Sleeping on Sundays

Business Engagement

The next day, it was Sunday. Jaejoong was at home, sleeping and snoring softly on his comfy, white bed. He did not have to go to work, or sign any paper. Sunday was his free day, and boy, did he love Sunday. He rubbed his cheeks against his pillow, his eyes closed. He slept like a baby, despise his disturbing snores. When he thought that he would be sleeping the whole day today, he wished that he didn't think such a think.

"Wake up, sleepy head!" a loud voice said, kicking Jaejoong's bottom. Jaejoong groaned, thinking that it was his mother trying to wake him up.

"Omonim, you know it's Sunday!" Jaejoong complained. "Let me sleep today!"

"Aish…YAH. Jaejoong, do you think that I'm your mother?" the voice questioned. Jaejoong gasped, recognizing who that voice was. He quickly sat up, his eyes wide open.

"J-Jessica…What the heck? How did you get here?" Jaejoong shouted. 

"Your mom let me in, dumbo," Jessica said, rolling her eyes. "It's not like I have spare keys or something."

Jaejoong frowned. "Are you always going to barge into my room every day?"

"No, it's only for today. I was told to get some files and information about the wedding from your mom, but your mom told me to wake you up," Jessica explained. Jaejoong bit his bottom lips as Jessica turned around and examined Jaejoong's room.

"Oh yeah," Jaejoong mumbled. "We're getting married."

"Did you already forget?" Jessica asked, giggling.

"No," Jaejoong replied. "I remembered. It's just that… a lot of things have been on my mind and I almost forgot that you were my fiancée."

Jessica gave him a weak smile. "Yeah, I almost forgot until this morning. Mm…did you get a call from Changmin about how dinner went with Yoona?"

"Kind of," Jaejoong replied, rubbing his nape. "I didn't really call him, nor did he call me. I just have the feeling that the date went well."

"You can't just jump into conclusions, Jaejoong."

"I'm not. I'm just predicting," Jaejoong replied, breaking into a grin. Jessica giggled and rolled her eyes until Jaejoong's mother came inside. She smiled warmly at Jessica and Jaejoong.

"I see you two are getting along," Jaejoong's mother said.

"Omonim, don't jump into conclu–"

"Yes, we are," Jessica interrupted, answering Jaejoong's mother's question. Jaejoong dropped his mouth open, trying to point out the fact that Jessica was jumping to conclusions.

"How wonderful!" his mother cried. "I'm so glad that you two are getting so along! Hopefully, the marriage topic will be easier to handle now, hm?"

"Yes ma'am," Jessica answered, flashing her white, pearly teeth. Jaejoong's mother handed Jessica a thick, black folder, which probably had more than a dozen paper about the wedding.

"Give this to your father," his mother ordered. "He will either agree, amend, or talk over this with you or your mother. If your father has any question, please tell him to give me a call."

"Yes, Mrs. Kim," Jessica replied. She glanced at Jaejoong for a second, and then smiled. "Bye Jae."

Jaejoong stared at Jessica in confusion. Jae? Since when did she call me Jae?

"Bye Sica…" Jaejoong replied. Jessica walked away, flipping her hair and keeping up a smile. Once Jessica left, Jaejoong's mother squealed like a little fangirl, even though she was around 30-40 years old.

"Nicknames!" his mother squealed. "You two are calling each other nicknames! Oh, how cute!"

"Omonim–"

"I must report this to Jessica's parents! They would love to hear this!"

"Uh, Omonim–"

"She called you Jae! You called her Sica! Omo, omo! This wedding will turn out better than I had expected!" 

"Omonim!"

Jaejoong's mother turned to Jaejoong. "Eh, what?"

"It's not an affectionate nickname," Jaejoong informed. "It's just a shorty name we call each other."

His mother smirked and waved her hand like she didn't care. "Okay, okay, whatever you say, Jaejoong…"

 

"Appa, I'm home!" Jessica yelled. Her voice echoed through the large room, as her parents came down the long stairs. Mrs. Jung smiled warmly at Jessica.

"Did you get to see Jaejoong?" Mrs. Jung asked. "Or was he at work?"

"I got to see him. He was snoring and sleeping on his bed. I guess he has no work on Sunday," Jessica replied, handing the black folder to Mr. Jung. "Appa, here's the folder you wanted."

Mr. Jung smiled proudly at his daughter. "Kya~My little girl is all grown-up!"

"Say that when I'm married, Appa," Jessica replied, grinning.

"I thought I was your little girl!" Krystal complained.

"Of course you are!" Mr. Jung exclaimed, walking up to his youngest daughter. "But you're my little sweet pie."

"That's what you said to me when you wanted me to get that folder from Jaejoong's mother last night," Jessica said aloud, making sure that Krystal heard what she said clearly. Krystal shot Jessica a glare.

"Unnie! You didn't need to say that! You could've left me thinking that I was Appa's sweet pie!" Krystal complained, scrunching her nose.

"Too bad, I already said it," Jessica smirked. When Krystal was about to jump on Jessica, Mrs. Jung pulled Krystal away.

"Krystal, dear," Mrs. Jung started. "Jessica's getting married soon, and we don't want to get her nervous right?"

"Yes, and so therefore, that means that I can boss you around," Jessica stated proudly to Krystal.

Krystal glared at Jessica. "YAH!"

"Jessica!" Mr. Jung scolded sharply. Jessica rolled her eyes as she began to walk up the stairs.

"Well, I'm going upstairs. It's Sunday, and that's my sleeping day," Jessica said. As she walked towards her room, Krystal rolled her eyes to her parents.

"Well, at least the couple has some kind of thing they have in common," Krystal mumbled. "They both love to sleep on Sundays."


A/N: No Changyoon today, just a chapter that focuses between Jaejoong and Jessica. :) Hope you guys aren't too disappointed, though. I promise that there'll be Changyoon tomorrow, though, so don't worry. :)