In Love With Jessica?!

Business Engagement

Jessica found Changmin at the lobby. She was about to approach him with a smile, but then noticed how concerned and stressed out his face was. He was holding his phone, gripping it tightly as if he just wanted to throw it into a pool of ocean. She slowly approached him with cautious steps.

"Hey Changmin, are you okay?" Jessica asked. Changmin looked up and then smiled a bit.

"Oh, yeah. Er, I guess," Changmin mumbled. He suddenly heaved a sigh and ran his hand through his hair. "It's just that the…model who was supposed to be here decided not to come. Actually, the model was too busy, and so she couldn't come. I tried calling other models from Yoona's company, but they all seemed to be occupied. Weird, huh?"

"Definitely weird," Jessica agreed. She paused for a moment, and then asked, "Do you want me to be the model? I mean, I know that I'm not good looking and all, but it's for Jaejoong."

Changmin stared at Jessica. "You love him, huh?"

Jessica's face heated with embarrassment. "I do not!" she denied. "I just said that it was for Jaejoong! Gosh, boys are so weird."

Instead of pressuring Jessica to admit her feelings, Changmin just chuckled. He smiled and then shyly looked away.

"Well, I don't know. I mean, Jaejoong could get angry if you're the model," Changmin mumbled.

"Why?" Jessica asked. Her eyes suddenly began to shine. "Did he talk about me?"

"No, no! It's just…well…I'm part of the commercial, and…" Changmin paused and stared at Jessica for a second. Then, he quietly said, "There's a kiss scene."

Jessica's eyes widened, bewildered by what the man had just said. "A kiss scene?! In a commercial?! Why?"

Changmin fiddled with his fingers. "W-Well…It'd attract tones of people. Didn't Jaejoong tell you what the commercial would be about?"

"N-No, but I think he will," Jessica muttered. Changmin sighed and ran his fingers through his hair again.

"The commercial goes like this: The man approaches a girl, but the girl runs away. He uses the BB cream and then the girl comes back, wanting to kiss him. Basically, the commercial would be saying that if you buy this cream, then it'll make you loved," Changmin explained. His cheeks were red the whole time, as Jessica looked down at her shoes with a blush on her face. Jessica opened to say something, but then quickly closed her lips.

"Pft. I could've done a better commercial then that," Jessica muttered. Changmin's eyes widened.

"Mwoh?! Look, it took me ages to think of such a brilliant idea!" Changmin protested.

"Yeah, but your 'brilliant idea' is very common. I hate it," Jessica pointed out.

"B-But…S-Still!" Changmin was outraged by Jessica's comment. 

"See? This is why I should've been Jaejoong's secretary. My idea would've been more better, compared to yours." Jessica smirked at Changmin as he stared at her with his jaws wide open.

Is she serious? Is she really serious? he wondered. Jessica suddenly began to walk around Changmin, encircling him in her path.

"My commercial," Jessica started, "would not have a kiss scene. Without the kiss scene, the models can be more comfortable with each other. My commercial would have a simple background instead of the beach like here in Hawaii. My commercial would have elegant effects that make the BB Cream look like the effect was real. My commercial would want to make people watch it over and over again, begging to buy the product. My commercial would have famous stars so that fans can buy the product to help the stars." Jessica paused and stopped walking when she was in front of Changmin. She turned to him and smirked slyly. "See the difference?"

Changmin suddenly felt a knot of envy in his stomach. He was speechless. Jessica's idea was much better compared to his. For a second, he began to regret thinking of such a common idea almost everyone would use. He meekly nodded his head in reply, as Jessica sighed.

"It's a pity how my ideas are so much better than yours," Jessica sighed. Changmin glared at her.

"Then why didn't you tell me that idea before I created my idea?" Changmin asked angrily. 

"Simple, I just figured it out right now," Jessica giggled. Changmin suddenly scowled.

"You're trying to make me feel guilt of being Jaejoong's uncreative secretary, aren't you? I told you, Jaejoong won't replace me with you," Changmin mumbled. Jessica stared at Changmin for a second, and then frowned.

"I hate it when you act so smart as if you know everything," Jessica grunted. Changmin's face immediately brightened.

"So are you going to really take the job?" he asked. Jessica glanced at Changmin, and then shrugged.

"Maybe. I don't know, it's your idea," Jessica replied. She walked away to make sure that Yoona wasn't flirting with Jaejoong in their room. Changmin stood in the hotel lobby alone and watched Jessica skip away. For a strange reason, he saw some sort of glow in Jessica, just like the glow he had seen when he first met Yoona. 

"This can't be…I can't…I'm not falling for the boss's wife, am I?" Changmin muttered to himself. 

What he didn't know that a pair of jealous, brown eye was watching him. Yoona continued to hide herself and camouflaged into the crowd, hoping that Changmin wouldn't notice that she had spied on him. She heard every single detail of their conversation, including what Changmin had just muttered.

Yes, Yoona thought, smirking. Fall in love. Fall in love with Jessica so that Jaejoong could be mine.

Though her smirk showed pride and greed, her eyes watered as a pang of jealousy and pain shot through her heart.