Hurt You the Most

Business Engagement

Changmin, Jaejoong, and Jessica laughed at Jaejoong's common, but hilarious joke. Changmin quickly held up his index finger and pressed it against his lips when they arrived in front of Jaejoong's office room.

"You guys have to be quiet," Changmin warned. "Yoona's sleeping. She's had a…" Changmin quickly glanced at Jaejoong and smiled at the couple. "…a tough day, you can say."

When Changmin opened the door, he gasped. Yoona was standing right in front of him, and she didn't look a bit happy. She tapped her foot impatiently and almost glared at Changmin.

"You're late," Yoona snapped rudely. "Plus, you didn't even think of leaving a note?!"

"I-I-I–"

"Look, if I hadn't waited, then I would've went home, thinking that you ditched me. How could you just leave me alone in the couch, snoring away like that?" Yoona yelled. Jessica poked her head behind Changmin's back.

"You snore?" she asked, shocked. Yoona glared at Jessica.

"If it isn't obvious, Sherlock, everyone snores."

"Yoona, I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have made Jessica angry in the first place," Jaejoong confessed, stepping in for Changmin. Yoona's heart stopped, as she stared at Jaejoong. She forced a smile at Jaejoong and grabbed his arm.

"It's okay, Oppa!" Yoona exclaimed, changing the tone of her voice. "I know it isn't your fault. Really, it isn't. I know for the fact that Changmin just ditched me for a few seconds. Besides, I shouldn't have slept. I mean, me? Sleep? How embarrassing. I'm wasting time!" Yoona continued to trail off, leaving Jessica and Changmin dumbfounded.

"She's at it again?" Changmin whispered to Jessica. He covered his mouth with his hand. "I thought she gave up after Jaejoong made her cry."

"Wait?! She cried?" Jessica quietly exclaimed. Changmin nodded his head, as Jessica snickered. Yoona, who noticed the two whispering, glared at them. She quickly turned to Jaejoong and smiled sweetly at him.

"Oppa! Don't you ever get jealous of Jessica and Changmin spending…well, I don't know, too much time together?" Yoona asked, pouting. Jaejoong turned to Changmin and Jessica who were smiling innocently. Jaejoong frowned and then shruged his shoulders.

"I don't know. I mean, they're only friends."

"Only friends?"

"Why? Are you jealous?" Jaejoong questioned her. Yoona froze. Jealous? She laughed at that question.

"Me? How can I be jealous? I just wished…well…" Yoona paused. What did she truly wish? She just smiled at Jaejoong and buried her face in his chest. "Well, I want to be with you."

The sentence that Yoona had said made the atmosphere awkward. Yoona herself was surprised at how much she struggled to say those words. Jessica clenched a fist, chewing her bottom lips angrily. 

How can she just flirt like that in front of me? Jessica wondered, staring at Yoona. How can she?

"Uh…I…" Jaejoong felt strange. He gave Yoona an uncomfortable smile. "I…Mhm, I missed you, too. Sorry I had to ditch you."

Yoona blinked. Uh…

"You know what?" Jessica announced loudly. "I think I left something in Jaejoong's car. Bye."

She turned around and took off, holding back her anger from punching someone. Jaejoong dropped his mouth and ran after Jessica without saying a goodbye. Changmin and Yoona were left alone, shocked and a bit confused. Then, Changmin almost glared at Yoona.

"How can you just flirt like that?" Changmin snapped. Yoona jumped and stared at Changmin with wide eyes. "You know that Jessica likes Jaejoong."

"Oh, really? I didn't know," Yoona replied innocently. 

"You should say sorry. I'm serious," Changmin said.

"Why should I? I told you, you two are nuisance. Get out of my life, jerks." Yoona stuck her tongue out meanly, and crossed her arms. Changmin made a fist, trying to prevent herself from hurting Yoona. He knew that he could never hurt Yoona, since he didn't want to ruin her beautiful face.

"Yoona, Jessica's important to me. Don't go on hurting her. She's a good friend," Changmin pleaded. "I don't care if you keep hurting me. Just don't hurt Jaejoong or Jessica's relationship."

Yoona frowned. "Jessica matters to you? She's important to you? Then why don't you just marry her, jerk? Then I can be with Jaejoong oppa."

Changmin was bewildered by Yoona's response. "I didn't mean it like that! I just meant that–"

"Save it." Yoona growled. "I do whatever I want to do, and I will assure you this, Changmin-ssi…" Yoona crept closer to Changmin, only inches away from his face. Changmin's eyes widened as he gulped nervously. His heart pounded against his chest quickly, and so did Yoona's. However, she decided to ignore her fast heartbeat. "…I will hurt you the most."