Meet Her Match

Business Engagement

"Why am I here again?"

"To help me. You said that you would help me!"

"Sure, I said that I would help you, but why help you spy on Yoona?" Jessica grunted. Changmin frowned and crossed his arms. He was wearing a formal black tuxedo, and he had to be honest, Jessica looked beautiful in her pink spring dress. However, he was a bit disappointed with Jessica's "cooperation."

"Well, I can't get in this place without a partner. Plus, the partner had to be a girl," Changmin informed her.

Jessiaca scrunched her nose. "Ugh! What are you so worried about Yoona? It's just a match-making event."

"Aren't you curious who the guy is, though?" Changmin asked.

"No."

"What? How can you not be curious?"

"Because I have Jaejoong," Jessica bluntly replied. Changmin's face darkened a bit as he clenched his fist. He heaved a heavy sigh and nodded his head.

"Sure, whatever. Just go along with the act, please?" Changmin pleaded, clasping his hands. Jessica hesitated, but eventually nodded her head.

"Fine, but you have to promise that you won't tell Jaejoong about this! If he knows that I came here with you…Oh my gosh, he's going to have the wrong idea," Jessica mumbled. Changmin let out a soft chuckle and intertwined his fingers with Jessica's.

"Sure, I won't tell. Though I will tell if you don't play along–"

"Okay, okay! I understand! Look, there's Yoona walking over to someone."

 

Yoona nervously her lips. She was so nervous, she felt her hands getting sweaty and her legs feeling weak. Her heart was racing, worried that this man wouldn't be as good looking as she wanted him to be. She took a deep breath, and glanced down at the piece of paper she had in her hand. Her father had given her the piece of paper to describe what the fellow man would be wearing.

I don't understand why Daddy couldn't give me a photo of the stranger, Yoona thought coldly. She looked around to spot a man with a blue formal jacket. Her eyes stopped when she spotted a man sitting down at a bench with a blue jacket.

That must be him, Yoona thought. She took another deep breath, counted to three, and walked over to the man. She tried to look over the man's shoulder, hoping to steal a glance at his face. It was no use because he had a newspaper over his face.

A few seconds later, Yoona found herself standing in front of the man. Realizing that she didn't say anything but stare, she cleared .

"U-Um…A-Are you O-Ok Taecyeon?" Yoona stuttered. She cursed herself for stuttering, but all the man did was let out a laugh. He put the newspaper down and took off his black shades.

"Yes, yes I am. You must be Im Yoona, right?" Taecyeon asked. He stuck his hand out for Yoona to shake, but Yoona stood still, stunned. Her heart was beating so fast, she wasn't sure if Taecyeon could hear her. The way he smiled made her heart flutter, and his laugh made her want to smile. Quickly shaking her head, she smiled back at Taecyeon and shook his head.

"Y-Yes…I am I-Im Yoona," Yoona replied shyly. Maybe this event wouldn't be as bad as she thought.

 

"W-Woah. Wait. Is she blushing?" Changmin asked, widening his eyes. Jessica just stared. The man was awfully familiar, but she wasn't sure where she met him.

"Maybe she's blushing," Jessica mumbled. She took a quick sip of her tea through her straw. "Or maybe she embarrassed herself. The guy's laughing."

"Wait, wait! Do you…She's getting along with the stranger too well!" Changmin protested. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"You obviously have no experience in match-making events. You have to get along with the stranger," Jessica said, frowning at Changmin. "Honestly, I thought you were smart and did your research before you came here."

Changmin glared at Jessica. "Why would I do my research on this stupid place?"

Jessica gasped. "This isn't a stupid place! It's a wonderful garden where many people attend for various of occasions!"

"Yeah, well–Hold up! Look! Are the holding hands?" Changmin asked, pointing at Yoona and Taecyeon's hand. Jessica sighed and put her hand over her face.

"Why did I bother to help you spy on those guys?" Jessica mumbled, rubbing her temples.

 

"Mom, I think Jessica is mad at me."

"And why on earth would you say that, Jaejoong-ah?" Jaejoong mother slightly gasped and gently placed her glass of water on the coffee table. Jaejoong shrugged his shoulder, ran his fingers through his hair, and stared at his phone.

"I don't know. Just yesterday she was texting me the whole night, and now she's not replying to any of my text. Do you think it's because I couldn't keep up with her or something?" Jaejoong asked. Jaejoong mother gave Jaejoong a small smile.

"I doubt it. You text very well."

"Yeah, but my secretary was kind of rushing things, and I couldn't keep up with Jessica's text. Do you think I should see her?" Jaejoong questioned his mother. His mother pressed her lips into a thin line, and slowly nodded her head.

"Sure. Why don't you go to her house and check if she's there? I'm sure she won't mind," his mother replied calmly.