Happily Wedded

Business Engagement

"Breaking news! To-be-bride Im Yoona has disappeared and ran away from home! Ok Taecyeon, Yoona's-to-be-her-husband, and Yoona's father has reported her missing from the town. The wedding is canceled, but will resume for Kim Jaejoong and Jung Jessica. If any additional information are heard about Yoona's disappearance, please report to your closest police station immediately."

"Ha! I can't believe that they're having a search crew looking for them." Krystal laughed. The television scene changed to a search crew looking all over the city. Sulli grinned as the screen went back to the weather channel.

"Well, we better go back to America. It's been nice meeting all of you," Sulli said politely. Jessica and Jaejoong stared at the two young girls with a smile. 

"It's been nice seeing you, too. Hopefully we can meet later in the future," Jaejoong replied, shaking Sulli's hand. 

"Now remember, you two are responsible for keeping the disappearance of Yoona and Changmin a secret!" Jessica replied, holding up her finger. "You should go and catch your planes. When you meet Changmin and Yoona at the airport over there, make sure you teach them English!"

Krystal rolled her eyes. "I find it tiring for me to look after them. I'm going to get a boyfriend to teach them or something. Maybe Sulli can teach them English."

"Hey! I already do all the chores around the apartment! You should at least teach the couple English!" Sulli protested. Jessica rolled her eyes and pushed the two away towards the security system.

"Now, now, calm down. Make sure you send us pictures of them and visit once in a while! We'll make sure to tell you when Yoona's disappearance matters calm down," Jessica told them.

"Call us when you see them!" Jaejoong added. Krystal and Sulli smiled and waved, walking through security and entering another door to the airport. Jessica heaved a sigh and rested her head on Jaejoong's arm. She locked her skinny arms around his, and slightly pouted.

"Was Yoona running away from home a good choice?" Jessica asked, walking next to Jaejoong.

"Hopefully they'll learn to live on their own soon. Changmin will need to find a new job and learn to speak English fluently, and Yoona's going to have to make some friends around her age over there. Krystal and Sulli won't have any problems, though," Jaejoong pointed out. Jessica nodded her head, and glanced at her watch. Her eyes widened and she almost screamed.

"Oh my gosh, Jaejoong! The wedding is in twelve hours! I need to go back home and get my hair down at the beauty salon!" Jessica screamed.

"Are you okay with the fact that none of your friends are coming to your wedding?" Jaejoong asked, frowning. Jessica smiled and pecked Jaejoong's lips, causing him to blush furiously.

"It's an arranged marriage. I doubt a lot of people are going to come. Plus, as long as you're there, I'm perfectly fine," Jessica said, giggling.

Jaejoong smirked and pecked Jessica's forehead. "Alright, Mrs. Secretary."

The two smiled at each other and rode a taxi back to Jessica's house, where her parents waited for their lovely daughter to come back from the airport.

 

"I'm sorry, sir. You can't come in."

"But I'm Ok Taecyeon! My name should be there!"

"Unfortunately, Jessica and Jaejoong do not have your name on the guest list. I'm sorry," the security guard said. Taecyeon was enraged. He had spent a long time building a good impression on Jessica, and in the end he had lost. He couldn't believe that Yoona had ditched him after his threat, and he couldn't help but feel furious towards Jessica.

"You know that I am stronger than you. I am more powerful and more successful than you. I'm just using you for the purpose of ruining Jessica's wedding. I'm not after ruinng your life. It's only Jessica's I'm after," Taecyeon confessed.

"Why? Why Jessica? What did she ever do to you?"

"She played with my feelings!" Taecyeon roared. "I thought we loved each other, so when my parents wanted me to choose my future bride, I chose Jessica. However, she refused and rejected my invitation and only came to our match-making session. I felt betrayed. The only way to get her back is through ruining her marrigae."

Yoona kept quiet, and stared at Taecyeon with fear in her eyes. Knowing that he had made Yoona scared, he smirked widely.

