Text Messages

Business Engagement

"Is Jaejoong here?"

Changmin was speechless. It was as if his words wanted to hide from the elegant voice of this unfamiliar lady. He wondered who she was to Jaejoong, and couldn't believe how pretty she was. He stared at her soft, brown eyes and loved how gracefully her rich, brown hair swayed. She had quite a skinny body, but was flawless. Her smooth, white skin glowed like a star, as she smiled gently at Changmin.

"He, uh, that, uh, him, yeah…" Changmin stammered, speaking gibberish. The lady giggled and stepped inside the office.

"Is it okay for me to come in?" the girl asked. Changmin nodded his head slowly with his mouth held wide open. The girl smiled softly and glanced the office as she closed the door behind her.

"The office is quite neat," the girl whispered. "Neater than I had expected…"

"Er…May I ask you why you're looking for Jaejoong?" Changmin asked shyly. The girl looked up and smiled softly.

"Oh, silly me! I forgot to introduce myself! Annyeonghaseyo, Im Yoona imnida!" Yoona greeted, as she bowed 90º at Changmin. Changmin felt his heart run faster when he saw how gracefully Yoona tossed her hair back.

"I–Uh–Chang–yeah…" Changmin stuttered. Yoona giggled softly and took a quick glance at Changmin's ID card.

"So…You're Shim Changmin, right? Jaejoong's secretary and personal assistant?" Yoona asked. 

Why can't I answer her? Gosh, I feel like I'm dying under her beauty, Changmin thought, as he stared at Yoona with awe.

 

"Aw come on! Just where on earth did Jessica go?" Jaejoong grunted as he pressed the end button on his phone. He was calling Jessica for the fifth time, and she still didn't pick up her phone. He heaved a sigh and continued to search around the building. Just then, he felt his phone vibrate in his rough hands. He quickly looked at the phone and found a text message from Jessica. 

From: Jung Jessica

Stop calling me. My battery is running low.

Jaejoong scoffed. Oh, what a very clever excuse, Miss Jung! Aish, you're pissing me off right now!

To: Jung Jessica

Yeah, yeah, what ever. Where are you right now???

Jaejoong looked back at his cellphone after a few seconds. That was a fast reply…

From: Jessica

Going back home.

"Eh?! Home?! Aish chinja…I'd like to go home, you idiot!" Jaejoong muttered. He quickly sent another reply, but then hesitated to press send. "I can't really get angry with her for going home…Maybe I should ask why she's going home."

Jaejoong sent a text message asking why Jessica was going home. Again, in a few seconds, Jessica had replied back even faster than before.

From: Jessica

I'm tired.

This time, Jaejoong couldn't help but explode.

"MWOH?!" Jaejoong screamed. "Don't you care that I'm tired! I'm working my off to support my family and you're going home, saying that you're 'tired' when you're just hanging around at my office?" 

Jaejoong flicked his tongue and frowned. "You are so going to get it, Miss Jung!"

 

"Madam, are you sure you do not want to go back to Master Jaejoong's office?" Jessica's driver asked politely.

"I don't and I won't!" Jessica snapped. "Keep driving until we get back home!"

"Unnie…" Krystal, Jessica's younger sister, pouted. "You seem really angry. What happened?"

"Nothing," Jessica said coldly. Then, she muttered, "I should've known that Jaejoong was a cheater, a player, and a liar…"

"Mwoh? Unnie, did you say something?" Krystal asked.

"Nothing!" Jessica shouted. Her sister whimpered and stared at her sister with fear. Jessica heaved a sigh. "Sorry, Krystal. I…just had some bad experience with Jaejoong, lately."

"You can tell me, Unnie! I promise I won't tell anyone!" Krystal said boldly. Jessica glanced at Krystal. Then, she looked back at her phone. Her phone wasn't low on battery at all. In fact, it was all charged up. Jessica heaved a stressful sigh.

"Alright, I'll tell you. You know…"

 

"My gosh, that girl is so hard to handle with," Jaejoong grumbled. He was heading his way back to his office until he saw the vending machine. He smacked his hand against his forehead. Then, he realized that he had a bottle of water and a can of coffee in his hands.

Shoot, I forgot to give Changmin his water bottle, Jaejoong thought. I even forgot to get a drink for Jessica since I was so caught up with my chat with Yoona! Gah!

"This is probably the worst day of my life," he grunted.

 

"Unnie, I can't believe you. Maybe that girl was Jaejoong's younger sister," Krystal pointed out, scoffing when she finished hearing all of Jessica's complaints about Jaejoong. Jessica shook her head and chewed on her handkerchief.

"Impossible," Jessica said. "Those two do not look alike."

"Cousins?"

"No. Jaejoong doesn't have any cousins. I researched it."

"Jaejoong's secretary's sister?" 

"Doubt it. Those two still don't look a like."

"Maybe she's just another worker in the same company!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Then he's probably cheating on me," Jessica mumbled. Krystal heaved a sigh. She leaned towards the driver and whispered something in his ears. The driver grinned and nodded as he turned the car around. Jessica's eyes widened.

"W-What…Driver, you're heading to the wrong direction! Other way, other way! U-turn, U-turn!" Jessica shouted. 

"Uh, Unnie, I…I left something in the business building," Krystal lied. "So I told him that we should go back.

"No! We can call the company to bring whatever you left back," Jessica snapped.

"But Unnie! It's my phone! I really need it!" Krystal complained. Jessica shot her sister a cold glare.

"You have five more phones at home. Plus, you can borrow one of mine," Jessica hissed.

"Uh…it's my special phone…?" Krystal said, trying to hide her questioning tone. Fortunately, Jessica did not hear Krystal's strange tone. She blew her bangs and crossed her arms.

"Fine! Let's get your stupid phone," Jessica muttered. Krystal clapped her hands with glee as she pointed in the front. 

"Full speed ahead, please!"