Krystal Knows

Business Engagement

"Hey Krystal, should we go back? We've been walking for hours, and I'm tired," Changmin complained. Krystal clicked her tongue and kicked Changmin's ankle. Changmin gasped in pain and quickly began to hop on one foot, as Jaejoong sympathetically bit his bottom lips and stared.

"We've only been walking for five minutes, and we're almost there! Plus, we just left the hotel! Oh, and stop being a baby!" Krystal scolded. For a young girl, Krystal was quite fierce and mature. Jaejoong chuckled a bit, as Changmin shot his own boss a glare.

"What's so funny? Oh, the part where you have to raise my salary to pay for my injured ankle?" Changmin replied sarcastically. This time Jaejoong shot Changmin a glare.

"Pft. In your dreams! Your salary is enough, Changmin," Jaejoong mumbled.

Krystal laughed until she caught sight of a hut. Under that hut was a simple and small bar. The day was getting dark, and there would be a small festival on the beach.

Perfect, Krystal thought when she spotted an empty, nearby table. She ran up to it and quickly sat on that table before anyone else could steal it. She gestured Changmin and Jaejoong to sit in front of her. The two boys exchanged worried glances, as if Krystal would bite them. Krystal sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Will you guys hurry up so that I can eat? I'm starving!" she complained. Changmin's brown eyes gazed at Jaejoong, as if he was telling him something. Jaejoong, who seemed to receive the secret message, groaned.

"I'm not paying for whatever she's eating. She's going to have to pay for herself," Jaejoong declared. Changmin heaved a sigh and dropped his shoulders as he dragged his feet towards where Krystal was. The two boys sat across from Krystal and nervously examined the area. The beach was getting crowded, and the palm trees were decorated with lanterns and small light bulbs. The tables were all set up, and a few couple took a seat and began to chat. At the small bar hut, two girls were hanging out at the corner, drinking some punch.

"I want food, Jaejoong oppa," Krystal said, cutely pouting. "Can you pay for it? I'm broke."

Jaejoong tensed up as Changmin bit his tongue to keep himself from laughing. He waited for Jaejoong's response as Jaejoong stood frozen. Krystal used her puppy eyes by enlarging her brown orbs and watering them a bit. Jaejoong hesitated, and then gave in after heaving a sigh.

"Fine, I'll pay. But what do you want?" Jaejoong asked, grunting. Krystal gave Jaejoong a grin like the cat in Alice in Wonderland.

"Oh, I just want a small drink. Mm…Maybe a lemonade?" Krystal said. Jaejoong nodded his head as he struggled to pronounce "lemonade" on the way to the hut. Changmin kept quiet, wishing that he had a bottle of water in front of him.

After a few seconds, Jaejoong came back with two lemonade and one glass of water. He gave the lemonade to Krystal and a glass of water to Changmin.

"I tried saying that I wanted one lemonade, but he gave me two. Oh, and the guy just gave me a glass of water because he thought that I said water first," Jaejoong explained. Changmin ignored him and quickly sipped his glass of water. Krystal smiled and stirred her lemonade with the straw in her glass.

"Okay, now let's get to the real business," Krystal announced. 

"What real business? We have no business with you," Changmin pointed out. Krystal's sweet and darling face quickly darkened. Her dark, sharp eyes gazed at Changmin and Jaejoong.

"I just want to ask you a simple question: What do you think of my older sister, Jessica unnie?" Krystal questioned. Changmin choked on his drink as Jaejoong's cheeks flushed bright red.

This was one subject the boys didn't think the little girl would bring up.

 

"Ooh! I hate doing this!" Jessica whined. Yoona and Jessica, who were the two girls hanging out at the corner of the hut, sipped on their drink. Yoona rolled her eyes and put her drink on the counter.

"Puh-lease. I know you want to get revenge on your sister as much as I do," Yoona said. Jessica scowled, as she quickly sipped on her drink. Then, Yoona gave Jessica a big, cheesy grin. "But you got to admit, coming here was worth it. I mean, I got to hear Jaejoong speak his fail English! Eek! It was so cute!" 

"I thought it was funny. Now I know that I can't take my future husband anywhere in America," Jessica muttered. Yoona rolled her eyes, still disliking the fact that Jaejoong was Jessica's future husband. However, a part of her heart felt that she didn't care about it anymore.

