Their Bitter Argument

Business Engagement

"Hey Jaejoong, want to go get something to eat?" Jessica asked. It's been already a week since the match-making even between Yoona and Taecyeon, and to Jessica's shock, they were still meeting up to get to know each other. Changmin would asked Jessica to come with him so that he could spy on the two with someone to accompany him, but Jessica wanted to eat lunch with Jaejoong.

Jaejoong ignored Jessica and scribbled something on a contract. Jessica slightly pouted as she hopped off of Jaejoong's desk. She took a seat across from him and folded her hand as she watched Jaejoong work with a serious expression. She slightly smiled and felt her cheeks burn up.

He looks cute when he's working, she thought. She quietly giggled to herself until Jaejoong gave her a cold, bitter look. She gulped and widened her eyes.

"Quiet. I'm working," Jaejoong said. Jessica quickly apologized and Jaejoong rolled his eyes. She quickly sealed her lips and looked around the room.

"Jaejoong…"

"What."

"…Nothing," Jessica replied quickly. She sighed, got up, and decided to sit on the couch. She puffed her cheeks and examined the room. Glancing at Jaejoong, she frowned. He's not acting like his usual self.

"You're still here?" Jaejoong asked, groaning. Jessica's eyes slightly widened as she met Jaejoong's dark gaze.

"W-Well, yeah. I mean, I was going to ask you if you wanted to eat–"

"Can't you see that I'm busy." It was clearly not a question. It was more like he was annoyed with her and just said that to get rid of her. Jessica frowned.

"What's wrong, Jaejoong?" Jessica asked.

"Nothing."

"Then can we go eat lunch?"

"Go eat with Changmin."

"…Excuse me?" Jessica blinked her eyes and stared at Jaejoong. At that moment, she was wondering what was going with his head.

"I said go eat with Changmin. I have better girls to hang around with than you," Jaejoong lied. Jessica bit her tongue and got up. Anger boiled in her veins as she stormed to the door.

"Fine! If that's what you want, I'll cancel our wedding!" Jessica shouted.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine! Just get out of here before I see your disgusting face again!" Jaejoong yelled. "I only treated you nicely because my mother wanted me to marry you. I was always against our marriage in the beginning!"

Those words stabbed Jessica's heart. She bit her bottom lips hard and felt tears swelling up in her eyes. She turned away and gulped quietly.

"You should've said those words sooner," Jessica muttered. She slammed the door behind her hard, causing Jaejoong to flinch. He glared at the door, and quickly tried to focus on the stack of paper he had to his right. He scribbled his signature on one contract and flipped it over to sign again. After a few minutes, he groaned loudly and flung his pencil across the room. He ran his fingers through his hair and gritted his teeth.

What the heck am I saying to Jessica? he wondered. Deep inside his heart, he hoped that Jessica wasn't serious about canceling their engagement.

 

Jessica stormed out of the office and decided to eat lunch without him. She was obviously upset with Jaejoong's harsh words. She bitterly gritted her teeth and checked her phone when she was inside her car.

"So you want me to eat with Changmin, you say?" Jessica muttered coldly. She quickly speed-dialed Changmin's number and narrowed her eyes as her fingers gripped on the wheel. "Fine! I'll do exactly that!"

"I only treated you nicely because my mother wanted me to marry you."

Deep in Jessica's heart, she prayed that Jaejoong was just a bit too moody and blurted out lies to cool himself down.

 

Changmin loudly gasped when he got a call from Jessica. He had accidentally put the volume too high, causing many people to turn and stare at him. Fortunately, Yoona and Taecyeon, who were only a few feet away, ignored Changmin and his phone. Changmin quickly accepted the call and slipped on his black shades.

"Aish…What do you want now?" Changmin grumbled.

"Eat lunch with me," Jessica replied. "I'll send you a text about where the restaurant is located."

"W-Wait! What…" Before Changmin could continue, Jessica already hung up on him. He sighed, and tried to call back Jessica. Instead of Jessica picking up her phone, she sent him a text about the restaurant's address. Changmin scoffed and widened his eyes.

Whatever happened to eating lunch with Jaejoong? Changmin wondered, frowning. Nevertheless, he was going to meet up with Jessica at the restaurant.

Besides, he hadn't eaten breakfast since morning.