probably hear his heart beating. "I found someone else to chase."

Yoona shaped into a small 'o.' "Well…I'm also going to ask my dad to cancel the engagement between me and Taecyeon." She paused, and then blushed. "I found someone else I want to marry."

Ba-thump. For a second, the two seemed to be in their own world. At the same time, both thought that they understood each other; they believed that they knew who they were talking about. 

They thought that they were talking about each other.

Suddenly, Jaejoong's phone rang. Jaejoong quickly sat up, wide awake. Changmin and Yoona broke away from their eye contact. They both felt their cheeks heat up and couldn't help but wish that their heart would beat quieter. Jaejoong scrambled to find his phone, and when he did he stared at the contacts. He quickly picked up his phone and pressed it against his ear.

"Hello? Who is this?" Jaejoong asked. Changmin and Yoona stared at him as Jaejoong listened carefully to the mysterious caller. Jaejoong's eyes slowly widened, as he quickly stood up from his seat.

"What's going on?" Changmin mouthed. Jaejoong ignored him and rushed to grab his coat.

"Yes, yes! I'm on my way!" Jaejoong answered. He hung up, and stared at Changmin. "Changmin, you're in charge. I have to go meet Jessica's parents at a restaurant."

 

That night, Krystal was nagging her sister about how her dress wasn't attractive and how the dress was too long. Jessica argued back, saying how the dress was fine and that they were going to be late because of Krystal's nagging personality. Sulli stared at the Jung sisters, amazed that they were arguing about such subjects. Sulli glanced at the clock, and slightly widened her eyes.

"Hey Krystal! We got to go in, like, ten minutes!" Sulli warned her. Krystal groaned and quickly pushed Jessica in Jessica's room.

"Wear something more fitting! It's a dinner date, for goodness sake!" Krystal exclaimed in English. Jessica scowled and wanted to argue back until she saw the look on Sulli's face. Jessica sighed and glared at her younger sister.

"If Sulli wasn't here, you would be dead," Jessica muttered. Jessica quickly locked her room to find something else to wear. Krystal let out a sigh and glanced at the clock.

"Krystal, what are we going to do?" Sulli asked. "What if Taecyeon is already there, waiting and ready to start a conversation?"

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Sulli, I thought you would trust me! Believe me, I know exactly what I'm going to do. You did invite him to the dinner date, right?"

Sulli nodded. "That's what you told me to do."

"Perfect! Now we just wait until Jessica dresses up again, and off we go!"

 

Taecyeon cleared his throat, and his lips nervously. He fixed his tie again, staring out at the window, which reflected his reflection. He smiled confidently and glanced around. He had asked for the restaurant to close down and be reserved just for him and Jessica. He smiled fondly to himself and glanced around. He checked his watch, and bit his lips. Jessica was fifteen minutes late, and he was beginning to feel that Jessica wasn't going to come.

Right then, the doors burst wide open. Taecyeon's eyes lit up and he quickly turned around to meet the fellow lady. His jaws dropped as he stared at the girl he least wanted to see.

Krystal's eyes never left Taecyeon as she approached him. When she was only a few feet away from him, she glanced around the building and found a table right in the middle of the room for only two seats. Krystal clicked her tongue.

"Huh. I told you to prepare a seat for four, but I guess you went against my command," Krystal said, walking up to the table. Taecyeon frowned and narrowed his eyes.

"Why are you here? Where's Jessica?" Taecyeon asked. Krystal glanced at Taecyeon and smirked widely.

"Let's just say that…she has someone more important to visit," Krystal replied smoothly. Taecyeon glared at Krystal and took his seat.

"You know about something you shouldn't know," Taecyeon said.

There was a glint of evil in Krystal's eyes. "It's true. I shouldn't know a few stuff, but I just have an awesome sixth sense in my blood."

"Look Krystal," Taecyeon started. "This dinner meeting isn't about fun and games. It's important. It's about your sister and me. Now, call your sister to come or else."

Krystal crossed her arms, leaned back on her chair, and gave Taecyeon and icy glare. She leaned a it closer, and slightly gritted her teeth in anger.

"Try me."