The Dinner Date (1/3)

Business Engagement

"Do you want to go out for dinner?" Jaejoong suggested. Jessica tapped on her chin for a moment. 

Going out to dinner would be a great chance for me to get to know Jaejoong more, she thought. She smiled happily and nodded her head, clapping her hands. Jaejoong grinned, until Changmin cleared his throat awfully loudly to grab attention.

"Er, Jaejoong-ssi, I thought you promised to take Yoona out for dinner to discuss about the new product," Changmin interrupted. Jaejoong slapped his forehead as he groaned. Jessica's face immediately fell, and Jaejoong saw it. He his lips and clapped his hands.

"Why don't you take my place, then?" Jaejoong asked. Changmin jumped at Jaejoong's request as he began to blush.

"W-Why? Yoona-ssi and I aren't very close–"

"You're my secretary, Changmin," Jaejoong said. He patted Changmin's back and grinned. "I trust you to be on your best behavior."

"I…I–"

"Please Changmin?" Jessica pleaded, using her puppy-eyes as an advantage. Changmin stiffened as he bit his lips.

"I–"

"Don't tell me that you don't like Yoona," Jaejoong laughed. "Who wouldn't like Yoona?" He glanced at Jessica. "Besides for Sica, that is."

Changmin blushed even deeper at the thought of eating dinner with Yoona. For a moment, he had pictured Yoona feeding him a large chunk of steak. He shuddered and shyly looked away.

"I…I'll accept," Changmin said, barely audible. Jaejoong grinned and Jessica squealed in joy. None of them cared about Changmin's hot and tomato-red face. 

Gah! A dinner date with such a beautiful girl? It'll surely become a disaster, Changmin thought, fanning himself with his hand.

 

Yoona clipped on her small, silver earring loops and smiled at herself satisfyingly. She was exited to "discuss" about their new product. She knew that Jaejoong would get distracted by her lovely charm. She smiled once more and applied a light shade of pink lipstick against her small lips. She felt her long eyelashes brushes against each other and began to cup her face with her soft hands.

"Don't you look bea-u-ti-ful!" Yoona giggled. She clipped on her other earring and smoothed out her long, black dress. Her dress went up to her knee, and was a bit dissatisfied with the length of her dress. She knew that her bare shoulders and smooth legs would be attractive in Jaejoong's black, dark eyes.

Ding dong!

He's here! Yoona thought excitedly. She quickly grabbed her black, velvet purse and ran down the stairs. She slipped on her black heels and cleared . Tucking her hair in shyly, she opened the door. At first, she grinned. Then, her expression fell into confusion.

There was Changmin, standing in front of the door shyly with a bouquet of red roses behind his back. He was wearing a nice, white tuxedo with a silky, black scarf tied around his neck. Yoona couldn't help but admit that Changmin was striking in the clothing he had chosen.

"Jaejoong must be in the car, right?" Yoona asked, with a hint of worry in her voice. Changmin scratched the back of his head and shyly stared down the ground.

"How should I say this…" Changmin paused for a moment. "Jaejoong isn't coming."

 

Jessica was outside of her mansion, waiting for Jaejoong to pick her up. Tonight, she was in a lovely, white dress that was a bit above her knee. She had a black sash wrapped around her hips, showing her elegant lines. She constantly reached down to fix the straps of her heels, which started to bother her a bit.

Man, I knew that these shoes were too small, Jessica thought. She stopped for a moment, and glanced at her watch. And he's late. 

Jessica tossed her blonde, long hair behind her back. She fixed her hair into a golden, wavy stream and applied just a touch of makeup. Krystal wanted to put more makeup on her sister, but to her disappointment, Jessica would not allow Krystal to do her makeup. 

"I can go back home and change shoes, but…" Jessica stared at her pure, white heels, "I have no other white heels except for my sneakers."

And wearing sneakers would be such a bother during a date, Jessica thought, groaning. 

"Sorry that I'm late!" 

Jessica immediately turned to the voice. "You're la…"

She stared at Jaejoong. Jaejoong stared at her. Jaejoong was wearing a simple sweater with a white shirt tucked inside. He wore a pair of faint blue jeans and was wearing white sneakers. In other words, Jaejoong was dressed like an ordinary guy.

This is not quite what I had in mind, Jessica thought. She cleared and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"Er…We're not going to a fancy dinner or something, right?" Jessica asked. Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders.

"I wasn't planning to, but as I can see," Jaejoong stared at Jessica from her toes to the head, "You expected quite more from me."

Jessica blushed. "I…I thought that a successful guy like you would–"

"I perfectly understand," Jaejoong said humbly. "But not all successors are rich, are they?"

Jessica stared down at the ground in shame. "Er…can I go back and change?"

Jaejoong smirked. "I don't see why not."

Jessica was about to turn around until Jaejoong grabbed her wrist. He stared at Jessica warmly in the eyes.

"But Jessica, you've probably overworked yourself to make yourself look perfect. You look great tonight, so why don't you just come with me and eat?" Jaejoong asked. Jessica felt her cheeks heat up like the stove. She looked away so that Jaejoong wouldn't be able to see her face.

"I–I–I–" Jessica shyly looked up to face Jaejoong. She forced a smile, her nervous lips. "S-Sure, why not?"

Jaejoong lent out his hands as Jessica slowly grabbed it. He led her towards his car and opened the front seat like a gentleman.

He sure has manners, at least, Jessica thought. She jumped into the car and closed the door while Jaejoong hopped on the other side. He grinned and started the engines.

"What do you think about this car?" he asked. Jessica shrugged uncomfortably. No, no, no. She did not want their first topic of their date to be about cars. Cars, to her, was an utterly boring topic.

"Nice, I guess," she replied quickly. She moved on to another topic. "So where are we going to eat?"

"McDonalds?" Jaejoong suggested. Jessica sighed.

"Can we eat something else besides McDonalds?" Jessica pleaded. Jaejoong frowned.

"You sure are picky," he mumbled. Then, in a very quiet voice, he whispered, "And beautiful."

"W-What did you say?" Jessica stuttered. Jaejoong put the back of his hand over his lips and smiled.

"Nothing," he muttered. Jessica swore that Jaejoong had said something, but she ignored it and kept quiet.

The words, "You're beautiful," in Jaejoong's voice echoed in Jessica's head.

Can it be…that or love is blossoming? Jessica wondered. She glanced at Jaejoong, who had a stiff expression. She smiled gently and sighed. Nah, it's too fast. I still have to get to know him better, anyways.