A Little Quarrel

Business Engagement

Jessica took a deep breath after splashing her face with water. She cleaned her makeup with a baby wipe she had in her bag. She reached into her expensive bag to pull out her makeup kit, but realized that she had left her makeup kit in Jaejoong's car. She sighed.

Hopefully Changmin isn't outside, waiting for me. I hate to see people look at me without my makeup on, Jessica thought. She sighed and peaked out of the bathroom, making sure that no one was around her. Business man and woman were walking along, not caring about the fragile girl. Jessica smiled, as she tiptoed her way to the entrance of the building.

 

"Finally!" Jaejoong exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "Gosh, this bus is so stuffy!" He ran out of the bus as fast as he could. He took out his phone and pressed a number for speed dial. "Come on Changmin, pick up!"

"We're sorry, but…" the voicemail spoke slowly, as Jaejoong dropped his mouth. He hung up and looked up at his building.

"Ugh! Changmin, you better be with Jessica when I see you," Jaejoong grumbled. That was when he saw a blonde girl quickly rushing to Jaejoong's car. 

Wait.

"My car!" Jaejoong exclaimed, running up to his car. If the familiar blonde-haired girl was approaching Jaejoong's car, that only meant one thing. Jaejoong looked up and almost glared at the woman. "Jung Jessica, is that you?"

Jessica froze, as her jaws tightened.

Shoot.

She quickly turned around before she could hear Jaejoong say another word. She quickly ran away from Jaejoong, not noticing that Jaejoong was running up to her.

"Ya…Ya!" Jaejoong grabbed Jessica by her shirt. Jessica almost choked when Jaejoong turned her around forcefully. Jaejoong stared at Jessica, shocked. She looked clearly different with makeup and without makeup on. She quickly covered her face with her hands.

"G-Get away from me!" Jessica exclaimed, pulling herself away from Jaejoong. "I-I don't know you!"

"Jessica…"

"W-Who's Jessica? Get away from me you stranger!" Jessica demanded.

"Jessica, you're the only girl who wears blonde hair for crying out loud! Who wears blonde hair? Uh, you." Jaejoong answered himself before Jessica could say a word. Jessica cringed.

Oh shoot, I'm dead, Jessica thought.

"You know I can sue you for stealing my car," Jaejoong mentioned. "You can be put in jail. I can live a happy life with Yoona and–"

"Yoona, Yoona, Yoona," Jessica spat, annoyed. She turned around, facing Jaejoong with her bare face. "I'm sick of you talking to and about other girls! Why can't you look at me for once, huh? Just me!"

Jaeoong stood still, not because he was dumbfounded, but he was mesmerized by Jessica's face. He truly–deeply in his heart–believed that Jessica looked dazzling without makeup.

Why cover that beautiful face with makeup? Jaejoong wondered. He must've said it aloud, becuase he spotted Jessica blushing. Heat rose up to Jessica's cheek, as she faced away from Jaejoong's intense gaze. She felt pressure as Jaejoong contitunued to stare at her, stunned.

"S-Shut up," Jessica stuttered. "S-Stop staring at me like that! Y-You…You ert."

Jaejoong snapped out of his thoughts and narrowed his eyes at Jessica. Well, she's pretty in the outside, but she's surely not pretty in the inside.

"ert? How am I a ert? You're a erted person, running to Changmin when you ran away–" Jaejoong stopped as he covered his mouth. Jessica stared at Jaejoong suspiciously with an eyebrow raised up.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say?" Jessica asked, putting her hands on her hips. She no longer cared about showing her face to her fiancé. Her attention was focused on what Jaejoong just said. 

"Nothing. I said nothing," Jaejoong said quickly. Yeah, what a good lie. Really, Jaejoong? Is that all you can come up with?

"Mhm. I'm sure I heard something. Something about me being a…ert…?" Jessica continued to give Jaejoong an intense gaze. Jaejoong bit his bottom lips.

"I…Hey, wait a minute! Let's go back to topic," Jaejoong protested.

"What? We are in the same topic," Jessica replied, frowning. 

"No! The topic was about you running away, not about ertness," Jaejoong replied. Jessica groaned.

"Jaejoong! Are you really trying to chagne the topic?" Jessica asked, frowning. Jaejoong shook his head.

"No, no! We are in a different topic!"

"We've been in the same topic!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Liar!"

"Me? A liar? Puh-lease!"

"Nice to see you guys having a little fight." A voice interrupted them. Jessica and Jaejoong turned around, only to find Changmin standing there, holding a bottle of water. Jessica blushed, as Jaejoong stared at Changmin in embarrassment.

"C-Changmin! How long have you been there?" Jaejoong stuttered, scowling at Changmin.

"From the beginning of the conversation about ertness to the end," Changmin responded, tossing the water bottle to Jessica. "Here."

"Oh, um…thanks," Jessica thanked quietly, glancing at Changmin. Changmin just smirked, as he turned to Jaejoong.

"So…"

 

When Yoona woke up, she found no one in the room. Not even a sound was heard. Yoona slowly got up from the couch, rubbing her tired eyes. She looked around her, trying to see where Changmin went. He was nowhere to be found. She sighed and looked around. The room looked exactly how it was before Yoona had slept.

She made her way the the window the brighten up the room. When she pulled the white curtains opened, a small scene caught her eyes. There was Changmin with Jaejoong and Jessica. Yoona frowned.

What's Changmin doing down there? she wondered. Suddenly, she spotted Changmin tossing something shiny at Jessica. Jessica frantically caught it, as barely moved. Jaejoong looked annoyed, but more like he was embarrassed. Yoona frowned, scrunching her eyebrows together.

Suddenly, Yoona's heart skipped a beat. She caught the sight of Changmin give a smirk. A smirk to Jessica. Heat rose in Yoona's cheeks as she stared at Changmin and Jessica. Not only did Yoona's heart skip, but she suddenly felt as if she had butterflies in her stomach. She felt sick, ill, as she replayed the scene of Changmin smirking towards Jessica. She bit her bottom lips softly, and quickly looked away.

She did not want to see anymore. She didn't even wonder why her attention was focused on Changmin instead of Jaejoong. All she knew that Changmin had smirked to Jessica, and she didn't like it one bit.

Jealousy was starting to take its place.