Business Comes First

Business Engagement

As scheduled, the five (including Krystal) stopped whatever they were doing and came to the commercial shoot to film. Jaejoong was talking with the director, Yoona was snacking on some food at the snack table, and Changmin and Jessica sat on a chair side by side. Jessica exhaled nervously, as Changmin fumbled with his thumbs. 

Do something, Changmin! Say something so that Jessica can feel more comfortable, he told himself. Just when he was about to open his mouth, Krystal popped out of nowhere.

"HEY GUYS! How are you all doing?" Krystal greeted enthusiastically. Changmin jumped, as if he almost got a heart attack. Jessica remained numb and cold. Krystal frowned and pinched Jessica's arm. Jessica screamed in pain and kicked Krystal's knee.

"YA! Just because I was spacing out doesn't mean that you get to pinch me!" Jessica grunted. Krystal mumbled something as she rubbed her injured knees. Changmin broke into a grin as he got up to get something to drink.

"I'll be right back. I'm just going to get a glass of water," Changmin told Jessica. Jessica nodded her head and heaved a sigh. As Changmin approached the snack table, Yoona began to eat slower and more ladylike. She drank a glass of water and quickly put it down so that she could swallow all the sweets. After all, she didn't want to eat like a pig. Changmin smiled at Yoona.

"Hey Yoona. How are you?" Changmin asked. Yoona blushed and looked away. 

"I-I'm fine," she stuttered quietly. Changmin chuckled and grabbed the glass of water Yoona had drank from. She was just about to tell Changmin that it was her glass until Changmin mentioned up a topic.

"So what's your evil plan to ruin our show this time?" Changmin asked, filling up the water. Yoona frowned. She was rather disappointed with the topic Changmin chose. She sighed and tossed the last bit of cookie in .

"Oh, I don't know. I haven't planned it yet," Yoona replied honestly. Changmin rolled his eyes as he was just about to put his lips against the glass. Yoona's face began to redden at the sight of seeing Changmin drinking the glass he drank from. Right before Changmin was about to put his lips on the glass, he glanced at Yoona. Then, he smirked at her, making her speechless.

"You're quite red. Are you burning up or something?" Changmin asked. Yoona quickly shook her head and pressed her lips into a thin line. Changmin shrugged his shoulders as drank the water. Yoona stared at Changmin, dumbfounded. He was drinking the glass of water where she had drank.

And the funny part was, his lips touched the exact same place where Yoona had put hers.

 

After talking to the director, Jaejoong decided to hang out with Jessica for a few minutes. When he turned around to see Jessica, he found her pale and shaking. Jaejoong hesitated, wondering if he should comfort Jessica or just pretend that he was busy. He suddenly felt a small push behind his back. He turned around and found Krystal pushing him as hard as she could. He frowned.

"What are you doing?" Jaejoong asked.

"I'm…pushing you…to my sister!…Duh!…What does it look like…I'm doing…?" Krystal panted. No matter how hard she pushed, Jaejoong wouldn't budge. Krystal exhaled deeply and glared at Jaejoong. "Man, you're heavy! How much do you weight?"

"More than a little girl," Jaejoong replied, rolling his eyes. He stared at Jessica, who seemed to be spaced out. "What's wrong with your sister? She looks…scared."

"Ha! And I thought you knew better," Krystal muttered. Jaejoong frowned.

What's she talking about? Jaejoong wondered. Krystal groaned and kicked Jaejoong's ankle. Jaejoong howled in pain as he began to hop on one foot.

"What was that for?!" Jaejoong screamed.

"What do you not understand about me telling you to go to your sister indirectly?! Gah! I bet Changmin would've been easier to deal with!" Krystal complained. Jaejoong's face reddened in anger.

"What?! Excuse me, but if you haven't noticed yet, I'm Changmin's boss, and I get to boss him around!" 

"Then boss him!"

"But he's my only secretary!"

"Just boss him until you get Changmin's part in the commercial! I know that you don't want my sister to kiss another man! Plus…" Krystal's cheeks turned slightly pink. "…If Changmin kisses Jessica, it'll be her first kiss."

Jaejoong stared at Krystal. First kiss. First kiss were important. First kiss should be shared by only the person you truly loved. He stared at Jessica, who was suddenly playing with her lips.

No wonder she looks so scared. She's scared of losing her first kiss just for a commercial, Jaejoong thought. He groaned silently to himself. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

He was ashamed. Yet, he didn't want to get in the way of business. After all, business came first than love. That's exactly why he had to break up with Yoona in the pass. He heaved a sigh, and gave a small smile at the little girl. He patted his hand against her head.

"Thanks for telling me, Krystal, but…business always comes first," Jaejoong said apologetically. Krystal stared at Jaejoong with a dumbfounded expression.

…Is he serious? Krystal wondered. Suddenly, her heart started burning in anger as she shot a deadly glare at Jaejoong.

"Serious! You're impossible! When will you open your eyes and…and…" Krystal groaned and stormed off. Krystal stomped up to Jessica and pointed at Jaejoong furiously.

"YOUR HUSBAND IS IMPOSSIBLE! HOW CAN YOU STAND HIM?!" Krystal screamed. Jessica, who was startled by Krystal's complaints, stared at Krystal for a long time. She glanced at Jaejoong, who shrugged his shoulders helplessly and gave her a big, cheesy grin. Jessica, who was shaking in fear, calmed down and brkoe into a smile.

But he's special, and that's why I love him, Jessica thought sweetly.