A Genius

Business Engagement

On Monday, workers came into Jaejoong's building with a smile. The sky was clear, the sun shined, and best of all, no one really seemed tired on Monday. Except for the poor secretary, who had stacks of papers in his arm.

With his free hand, Changmin combed his brown, smooth hair, hoping that his hair would not stick out. He bit into his granola bar, his stomach growling for more. He hopped to the elevator, pressing the up arrow frantically. Biting into his granola bar once more, the elevators opened, as if it was embracing him inside the box. He walked into the elevator, pressing a number on the button.

"Wait!" a voice cried. Changmin groaned, as he rolled his eyes. A lady's hand stopped the elevator from closing, as Changmin tried to brighten up his face. He couldn't. His face was worn out, exhausted from trying to plan something out to fool Jaejoong about having a great dinner and discussing about the new product. When the lady stepped in, Changmin almost choked.

"Y-Yoona?" Changmin stuttered. Yoona looked up to see Changmin. She stared at him coldly, as she walked in. Flipping her hair, she ignored Changmin, who had called her name.The door closed, as it slowly went up. The atmosphere got quiet, until Yoona decided to speak up.

"Going to see Jaejoong, hm?" Yoona asked.

"Of course, I'm his secretary," Changmin replied. A smirk played on Yoona's face. The door opened, as the two got ready to leave the elevator.

"Not for long," Yoona said, smirking. She walked out, as Changmin stared at her confusingly. He shrugged and continued to walk to Jaejoong's office, ignoring Yoona's comment. 

What she said had to be harmless, right? Changmin thought. Although he tried to convince himself that he was right, he was quite unsure.

 

"Jaejoong oppa!" Yoona exclaimed, her voice squealing with excitement. "I'm here–Oh. Why, if it isn't Jessica-ssi with my Jaejoong."

Jessica looked up to see Yoona. She managed to smile, as Yoona glared at her. Jaejoong finished signing a piece of paper and looked up, noticing that Yoona had came in. His smile widened, as if he was glad to see his most favorite girl in the world.

"Oh, hey Yoona," Jaejoong greeted, smiling. "What brings you here?"

Yoona turned around to Jaejoong and pouted. "Jaejoong oppa, why weren't you at dinner? You promised me that you would be at dinner!"

Jaejoong bit his lips, trying to think of an excuse. "Er…I was busy?"

"Couldn't you have let your secretary take over the papers and stuff, though?" Yoona asked, frowning. Jessica kept quiet, but deep inside, she was hurt. She felt a small, sharp needle poking her heart, as Jessica began to notice that Jaejoong was making excuses.

Why can't he just say that he was out with me? Jessica wondered. Why is he trying to avoid the fact that he made plans with me?

"Uh…he wanted to get to know you better," Jaejoong lied. "So I agreed to send him. Besides, it was just business topic, after all."

Yoona smiled slyly. "You know, Jaejoong oppa, about that…"

"Jaejoong!" Changmin's voice echoed in the office, as he was panting heavily. He dropped the stacks of papers on Jaejoong's desk carelessly (but neatly) and slammed his body against the couch tiredly. Pointing at the papers, he dropped his head over the arms of the couch.

"The product stuff. The things I discussed with Yoona. All there. I made lots of changes, though, so Yoona won't recognize any of these plans," Changmin replied, shooting a deadly glare at Yoona. Yoona froze, dropping . 

He must've stayed up for hours if he did all the work! Yoona thought. For a moment, she felt Changmin for making him suffer. However, she kept a straight face, trying to push away the sympathetic thought. No, I can't feel sad for him. He's a nuisance to me, and I have to get Jaejoong, too.

"Yoona? Yoona?" Jaejoong called, repeating Yoona's name. She snapped out of her thoughts as she looked up at Jaejoong. She faked a smile.

"I'm fine," she assured. "Don't worry."

"Um…" Jaejoong glanced at Jessica and Changmin. "I never said about if you were okay…Actually, never mind. Let's just go back to the topic."

"Yeah, let's do that," Jessica agreed, playing with a strand of her wavy hair. Yoona managed to grin a bit, ad Changmin nodded his head in agreement.

"Yes, let's discuss about the product," Changmin agreed eagerly. It was as if his heart was grasping to stay on that topic. After all, he didn't want his efforts to go to waste. He eyed at Yoona, who clearly understood that Changmin wanted to boast about his plans for the product. She rolled her eyes a bit, but then stopped halfway. 

I have to do something, Yoona thought. I just need a little time with Jaejoong so that I can make Jessica jealous and to let Changmin's effort go to a waste.

"Ah…Jaejoong oppa!" Yoona said innocently, pouting. Jessica narrowed her eyes at Yoona, as if she knew what Yoona was planning.

Oh no she isn't… Jessica thought. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sight of seeing Jaejoong almost interested in Yoona's words.

"Yes?" he asked. His words just slipped out of his mouth, as he stared at Yoona. Jessica gritted her teeth, clenching a fist. Changmin cleared his throat, trying to grab Jaejoong's attention.

"Um, Jaejoong sir–"

"Jaejoong oppa, I think I feel a bit sick!" Yoona complained loudly, trying to overpower Changmin's "interruption." She glanced at Changmin and Jessica and gave them a secret smirk. She turned to Jaejoong and walked up to him. "Can you take me home?"

It was as if Yoona had casted a spell on Jaejoong, for he was already up on his feet. He immediately grabbed Yoona's hand and placed a hand on her forehead. His face expressed worry, as if she was so sick, she was going to die.

"Sure, I'll take you home," Jaejoong agreed. Jessica managed to clear loud enough to get only some of Jaejoong's attention. Jaejoong gazed at Jessica for a second. "Jessica, you understand that it's a gentleman's job to court a lady, right?"

Jessica pressed her lips into a thin line. Then, she faked a smile. "Yes, I do Jaejoong," she said sarcastically. "I definitely understand that you are leaving your future wife and a secretary who worked his off alone, doing particularly nothing."

"Thanks Sica!" Jaejoong thanked. "Please try to explain it to Changmin. I think he's angry."

"You think?" Changmin snapped. Jaejoong ignored Changmin and pulled Yoona out of the office. When the two left the office, Changmin turned to Jessica.

"Well?" he asked.

"What?" 

"Do something!"

"You want me to do something? I'm only his future wife! You're his secretary!"

"You're the girl!"

"So?"

"Guys like girls, duh! They're willing to do anything for a girl!" Changmin blurted. Jessica kept quiet with a blank expression. Suddenly, a sly smile formed on her lips. Changmin shivered, not liking the sigh of Jessica smirking.

"Guys like girls, eh?" Jessica repeated. "Changmin, you're such a genius!"