"Whatever. What do you think they're talking about? I'm so curious," Yoona whispered. Jessica shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know, but by the look on Krystal's face, it seems to be a serious topic. Hey, when are we going to start taking action? I'm bored," Jessica complained. Yoona smirked.

"Right now. It seems like Krystal is getting up. You got the rope, right?" Yoona asked. Jessica nodded her head.

"But what if we attract attention?" Jessica asked nervously.

"Pft. You're her sister! Plus, it'll be quick," Yoona winked. Jessica gulped, as she felt a shiver go through her spine. Krystal was approaching the restroom with a straight and stern face. From the looks of it, it seemed like Krystal was disappointed or angry. Jessica stared at Krystal with sympathy.

"Look Yoona, I really don't want to do this–"

"HIIIIYAAA!!!" Yoona screamed. She pounced on Krystal, who almost screamed. When Krystal realized that it was Yoona, her frown turned red in anger. The two girls wrestled, as Yoona called, "Jessica! Hurry up! The rope, the rope!"

Jessica panicked. Like she had thought, she did attract attention. Well, only two attention. Jaejoong and Changmin immediately stood up, realizing Krystal's scream.

"What the heck…kidnappers?" Changmin exclaimed. Jaejoong took off before Changmin could say anymore. He knew that if Jessica found out that her sister was kidnapped, he would be in so much trouble. 

"Krystal! We're coming to save you!" Jaejoong yelled. 

"GET OFF OF ME, YOU STUPID OLD GRANDMA!" Krystal screamed. Yoona dropped her jaws in disbelief.

"WHAT?! GRANDMA?! OH NO YOU DIDN'T! JESSICA! THE ROPE! QUICKLY!" Yoona yelled. Jessica quickly threw the rope at Yoona, who unfortunately couldn't catch it. "Urgh! Jessica!"

When the two boys arrived, they suddenly recognized Jessica under her disguise. Jaejoong stared at the girl who was wrestling with Krystal, while Changmin immediately knew who the familiar, doe-eyed girl was: Yoona. 

"Yoona?! Jessica?! What are you guys doing?" Changmin exclaimed. Jessica's face reddened in guilt as Yoona got up from Krystal. She blew her messy bangs away as Krystal dusted herself and got up.

"Pft. Because of you, I almost peed in my pants," Krystal muttered to Yoona.

"Because of you, I couldn't get Krystal tied up and stuck in the hotel," Yoona scoffed, staring at Jessica. Jessica dropped , as Jaejoong approached her.

"Sica…Are you alright?" Jaejoong asked. Jessica stared at Jaejoong, and heaved a sigh. She heaved a sigh and nodded her head.

"Yep, I'm fine. Yoona, should we go home?" Jessica asked softly. Yoona mumbled something under her breath, and then nodded her head. Krystal skipped next to Jessica and smiled.

"I'm coming with you! Let's go, boys," Krystal ordered. The two boys dropped their jaws, feeling as if they became Krystal's pets. Changmin heaved a sigh and approached Yoona.

"You're hair is a mess! Let me fix it for you," Changmin offered. He could not stand messiness, and loved to be neat and organized. Yoona pushed away Changmin's hands.

"I can do it myself," she muttered. Changmin chuckled and smiled at her.

"Alright, if you say so," he said. He walked towards Jessica, who looked tired and drowsy. "You okay, Jessica? Do you want a ride or something?" 

"Nah, I'm fine. I don't want to be a burden," Jessica replied tiredly. She dragged her feet with Changmin walking right next to her. Jaejoong and Yoona stared at the two, dumbfounded. The lights on the tree gave a more beautiful and elegant aurora, making Jessica and Changmin look as if they were a lovely couple.

Krystal, who was behind all those four, glanced at each person. She watched Jessica's tired and dense expression, and Changmin's bright eyes full of love. Then she glanced at Jaejoong's and Yoona's expression, which were solid just like rock. Her eyes rolled down to where their fingers were. Krystal slightly gasped, and then stared at their ball of fist.

Jaejoong and Yoona were jealous, and Changmin's eyes were always bright whenever he was near Jessica. Krystal knew exactly what was going on between the four's love square.


A/N: I am super duper sorry for the very slow update! T_T I have projects to do (group projects -o- yikes) and I'm sure lots of us know how projects takes a longg time. :P Anyways, I want to advertise my fanfic (keke~). Please check it out f you have the time :3 I'm not asking for you subscribe, but at least just check it out. ^_^

That Cold Wall Called Fate ~