Suspicion

Business Engagement

When Jessica woke up in the morning, the first thing she noticed was Changmin, who was sleeping comfortably on Yoona's bed. Jessica almost screamed, but she shook Jaejoong to wake up. Jaejoong moaned and turned his body.

"What?" Jaejoong asked in an annoyed tone.

"Ya! Get up, you lazy panda! Look!" Jessica urged, poking Jaejoong's ribs. Jaejoong groaned and drowsily sat up. Her looked at the direction Jessica was pointing at. For a second, his vision was blurry. However, when his vision cleared up, he literally screamed.

"AH!!!" Jaejoong screamed, pointing at Changmin and Yoona. The two woke up, groaning. Jaejoong grabbed his pillow and threw it at Changmin's head. "YOU ERTS! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SLEEPING ON THE COUCH, CHANGMIN! WHY ARE YOU HERE AT YOONA'S BED? AND YOONA, WHY ARE YOU HUGGING CHANGMIN'S HEAD?"

Yoona glanced at where her hands were. It was just Changmin's head she was holding onto. No big deal. After she slowly realized that her thumbs were on Changmin's lips, she became alerted and quickly sat up. Her face was as red as the roses on the desk. Changmin, who was still numb and tired, waved his hand.

"Sh, sh! Let me get some sleep! We have a long day tomorrow, and I want to sleep all day today," Changmin mumbled.

"You have something planned for us?" Jaejoong asked, frowning.

"The commercial, remember?" Changmin reminded him.

Jessica's eyes widened. "Mwoh?! It's tomorrow?"

"It's no big deal. We just have to arrive there at sunset, do the kiss scene, and film our individual parts…" Changmin paused for a moment.

Kiss scene. Kiss scene. Kiss scene. His eyes shot wide open as he scrambled up on his feet. He pointed at Jessica with shock written all over his face.

"Kiss scene! Kiss scene! You and I…Jessica and me…Kiss scene!" Changmin began to speak nonsense, but there were two words that could be heard clearly: Kiss scene.

Jaejoong frowned and stared at Changmin's crimson-red cheeks. He unknowingly clenched a fist and cocked his head. 

"Why are you blushing so much, Changmin?" Jaejoong asked curiously. There was a hint of suspicion in his voice, and Yoona was the only one who noticed. Changmin blushed even harder and glanced at Jessica. His eyes automatically rolled to her pink lips. Changmin's heart began to race, and he swore that his heart would sleep out of his chest. He quickly shook his head and rubbed his forehead. "N-Nothing. Listen, I want to be alone for today," Changmin said, stuttering a bit. He glanced at Jessica's deep, brown eyes and blushed again. He looked away and stared down at his shoes. "Excuse me."

He began to walk away back to the couch to get his clothes. Jaejoong's eyes keenly watched every move Changmin made until he disappeared into the restroom. He heaved a sigh and glanced at Jessica, who seemed dumbfounded and confused. 

"Hey Jessica…Why don't we spend some time together? You know, just for fun?" Jaejoong suggested. Jessica's cheeks immediately flushed.

"Y-You mean like a date?" Jessica uttered. Jaejoong gave her a weak grin.

"Yep, like a date," Jaejoong agreed. He glanced back at the restroom door and glared at it. He was going to make sure to spend as much time with Jessica today. After all, his secretary did need some alone time.

Yoona stared at the two in disbelief. Am I being ignored again?

 

"Damn it," Jaejoong muttered under his breath. He was at the front lobby, wondering what he should do. Jessica was going to come down in a few minutes, asking him where they would be going. Since Jaejoong didn't know his English very well and anything about Hawaii, he had no idea where to go for a date.

If we were in Korea, it would be much easier, Jaejoong thought, scratching his head. Right now, he need some help from Changmin. The scene from what happened earlier with Changmin staring and blushing at Jessica popped into Jaejoong's head. He shook his head. There simply couldn't be anything going between Changmin and Jessica, right? Jaejoong can ask Changmin for some advice, right?

Wrong. Jaejoong was just too suspicious of Changmin.

"Sorry I'm late. I couldn't find the right clothing to wear," a familiar voice said. Jaejoong turned around, startled by the sudden apology. He literally dropped his mouth and felt his knees turn to jelly. There was Jessica, who was simply dressed in a pink Hawaiian dress with yellow Hawaiian flower pattern. He didn't know why Jessica looked so stunning in his eyes.

It's just a dress, Jaejoong told himself. No need to panic.

However, his heart pounded against his chest, begging to say something back to Jessica. He parted his lips to compliment her, but nothing came out. He was just too dazed with the simply dress that could make Jessica sparkle.

"Do you think this is okay? I wanted to ask Changmin, but he was gone. I tried asking for Yoona, but I don't trust her," Jessica muttered coldly. Jaejoong gulped and his dry lips.

"Y-You look fine. C-Come on. I…I found this awesome place where we can hang out," Jaejoong lied. 

What awesome place, Jaejoong? The hotel? he scolded himself. Jessica flashed him a grin.

"Really? Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Jessica exclaimed. She ran ahead of Jaejoong, excited for their date in Hawaii. Jaejoong's smile disappeared as she stared at Jessica's back. Even though her dress had straps, the back of the dress covered only half of Jessica's back. Quickly, Jaejoong followed right behind Jessica. He almost tried to put his arms around her shoulder, but hesitated, thinking that Jessica would feel awkward.

"Hey, can you tell me where we're going?" Jessica asked. Jaejoong paused for a moment. He gave her a weak smile and put his index finger over his lips.

"It's a secret," he lied. Jessica pouted, but then brightened up into a smile. "Okay! I love secrets!" she giggled. Jaejoong bit his tongue and faked a smile.

Great! Where to, Jaejoong? he thought to himself.