Working With the Enemy

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

             My mysterious caller didn’t call again and to be honest I couldn’t spare so much time thinking about whom it could be because I have so much more important things to think of, like the portfolio the president is asking me to make. Well, I have made it and I think I did a good job. I hope the president will approve of it.

 

          I packed my things early in the morning and went to the SM Entertainment building where I have to meet with the president and personally show it to him. I felt excited, even though it’s not the first time I am working on a big project, because it’s the first time I will work with Kpop artists. I am used with working on professional models and this whole new experience gives me excitement.

 

          “Is the president here already?” I asked the secretary when I arrived on the right floor.

 

          “Neh, he’s expecting you.” she nodded. “You can enter now.”

 

          “Kamsahamnida.” I said and opened the president’s office.

 

          He had his back on me as he sat on his swiveling chair. I waited patiently for him to acknowledge my presence for he is talking on the phone. He turned around and saw me standing in the middle of the office and motioned for me to sit down.

 

          “Annyeong.” he greeted me as he put down his phone.

 

          “Annyeong, sir.” I replied.

 

          He smiled at me. “Are the portfolios ready?”

 

          “Neh.” I nodded.

 

          “I’m quite impressed.” he laughed. “To be honest I have never imagined that you’ll be able to compile the portfolios in just three days when I know you’re working on three different groups.”

 

          “You gave me a deadline sir and I did my best.” I smiled.

          “Let’s see it then.” he said and I gave him the three portfolios.

 

          I waited as he scrutinized my work. I know that he’s studying every detail because I can see his eyebrows go up and down once in a while. He never said anything or even commented. I sat waiting without a slight feeling of nervousness unlike this morning because I kept repeating to myself that this will turn out good.

 

          Finally the president closed the portfolios and looked at me with an unreadable expression. I hate it when people do that, it makes me feel frustrated.

 

          “A job well done I must say.” he laughed and I smiled back at him.

 

          “Thank you, sir.” I said.

 

          “I shouldn’t be surprised because you’re one of Japan’s finest.” he mused. “I just wish you could stay here longer than three months. I’m sure you’ll find Korean fashion interesting too.”

 

          “We’ll see about that, sir.” is all I answered. Why does everyone kept insisting that I stay?

 

          He shrugged. “It’s your call. Anyway are you ready to work with SHINee and SUJU?”

 

          In SHINee, yes. But with SUJU? Aniyo. “Neh.”

 

          “That’s good.” he nodded approvingly. “I will take care of the clothes you have made and make sure they were properly done.”

 

          “I don’t want my work altered sir in any way.” I said seriously.

 

          “Of course, I’ll make sure that you see it before it will be used.” he assured me.

 

          “Kamsahamnida.” I smiled.

 

          “I’m afraid you won’t be seeing the SNSD until tomorrow because they were in New York right now.” the president explained. “Work with SUJU and SHINee at the moment because they both have shows.”

 

          “Arasso.” I nodded. “Er, where can I find them sir?”

 

          “SHINee is probably on the dance studio. That will be on the sixth floor.” he explained. “SUJU will be on their dorm room on the 18th floor.”

 

          “I’ll go now.” I said gathering my things.

 

          “Good luck.” he said as I closed the office door.

 

          Yes, I’ll definitely need that.

 

          I took the elevator and went down two floors. I can here the music even in the hallway so it’s easier to locate where the dance studio is. I was about to go there when I heard hurried footsteps. I turned around to see a young girl, maybe on her twenties, running towards me. She stopped in front of me trying to catch her breath.

 

          “Omo~ I’m glad I found you.” she said in a ragged breath.

 

          I smiled awkwardly. “Do I know you?”

 

          “Mianheyeo, Unnie.” she bowed. “Shin Seo Hyo imnida.”

 

          “Annyeong, Tae Hee imnida.” I said taking her hand.

 

          She straightened up. “I’m sent here by the president. He said that I should assist you.”

 

          “Oh right.” I said a little puzzled.                            

 

          “I’ll be helping you with their clothes. You can’t carry it for them, right?” she explained when I still looked lost.

 

          “Arasso.” I smiled.

 

          She jangled the keys in front of me. “These are the keys to the room where the artist’s performance clothes were stocked.”

 

          “I see.” I nodded. “I’ll be going to the dance studio to look for SHINee.”

 

          “Unnie, do you want me to open the clothes room now for you?” she smiles.

 

          I laughed. “Sure. Kamsa.”

 

          “Yosh~” Seo Hyo said and she was practically jumping up and down as she walks away.

 

          I followed where the music is coming from and I stopped when I saw the double doors of a room labeled ‘Dance Studio’. I looked inside and saw that they were busy rehearsing. I slipped in silently so that I won’t bother them. I stood in the corner and watched them as they dance their heart out. I smiled when I heard Key’s diva voice, I have never met anyone as diva as him.

 

          They all turned around as the song ended and made a dramatic pose. Of course Taemin is the first to notice me and he ran towards me his face delighted.