"So… So what are you trying to do?" Yoona asked softly. Taecyeon snatched Yoona's phone away and dialed Jessica's number. When he handed the phone back to Yoona, Yoona pressed the phone against her ear, hearing the sound of the phone patiently ringing. Taecyeon leaned closer to Yoona's ears, his breath taunting her.

"Make Jessica feel less confident about being married to Jaejoong. Make her wonder and doubt her marriage. Convince her to stop the marriage. Or I will bring your company down. Hard."

Obviously his threat did not work on Yoona and even his fake friendship with Jessica didn't go as he planned. His plan was ruined. He was sure that when he found her, he would literally kill her. How was he supposed to bring utter chaos to Jessica's wedding? It was, unfortuntaely, well guarded and secured. He watched the women in beautiful dresses, men in their handsome tux, and little children dressing formally enter the building one by one. He was standing outside next to the security guard, feeling dumb and alone.

Taecyeon's phone rang, and he immediately picked it up when he saw Yoona's father's phone number. 

"Yes, Mr. Im?" Taecyeon answered. He pretended to sound worried and concerned, pulling off a convincing trick. "Did we find Yoona yet?"

"No, I'm afraid not. I actually have something to discuss with you about your arranged marriage with Yoona," Mr. Im started. Taecyeon patiently waited for Mr. Im to speak. "It's canceled. Your wedding between her is official canceled. You will not longer see my daughter and convince her to love you. We are terminating the contract with your company."

Taecyeon's face was filled with dread. "Wha…Wait, why? We were a team!"

"Yes, I know, but it was like selling my daughter to you. I've actually received another contract and proposal from a better and larger company."

"And who, may I ask, would that be?"

"My daughter's ex-boyfriend, Kim Jaejoong. It seems like he is interested in helping my company as long as I keep up with the contract he created. It must be because he's friends with my daughter!" Mr. Im cheered. Taecyeon almost dropped his phone to the ground as he walked away from the wedding ceremony.

He lost. He wasn't even sure what to do. Taecyeon sighed, and dug into his pocket. He pulled out a small box and flipped it open. Like a clam, the box snapped itself open and revealed a sparkling jewel. He gently scooped up the ring between his fingers and examined it with a sad expression.

"And I thought I was going to marry you, Jessica," Taecyeon whispered. He glanced back at the ceremony, and stared down at the gift he had prepared for her. He quickly ran back to the security guard and shoved the present right in his hand. The security guard looked shocked at the sudden gift he was receiving.

"Please give that to Jessica Jung! It's her present," Taecyeon requested. The guard smiled and nodded, while Taecyeon walked off.

It's okay, Taecyeon thought. I'll come with a better plan next time.

 

"Aish… my wedding vow! I forgot my wedding vow!" Jessica screeched. All the guests left the room, and it was only Jessica and her wedding stylist. Her wedding stylist tried to calm Jessica down, but she was freaking out.

"Please! Calm down! If you freak out, we'll need to spend another hour getting your hair as perfect as it is," the stylist pleaded. This caused Jessica to sit back down at her seat, not wanting to spend another hour after she had spent six hours on her hair. Jessica stared down at her wedding dress, then blushed. The elegant, white clothing expressed the purity in her heart. Her face was, however, as bright as a tomato, blushing at the thought of marrying Jaejoong. 

"I can't believe I'm actually getting married to someone who I thought was a total jerk," Jessica whispered. A genuine smile crept on her face as the stylist smiled along with her.

 

"Jessica is going to kill me," Jaejoong muttered. He checked all over his pocket, but failed to find an important piece of paper. His mother stood next to him, frowning and struggling to fix his tie. After a few minutes of Jaejoong checked his pocket, his mother finally slapped his shoulder, causing Jaejoong to help and scowl. "What?"

"Stop moving! Your tie is looking crooked!" his mother scolded. "What did you forget?"

"My wedding vow! I think Changmin took it or something," Jaejoong mumbled. His mother gave him a wide stare.

"You don't have a wedding vow?" Jaejoong's mother smacked her son's perfectly combed hair, causing Jaejoong to flinch. "What kind of husband are you going to be?"

