An Idiot

Business Engagement

"She's my wife. Let me take care of her," Jaejoong said. Jessica, who still had her eyes closed and was nervous about being in Changmin's arms, barely opened her eyes.

Is he jealous? Jessica wondered, seeing a blurry image of Jaejoong. Or is he just acting like us?

Silence filled the atmosphere. Changmin knew that Jaejoong was jealous. It was his first time seeing Jaejoong in this state–angry, furious, and staring at him with envy. Changmin was about to hand Jessica to Jaejoong, but decided to mess with his boss for fun.

"It's okay, Jaejoong," Changmin said, hesitating. He forced to keep a straight face, trying to hide his smile. "You need to discuss the product with Yoona."

"But–"

"Yes, let's discuss about the product, Jaejoong oppa," Yoona agreed. She felt invisible a moment ago before she spoke, and she hated feeling invisible. Jumping in front of Jaejoong's eyes, she tried to grab his attention. Instead, Jaejoong gently pushed Yoona away from his view and glared at Changmin.

"Changmin, just hand her over to me. It's best if I take over," Jaejoong said seriously.

"Are we in the car yet?" Jessica mumbled. Changmin glanced at Jessica, and then at Jaejoong.

"I don't know, Jaejoong," Changmin said. "Let me just take care of her. It's not like I'm going to drive her away from you."

Jaejoong stiffened at Changmin's last sentence. "No, it's fine Changmin. You're my secretary. You should take over this business for a moment and fill me in later."

Changmin paused for a few minutes until he caught Jessica opening her eyes a bit. She secretly nodded her head, her head going up and down in centimeters. Changmin looked at Jaejoong and shoved Jessica in his arm.

"Fine. She's yours," Changmin said, smirking. Yoona caught Changmin's smirk, but Jaejoong obviously didn't. Gently, he scooped Jessica in his arms from Changmin's. He was immensely surprised by how light Jessica was.

She might be lighter than Yoona, Jaejoong thought. Possibly lighter than a feather.

"Eh hem," Changmin coughed nervously. Jaejoong looked up and found Changmin staring at Jaejoong awkwardly. "You, uh, better get in the car now. You've been staring at her quite a while now."

Yoona pouted. "Jaejoong oppa, are you really going to leave me?"

"Ignore her," Changmin quickly said. "Or if you want me to take Jessica away…" Jaejoong was out the door before Changmin was able to finish his sentence. Changmin blinked, as he numbly continued, "…to the car."

The room was quiet. No one spoke a word, until Yoona crossed her arms and scowled. She glared at Changmin, and slumped on the couch.

"Great, I'm alone with you," Yoona muttered. It took a while for Changmin to comprehend that in his mind. At first, his eyes showed confusion, as if he was wondering what was so bad about him. Slowly, his eyes enlarged, as if he just thought of a nightmare he had as a child.

I'm alone with Yoona. I'm alone with Yoona. I'm alone with Yoona, Changmin thought. He glanced at Yoona, staring at her flawless feature. A blush shyly rose up on his cheeks, as he forced himself to look away. His heart was pounding even faster and faster, while he wiped his sweaty palms against his pants. I really have to thank you for this, Sica.

 

Being carried in Jaejoong's arms was like a dream for Jessica. At that moment, she felt like she was connected with Jaejoong. She could feel how worried he was for her, and she could sense that he wanted to protect her. Only her. A small smile formed on her face. It was truly like a dream. 

Of course, not all dreams last forever.

Once Jaejoong caught sight of Jessica's smile, he knew that something was fishy. When he unlocked his car and opened it, he gently placed Jessica at the backseat. He frowned and poked her stomach.

"Ya, I know you're faking," Jaejoong said sharply.

Jessica frowned. Darn it! Did he see me smiling?

"Jessica…Sica…" Jaejoong continued to poke Jessica's stomach, which began to hurt her. "Sica–"

"WILL YOU CUT IT OUT ALREADY?!" Jessica yelled, sitting up. She accidentally banged her head against the ceiling of the car. She groaned in pain and fell backwards. "Ow!"

Jaejoong covered his mouth with one hand, worried over Jessica's injury. However, he couldn't help but smile  at Jessica's clumsiness. Jessica shot a cold glare at him.

"Aish…this is all your fault!" Jessica complained. Jaejoong's eyes widened.

"What? How is this my fault? You're the one who knocked your head against the car!" Jaejoong pointed out.

"If you didn't poke me, then none of this would've happened!" 

"Well if you didn't play 'sick,' then maybe you wouldn't be poked by me."

"Well how else am I supposed to make you jealous?" Jessica blurted. Jaejoong stared at her curiously as Jessica covered . Her eyes widened, shocked at what she had blurted out. She cringed, as Jaejoong made a face.

"Make me jealous?" he repeated. Jessica kept quiet, her hands still covering . Slowly, Jaejoong reached to uncover Jessica's mouth. Jessica backed away, as if Jaejoong's hand was some kind of monster. "Why would you want to make me jealous?"

Jessica shrugged. I said too much, she thought, whimpering in her head. 

Jaejoong's fingers brushed against her hand. She flinched. He frowned.

"Will you stay still? It's not like I'm going to hurt you," Jaejoong said. Jessica shook her head, as Jaejoong crawled into the car. "I just want an answer from you."

"I won't speak," Jessica declared, speaking through her hands.

Jaejoong chuckled. "You just did."

Jessica glared at him. "I meant that I won't let you try to get information out of me about why I tried to make you jealous!"

"So I wasn't hearing things," Jaejoong whispered. Jessica closed her eyes softly and looked away after realizing what she had said. 

I'm an idiot. An idiot. A babo, Jessica thought. Why can't I keep my mouth shut?

"…On a scale of zero to ten–zero being that you hate me and ten being that you fell over heels for me–how much to do you love me?" Jaejoong asked softly.

"ZERO," Jessica blurted. On the other side of the door, she opened and climbed out of the car before Jaejoong could grab her waist. She slammed the door closed and scurried off like a mouse, as Jaejoong tried to call her name. However, instead of trying to stop her and call her name, a smile played on his lips.

She's so cute when she's like that.