A Tall Man

Business Engagement

"This is too cute!"

"What's so cute about this? It makes me sick."

"Changmin, don't be so rude! I should've picked better shoes for Yoona, though. I didn't think they would break. Jaejoong oppa personally bought those shoes for me. I don't look good in them, so I thought Yoona would like it because Jaejoong oppa bought it," Jessica mumbled. Changmin raised an eyebrow as he gave Jessica a strange look.

"You called Jaejoong 'oppa' twice," Changmin pointed out. Jessica blushed hard as she looked away.

"Shut up and focus on the two. Look, Taecyeon is starting to give her a piggy-back ride," Jessica said, secretly pointing at Yoona and the guy. Changmin's eyes widened as he stared at Yoona's shy look. His heart ached in pain as he bit his lips.

"That's not right," he mumbled. "That's so not right."

 

"I-I'm very sorry for this. I didn't think that this situation would come up," Yoona apologized quietly. Her cheeks were bright red from embarrassment as Taecyeon gave her a fond smile. Her heart leaped a beat, and she prayed and hoped that Taecyeon didn't hear her heart beat.

"It's fine. This happened before with tons of my other matches," he explained. "Actually, this happened once and it was for my first match."

"Who was your first match?" Yoona asked. Taecyeon's face grew dark and cold, and Yoona knew that she had crossed the line. "Y-You don't have to answer if you don't."

Suddenly, Taecyeon's face brightened up again. "No, I'm sorry. It's just that…I really regret letting go of my first match. None of my other matches were as good as her. Actually, most couldn't be compared to her. However, I think…I think you might have a better chance."

Yoona buried her face under her hair as Taecyeon stopped at the center of the garden. There was a beautiful fountain sprouting out drops of clear, thin water. Taecyeon gently dropped Yoona down back on the ground and led her to the fountain. She smiled and sat down at the rim of the fountain and stared at her broken shoe.

"I'm very sorry about this," Yoona apologized as Taecyeon examined her shoe and foot.

"No, it's fine," Taecyeon replied honestly. "Your foot looks swollen, though. You should rest for a while. Do you want me to get you something? Water? Food?"

"Water is fine," Yoona replied. She gave Taecyeon a weak smile and gripped her fingers tightly into a ball. "I…I'm very sorry."

 

"You saw that, right?" Changmin asked, pointing his finger at Taecyeon and Yoona. Jessica narrowed her eyes as she tried her best to pull Changmin back down behind the bush.

"Just be quiet and stay still! Don't let your cover be blown away!" Jessica hissed. "They're perfectly fine! See? Taecyeon is getting up to get help!"

"No, no! Not that! You saw his dark face! It looked like as if he was annoyed!" Changmin shouted, but loud enough for only Jessica to hear.

"Just sit still! It might've been a misunderstanding! Gosh, are you always this hyped up? This is Yoona we're talking about! I thought you didn't care about her so much!" Jessica groaned. Changmin stopped as his skin went pale. Jessica was right. He wasn't supposed to care about Yoona so much.

But why did he want to pop before Yoona and take her away from the match-making event?

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath and knocked on the door. In less than a second, a maid appeared before him. Jaejoong gave her a soft smile and asked where Jessica was.

"Miss Jung is not here," the maid said calmly. "She was off with another man not too long ago."

Jaejoong's smile faded and was replaced with a stoned expression. "Excuse me?"

"The man was quite tall, and he had light brown hair. He had a very urgent and panicking face, and desperately needed to see Miss Jung. When Miss Jung saw him, she quickly got dressed and took off with the handsome male. He seemed to be very close to Miss Jung, too," the maid explained, using her hand to describe the stranger. Jaejoong blinked his eyes and froze. Another man? He slowly tilted his head and gave the maid his best smile.

"If you may, may you please show me the tapes of your security cameras?"