Agreed

Business Engagement

Before you guys read, the grey parts are the flashbacks, if you didn't know. :)


“Gah!” Jaejoong shouted, kicking a lumpy, gray rock. Jessica stared at Jaejoong, sitting on the bench nearby. She watched Jaejoong scream and shout, kicking the same rock over and over again. Suddenly, she sneezed and rubbed her bare arms that already had goose-bumps.

“Jaejoong-ssi, I’m cold…” Jessica said, shivering a bit. The night was as dark as a black cat. People would barely be able to see a thing by this time of the night. However, the bright, ghosty moon and little drops of stars decorated the dark sky, sparkling it with light.

Jaejoong stared at Jessica, who had just sneezed. He, too, was cold, but he knew that he had to hand over his coat over to her like a gentleman. He sighed and took off his black jacket and handed it to Jessica. Jessica looked up at Jaejoong, who was facing away from her.

“Well?” Jaejoong said, still looking away.

“What is this?” Jessica questioned, staring at Jaejoong’s jacket. Jaejoong faced her and raised an eyebrow.

“It’s a jacket, duh.”

“I know it’s a jacket, you dumbo!” Jessica snapped. “I’m just asking why you’re handing it to me. It’s really cold, anyways…”

For a moment, Jaejoong stared at Jessica. She’s exactly like Yoona.

 

“Achoo!” a girl with large, doe-like eyes sneezed. She was sitting on the stone bench, waiting for the bus. Jaejoong blinked for a moment, and hesitated. He knew he had to give his jacket to the girl, but how was he supposed to? They were strangers! 

After a while, he took off his thick, brown coat and handed it to the pale girl. The girl stared at Jaejoong’s jacket for a moment.

“What is this?” she asked softly.

“It’s a jacket, duh,” Jaejoong said, rolling his eyes.

“I know it’s a jacket, you dumbo!” the girl snapped. “I’m just asking you why you’re handing it to me. It’s really cold, anyways…”

Jaejoong stared at the girl. Then, he broke into a smirk and chuckled a bit.

“What’s your name?” he questioned, as he wrapped the coat around the girl’s shoulders. The girl rubbed her hand as she shyly looked down at her lap.

“I-Im Yoona…” she answered.

 

“What’s your name?” Jaejoong whispered, noticing that the scene was awfully familiar.

“What are you talking about? Stop talking to yourself, Jaejoong. Sheesh, you’re so weird,” Jessica mumbled, making Jaejoong snap out of his memories. Jaejoong stared at his coat. Then, he overlapped Jessica’s pale skin with his warm coat. Jessica looked shocked.

“W-What…”

“What’s your name?” Jaejoong questioned, as he sat next to Jessica. Jessica stared weirdly at Jaejoong.

“Jaejoong-ssi, do you have amnesia?”

“Just go along with it.”

“But how am I supposed to if you already know my name?”

“Pretend.”

“Pretend what?” 

“Pretend that…Oh, never mind!” Jaejoong grumbled, giving up after trying to bring the sweet memory back. 

I knew it, Jaejoong thought, a bit depressed. Jessica and Yoona are just too different. It’s only the same scene, that’s it.

Silence filled the atmosphere awkwardly, as the two refused to look at each other. Jessica’s fingers gripped onto the brim of jacket tightly. She pressed her lips into a thin line and shut her eyes tightly.

“J-Jung Jessica!” Jessica shouted out of the blue. Jaejoong stared at Jessica strangely.

“What?”

“M-My name is Jung Jessica!” Jessica said, her cheeks turning faintly red. She glared at Jaejoong coldly, sending him chills on his spine. “Are you happy?”

Jaejoong kept silent. Then, he broke into a grin.

“Hey Jessica. I’m Jaejoong.,” Jaejoong said, sticking his hand out. Jessica sent out a chilly sigh and shook Jaejoong’s hand. After a while, their conversation became quiet again.

“…Are we done?” Jessica questioned. 

“What? No, of course not. We have to get to know each other,” Jaejoong said, laughing.

“This is stupid,” Jessica grumbled, getting up, “I’m going back to the restaurant.”

As Jessica walked away, Jaejoong blinked. Just when he thought that Jessica was going to cooperate with him, she failed to do so. 

I guess I kept my hopes up too high, Jaejoong thought, chuckling as he began to follow Jessica.

“Ya, you have my jacket! YA! Come back!…”

 

When Jessica and Jaejoong entered the restaurant, the two were laughing and smiling and arguing about the jacket. The two didn’t notice that their parents were staring at them. They were quite shocked to see how close and fast their relationship had developed. Jessica stopped laughing right when she met their proud parent’s eyes. She cleared and glanced at Jaejoong, sending him a serious look. 

“What?” he questioned, noticing the cold look in her eyes.

“I don’t know, you ask me,” Jessica replied bitterly. Jaejoong widened his eyes.

“What did I do? I didn’t even say a word or–”

“Save it,” Jessica snapped. “I know that you just want to play with my feelings. Oh, I should’ve known what a player you were.”

Jaejoong, at first, was surprised with Jessica’s sudden attitude. Then, he noticed how Jessica glanced at their parents. He soon got the message that Jessica wanted him to go along with the act so that their parents wouldn’t be suspicious of their new relationship. He broke into a grin and laughed. 

“What’s so funny?” Jessica asked, feeling insecure. Jaejoong his lips and shook his head.

“Ah, nothing. Sit down,” Jaejoong said, pulling out Jessica’s chair. Jessica smiled a bit as she took a seat. When she got comfortable, she noticed that Jaejoong had already taken his seat, too. Jaejoong looked at his mother and Jessica’s parents.

“Mrs. Jung, Mr. Jung, and Omonim, I would gladly accept to be Jessica’s future fiancé…”

 

Changmin groaned as he rubbed his sleepy eyes. He poked his fork through a piece of orange chicken and bit into it. As he chewed, he noticed that it was only 11:30 P.M. Fortunately, he was less than half the stack of papers away. As he reread a certain document, he scratched his head with his pencil.

“Strange…I never heard of us advertising a new product,” Changmin mumbled, flipping the thick pages. He sighed as he signed Jaejoong’s signature perfectly on the line. 

“Well, Jaejoong just told me to sign everything. I don’t get why I’m even reading this,” he chuckled, as he neatly tossed the paper to the side.