Jaejoong grinned. "A type of husband who cherishes her wife."

 

"Feeling tired?"

"Mm."

"Want to lie down on my shoulder?"

"Sounds like a good idea." Yoona plopped her head against Changmin's sturdy shoulder. He smiled softly at his girlfriend and brushed away a strand of hair from her face. He tucked her brown, smooth hair behind her ear, staring at her innocent sleeping position.

"Do you regret running away?" Changmin asked. Yoona kept quiet, then heaved a sigh.

"Yeah, I do," she mumbled. Changmin pouted, his heart breaking into two separate pieces. However, his eyes widened when Yoona smiled and leaned towards his face to give him a quick peck on the lips. "But running away with you makes my guilt disappear."

She laughed when she spotted Changmin's scarlet cheeks.

 

Sulli stretched her arms and yawned loudly enough to disturb the neighbors around her. Krystal softly closed her eyes as she pulled down the window covers at her side. The bright sun light quickly disappeared and the plane was greeted with darkness.

"I'm so tired, I can go to sleep for a century," Sulli mumbled. "I never thought adults were so hard to handle. Do you think their marriage is going to be okay?"

Krystal smirked and shot her eyes open. She poked Sulli's arm, causing Sulli to scowl and open her eyes. However, her frown faded and was replaced with a shocked look when Krystal presented her with two pieces of paper.

"Well, I am Krystal Jung. I can't help the adults every time. Sometimes, I need to be the prankster here," Krystal said, holding up Jessica's and Jaejoong's wedding vows. She laughed loudly until the flight attendance asked her to be quiet and appreciate the elders that were sleeping around her.

 

The fancy room went quiet and Jaejoong and Jessica stared down at the ground, their lips tight and their expression hardened. The priest asked them to say their vows, but neither of them had their little promises ready. They had written it down from their heart, but had completely forgotten about it.  

The priest leaned towards them and whispered, "This is the part where you speak your vows."

"Oh, um, I was waiting for Jaejoong to start speaking," Jessica lied. Jaejoong stiffened and laughed nervously.

"Oh no, you can go first," he offered.

"That's nonsense! Be a gentleman and be brave! You go on first. No one is going to laugh at you."

"Be a gentleman? Well, I guess that means ladies' first."

"You speak first."

"No, you speak first."

"Jaejoong…" Jessica gave Jaejoong an icy glare, causing him to flinch. 

"Er, to be honest… I don't have my vow. I lost it somewhere," Jaejoong replied truthfully. Jessica blinked her eyes, surprised with Jaejoong's honesty. Then, she broke into small giggles, which caused Jaejoong to stare at her in a strange manner.

"I lost my vow, too. I'm not sure where I left them, though," Jessica admitted, her face beet red. The two grinned, laughed out loud for a few minutes (their parents were worried that this marriage had made them mad), and sighed in relief. Jaejoong cupped Jessica's hands and turned to the priest.

"Skip the vow," Jaejoong told him. The priest nodded his head, confused, but announced for them to kiss. The couple's heart pounded against their chest loudly at a steady pace, wondering if their partner could hear their heart. Jaejoong, being a man, slowly leaned closer to Jessica. She gently closed her eyes, backed her face farther for Jaejoong a bit, then waited for his lips to meet hers. She felt his minty breath against her lips, and before she knew it, Jaejoong's lips crashed against hers. It was a quick, but touching kiss. He parted away, winked, and turned to the audience. Everyone clapped for joy, congratulating the couple's marriage. 

She was happy. 

He was happy.

Everyone was happy.


The End

Business Engagement has finally ended! I think the ending was too sudden, but I realized, "What more do I have to write about?" So I wrapped up the story here. Thank you for everyone who subscribed, commented, and supported this story until the end, and thank you for spending your time reading this fanfic! I have a new fanfic (not JaeSica) starring IU and EXO's Baekhyun, so you can check it out by clicking here. Once again, thank you and I hope to write another JaeSica fanfic soon!