Krystal's Short Notes

Business Engagement

On the day when Krystal was about leave Korea, everyone met up at the airport. Jessica had a smirk on her face, and gave Krystal a proud stare. Krystal heaved a sigh tiredly and tightly gripped on the handle of her suitcase.

"Aish! No fair. I don't want to go back to school," Krystal complained. "It's so much more fun here than back at America."

"Just study hard and be like your sister," Jessica replied, patting Krystal's head. "You'll survive. Besides, the education at America is way easier than Korea. You know how if you study in Korea, the teachers are more strict."

"But still. It's more worth being here," Krystal grumbled. She glanced at Yoona, then at Changmin, then at Jaejoong, and finally back at her sister. Then, she grinned. "But you guys are going to have even more fun without me. I feel like I'm getting in the way."

"You sure are," Jessica said, nodding her head. "You've been getting in my life–"

"Not about your personal life! I mean…relationship life." Krystal whispered the last part, and none of the four caught what Krystal was trying to say. Krystal glanced at Jaejoong. "Make sure you take care of her, okay?"

Jaejoong's cheeks turned bright red, and Krystal reached in her pocket to pull out something. She took out four little rolls of paper and handed one to each person according to the color of the ribbon that tied the roll. She smiled, and pulled up the handle of her suitcase.

"I should go. I don't want to be late or anything," Krystal replied. Jessica pulled her sister and embraced Krystal in her arms.

"I'm going to miss you, you little monster."

"Jessica, you're going to make me throw up."

Jessica pushed her sister away. "Fine. Just when I was being nice, you start to push me away. Okay, I see how it is."

Krystal laughed, until Yoona spoke up. "Um, why do I have this paper?"

"I have a note for you, too, you know. I've kept my eyes on you ever since I saw you," Krystal responded. Suddenly, an announcement echoed in the airport, repeating Krystal's flight information twice. Krystal widened her eyes and gasped. "I better go. Have fun!"

With that, Krystal took off and disappeared into the busy crowd. Jessica sighed, as Jaejoong wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Don't worry. She's going to come back," Jaejoong assured.

"I'm not upset about Krystal. I'm just sighing because she woke me up at three in the morning so that I can help her pack up. Seriously, she should've packed up overnight," Jessica grumbled. She was just about to walk away when Changmin suddenly said, "Wait, aren't you going to open your note that Krystal gave you?"

Jessica stared down at the piece of paper. "I'll read it at home. It's probably something weird, though."

Yoona and Jaejoong nodded their heads in agreement, and soon after everyone went on their own ways. After all, Jaejoong and Changmin had to go to a meeting, Yoona was wanted at her father's office, and Jessica needed to wait at home for Krystal's call.

As Jessica hopped in her care, she quickly pulled the end of the ribbon and unrolled the small letter. She stared at the small words for a few minutes, dumbfounded with the message. She frowned, and then crumbled it in her hands. Her cheeks turned bright red, and she looked out the window, resting her chin on the palm of her hands. She took a swift glance at the note, and then felt her heart race.

Hurry up and kiss him.

– Krystal

"Like I thought," Jessica mumbled. "The letter is weird."

 

When Jaejoong and Changmin were halfway to their building, Changmin decided to speak up.

"Hey, don't you want to know what's in this note?" Changmin asked. Jaejoong looked down at the small note between his fingers.

"I'll look if you look," Jaejoong said. Changmin hesitated for a moment, and then carefully pulled the end of the ribbon. The ribbon loosened up, and Jaejoong did the same. Slowly, Changmin unrolled the note, and stared at it. Despite the fact that the paper was the size of a fortune cookie paper and the font was small, the small handwriting was readable.

"Hey Changmin," Jaejoong said, glancing at his note. "What does yours say? Mine says, 'I give you my blessing for a wonderful child.'"

Jaejoong's cheek was as pink as a peach, but when he looked up, his blush vanished. He stared at Changmin's nervous, yet calm expression. Changmin's face was bright red, and Jaejoong swore that he caught his secretary blushing a bit.

"N-Nothing. Mine isn't as important for you to know," Changmin stuttered. He hit the paper in his pocket, and tried to calm down his beating heart.

Wake up from reality, you idiot.

– Krystal

When did she find out that I have feelings for Jessica? Changmin wondered.

 

Yoona took a deep breath. She her lips, and slowly reached to touch her father's office door. She always felt nervous whenever she approached her father's office. After all, her father was a strict man. She her lips, and twisted the door knob. As she slowly opened it, she heard a faint creaking sound from the door. She carefully poke her head in the room, and met her father's hard gaze.

"Yoona. Sit down," her father ordered. Yoona nodded her head and quickly closed the door behind her. She cautiously sat down on a chair across her father's desk.

"D-Did I do something wrong?" Yoona asked quietly.

"No, no! You did nothing wrong! It's just that…Sweetie, you know how Daddy's business isn't doing so well, yes?"

Yoona nodded her head. "Of course."

"And I know that you would do anything for Daddy, yes?"

"Of course."

"So would you like to attend a match-making event tomorrow?"

Right when her father said his last sentence, Yoona felt her whole world collapse on her. Eyes wide, she stared at her father, speechless. All she was able to think was one word: What?