I Know My Limits

Business Engagement

Changmin took a deep breath, and knocked on Jaejoong's office door. He prayed and hoped that Jessica wasn't there with Jaejoong. He would be too nervous to work properly, and his heart would probably crumble every time if he saw Jaejoong and Jessica enjoying themselves together during work.

"Come in!" a deep voice called. Changmin wiped his sweaty palms against his pants, and grabbed ahold of the doorknobs. Then, after he gathered up all his courage, he opened the door wide open. The first thing he did was glance around the room. He looked to his right, and widened his eyes. Jaejoong was calmly signing and writing something one a few stacks of paper, but that wasn't what surprised Changmin. What surprised him was that Yoona was standing near Jaejoong instead of Jessica.

"Um…Why is Yoona here?" Changmin asked. Yoona glanced away from Changmin's strange gaze. Jaejoong looked up from his work and smiled at Changmin.

"Oh, hey Changmin. Why don't you start organizing these papers for me?" Jaejoong asked, completely ignoring Changmin's question. Changmin tilted his head a bit, and then slowly nodded. He walked over to Jaejoong's desk, cautiously grabbed the stacks of paper, and moved it to a smaller desk. 

"Can I ask why Yoona is here?" Changmin asked. Jaejoong glanced up after signing one last paper.

"Hm? Oh, Yoona? She said she wanted to see yo–" Before Jaejoong got to finish, Yoona stopped her heels on Jaejoong's foot, causing him to howl in pain. Yoona grimaced, and then smiled shyly at Changmin.

"I'm just here, waiting for…Jessica to come back," Yoona lied. Changmin raised an eyebrow, and then gave her a small nodded. 

"Okay…I don't quite remember when you and Jessica got along so well, but as long as it's not my business, then I'm fine with it," Changmin mumbled. Yoona slightly frowned, as the door opened wide open. Jaejoong and Changmin looked up to meet Jessica's bright eyes.

"Guess what!" Jessica exclaimed. Jaejoong smiled, and then dropped his pen on his desk. Changmin nervously looked away, and Yoona frowned even more. 

"You seem pretty happy. I thought you said that you were going to sleep today?" Jaejoong asked. Jessica snorted and walked over to Jaejoong.

"Why sleep when I found such an amazing news?" Jessica asked. Jaejoong chuckled.

"So what 'amazing' news do you have in store for us?" Jaejoong asked.

Jessica smiled. "Krystal is going to go back to America! She's going to study for a while back at America! Do you know what that means? I'm Krystal-free as long as I live until she comes back!"

Jaejoong suddenly frowned. "Wait, then that means you have to pay back to me."

Jessica blinked her eyes. "What?"

"Your sister ate five cheesecakes, and she didn't even pay back! You don't know how much that cost me. I almost had to ride the bus," Jaejoong muttered bitterly. Jessica pouted.

"What? That isn't fair! I'll make sure that Krystal pays back to you before she leaves!" Jessica whined.

"When is Krystal going to leave?" Yoona asked.

"Somewhere around this week. She's going to write a letter to each of us before she leaves," Jessica explained. Changmin watched Jessica smile and laugh with Jaejoong. It ached his chest to see Jessica beam and smile freely near Jaejoong. 

I can't compete with Jaejoong, Changmin thought, sighing. He glanced down at the paperworks and tried to organize them, but he had a hard time working. Suddenly, he found someone taking a seat next to him. He looked up to see Yoona blushing hard, but staring down at the papers.

"You're organizing them all wrong. You should put this one above here, and this one below…" As Yoona instructed Changmin how to properly organize the files, a thought suddenly occurred to him. He realized how cute Yoona looked when blushing. His heart was beating a bit faster than usual, and he didn't understand why his heart was beating so fast just by looking at Yoona's red face.

"Oh, Jaejoong, do you want to go out and eat a bit?" Jessica asked shyly. Jaejoong stared at Jessica with a strange expression.

"Are you…Are you blushing?" Jaejoong asked. Jessica blushed and looked away.

"What? Me? Blush? Hah! You got to be kidding me." Jessica faked a laugh before grabbing her purse and storming out of the office, mumbling, "Jerk. He could've just said yes."

Jaejoong followed right behind Jessica, hoping that he could cheer her up in some way. Changmin smiled weakly, and bit his tongue from blurting something weird out. Yoona glanced at him, and then heaved a sigh.

"Why don't you go and cheer Jessica up, too? It might help you strengthen your relationship with her," Yoona suggested. Changmin let out a bitter laugh.

"No, I'm okay. I know my limits," he assured her.

You should've known your limits a long time ago, Yoona thought coldly.