Jung Jessica

Business Engagement

Jaejoong had finally arrived at the restaurant his mother has texted him earlier. He touched his damp hair, making sure that it wasn’t messy and it was perfectly combed. He did try his best to dry his hair after blow-drying it at home, but there wasn’t much time. He his lips and maturely walked into the restaurant. He scanned around the place, and slightly frowned. It was another fancy restaurant his mother had set up. He scowled when he met his mother’s eyes from afar. His mother seemed pleased and happy, so he immediately smiled back. 

As he walked up to the table, he noticed three unfamiliar faces: Two of them obviously looked like the parents, and the young, blonde-haired girl must’ve been their daughter.

And the girl who I’m going to be married to, Jaejoong thought miserably, as he forced a smile. He took a seat next to his mother, but was quickly eyed. He heaved a quiet sigh and scooted a chair farther away from his own mother. He knew what his mother wanted–His mother wanted him to sit across the girl. He obeyed to what his mother wanted and sat across from the graceful girl.

“A-Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Jessica, Jung Jessica,” Jessica stuttered.

“Are you from the States?” Jaejoong questioned, noticing that Jessica was an English name. Jessica pressed her lips into a thin line and slowly nodded her head.

“I do have a Korean name, but what’s the point of saying my name when everyone calls me by Jessica?” Jessica pointed out.

“Good point,” Jaejoong agreed, nodding his head. A waitress came by and smiled warmly at Jaejoong. She immediately handed him a plate of steak. The meat was the size of two fist. It was perfect for Jaejoong, since he wasn’t very hungry. He immediately picked up his silverwares and began to slice the juicy steak.

“My name is Kim Jaejoong. My business is–”

“I know all about your business from the internet,” Jessica interrupted. “So if you don’t mind, I want to explain something.”

Jaejoong raised his head and stared at Jessica for a moment. “Alright, sure. Go ahead. Speak.”

“First of all, I don’t want to have a loveless marriage, so I have no problem with you not accepting this marriage–”

“I don’t know, I might want to accept it. You’re pretty interesting,” Jaejoong teased, as he popped a piece of steak into his mouth. Jessica slightly blushed a bit as she awkwardly stared down at her salad.

“T-Two,” she continued, shifting her body until she got comfortable, “I don’t like playboys. From the tone of your voice, I think you’re a playboy.”

“I’m not a playboy. I was just teasing you,” Jaejoong defended. “Trust me, I only had a girlfriend once. Our relationship didn’t go so well…”

“Well, I’m sorry for you, but let me move on to three. Three, if we do get married, you must promise not to hurt me or make me cry, arraso?” Jessica finished, after holding up her third finger. Jaejoong stared at Jessica, dumbfounded. Then, he broke into a smirk.

“Wow, you’re really something,” Jaejoong laughed.

“Wow, you really sound like a playboy to me,” Jessica said, a bit irritated.

“You two seem to get along quite well,” Mr. Jung said with a proud smile. Jessica blushed and looked down at her salad and began to stuff her cheeks. Jaejoong tossed Mr. Jung a bitter smile.

“Why, thank you,” Jaejoong said awkwardly.

“Omo, omo! You’re such a gentleman! Jessica, don’t you think that Jaejoong is such a gentleman?” Mrs. Jung asked, clasping her hands together.

“A gentleman? Pft, I think he’s a player,” Jessica mumbled. Her mother gave her a gentle knock on the head, as Jessica scowled. “I mean, of course he is.”

“I already like your mother. She’s really nice,” Jaejoong commented, smiling dashingly at Jessica’s mother. Jessica’s mother giggled and flustered a bit.

“Oh no, you’re too kind! Too bad I’m already married,” Mrs. Jung joked, as Mr. Jung and Jaejoong’s mother laughed. Jaejoong and Jessica obviously did not get the joke, so they sat there, staring at the adults in a strange manner. Jaejoong’s mother narrowed her eyes coldly at Jaejoong, which caused him to fake a laugh. Jessica smirked as she bit into a piece of lettuce.

“I already like your mother. She’s really nice,” Jessica said, mimicking what Jaejoong had said earlier. Jaejoong frowned.

“Copy-cat.”

“I guess, but that doesn’t stop our marriage, no?” Jessica pointed out. Jaejoong heaved a depressing sigh.

“Meanie.”

“Shut up.”

A moment of silence sealed their conversation. Jessica had nothing to say, and since Jaejoong was told to shut up, he didn’t dare to speak a word. However, he did occasionally stare at her secretly.

She’s beautiful, Jaejoong thought, But she isn’t as beautiful as Yoona is. Yoona is much more prettier…but I do like Jessica’s blonde hair. It’s attractive, I have to admit. Maybe marrying her might not be as bad I as thought.

He’s annoying, Jessica sighed, But he seems nice. I guess I can give him a chance. I mean, Umma and Appa really want me to get married, anyways.

“Jaejoong-ah, why don’t you go and Jessica to a walk?” Jaejoong’s mother suggested. Jaejoong’s eyes almost popped out, as he nearly choked on his food.

“N-Neh?” Jaejoong stuttered, as Jessica shyly hid her face.

“That’s an excellent idea! That way, you two can get to know each other better!” Mrs. Jung exclaimed, clapping her hand. Jessica nibbled on a carrot. She was as silent as a bunny, just focusing on her carrot, hoping that Jaejoong would continue to do the talking. 

Which he did.

“Omonim…” Jaejoong started, but he was cut off with his mother’s sharp look.

“Mm? Mwoh?” Jaejoong’s mother asked sweetly, with a hint of bitterness in her voice. Jaejoong shook his head and got up on his feet.

“Aniyo, it’s nothing. C’mon, uh, Jessica,” Jaejoong said, grabbing Jessica’s arm before she could nibble into her carrot anymore. Jessica’s eyes widened as she looked back at her parents. Jaejoong’s mother and her parents were smiling at her sweetly, as excitement and success filled their eyes. Jessica sighed and looked slowly up at Jaejoong.

Well, I guess it’s decided then, Jaejoong thought, looking down at Jessica.

I’m going to marry her.