 

          “Noona!” Taemin called his arms already outstretched to hug me but stopped immediately.

 

          I frowned. “What’s wrong?”

 

          “I stink.” he said cutely with his nose crumpled.

 

          I laughed. “No you don’t.”

 

          “I smell like sweat.” he backed away. “Don’t get closer.”

 

          “When have you been so vain?” I laughed at him.

 

          He was about to answer when Key grabbed him. “Practice isn’t over yet.”

 

          “Aish~ hyung let’s take a break beside Tae Hee noona is here.” Taemin pouted.

 

          “Annyeong~” Minho and Jonghyun greeted me and I greeted them back.

 

          “Are you his girlfriend?” Onew asked but he was glaring at me.

 

          I shook my head. “Aniyo.”

 

          “How did you now her, maknae?” Key asked.

 

          What’s wrong with this two?

 

          “We’ve known each other since I was a boy.” Taemin explained. “We’re friends.”

 

          Key looked at me suspiciously. “Arasso.”

 

          “We should be nice to her.” Jonghyun said wiping his sweat.

 

          “Neh, neh.” Taemin nodded frantically. “Don’t scare her, hyung.”

 

          Minho tapped me in the shoulder. “Don’t mind Key and Onew they were just worried about Taemin.”

 

          “Worried?” I asked tilting my head to the side.

 

          He nodded. “Neh.”

 

          “You see, Taemin is our maknae.” Jonghyun explained. “They were worried that you’re his girlfriend.”

 

          “And you might hurt him.” Minho continued.

         

          I cannot help and I laughed out loud. Onew and Key definitely glared at me but I ignored them. I just keep on laughing as I turned to face the two of them.

 

          “I will never hurt Taemin.” I said.

 

          “Okay then.” Onew said.

 

          “We’re just checking.” Key said defensively and they walked away.

 

          I handed Taemin I towel as I shook my head. “Your hyungs are paranoid but at least they take care of you.”

 

          “Neh.” Taemin smiled. “Ah, why are you here noona?”

 

          “Oh I remember, you have to follow me.” I remembered. “I’ll show you the clothes you will wear on your comeback performance.”

 

          “Cool.” Taemin beamed. “I’ll call them.”

 

          “I’ll wait for you guys on the clothes room okay?” I said.

 

          ‘Neh, noona.” he nodded.

 

          I went out of the studio and retraced my step, my direction now towards the clothes room. I found the door opened and I saw Seo Hyo dancing around as she arranged the stack of clothes. I noticed that there were different racks labeled depending on which group the clothes are for. There were racks for SUJU, SHINee, SNSD, DBSK and a group I didn’t recognize, f(x).

 

          I cleared my throat. “Er, hi.”

 

          “Unnie.” she smiled. “Here are the clothes for SHINee.”

 

          I walked towards her. “Thanks for preparing it.”

 

          I checked the clothes and started picking the right clothes for the five members. I noticed that on their last performances that they don’t have the right clothes, some were just too over designed while some aren’t even matching.

 

          There was a knock on the door and the five of them entered. I asked them to wait for me on the couch on the far side of the room.

 

          “Annyeong oppa!” I heard Seo Hyo.

 

          “Annyeong.” they greeted her.

 

          Seo Hyo helped me carry the clothes as I hand them each of what they will wear.

 

          “Do you need anything unnie?” she asked.

 

          “Neh, can you call the Super Junior and ask them to come here?” I smiled.

 

          “Sure.” she nodded and laid down the clothes.

 

          “Don’t I look skinny here?” Jonghyun mused checking out the clothes.

 

          I turned to him. “Aniyo.”

 

          “Are these your creations?” Key asked. 

 

          “Aniyo. I just passed the portfolio of my designs today.” I replied.

 

          “When can we wear the clothes you designed, noona?” Taemin asked.

 

          I smiled. “Maybe on your next performance.”

 

          “Yay.” he beamed.

 

          “We should go and fix ourselves.” Key said and Onew nodded.

 

          “Neh, we stink.” Minho laughed.

 

          Jonghyun dragged Taemin, who doesn’t want to leave, towards the door. “You have to take a bath Taemin.”

 

          “Hyung, I’m still talking to noona.” Taemin complained.

 

          “You’ll see her any other time you want.” Jonghyun said. “We have a performance today.”

 

          “Will you be okay noona?” Taemin called after me before the door closed.

 

          I know that he’s asking something more than that. He was asking because in a few moments I will be seeing Kyuhyun again. I nodded. “Neh.”

 

          I felt the room grew small when the door closed. I sighed and turned to go the racks where the clothes of Super Junior where stacked. I rummaged the right clothes and laid them on the long table.

 

          “Anneyeonghaseyo~!!” Shindong greeted me energetically.

 

          “We are Super Junior.” Heechul, Sungmin and Ryeowook posed.

 

          I laughed they pronounced it like Shooper. “Annyeong~ you’re all energetic today.”

 

          “Neh, neh.” Donghae nodded.

 

          “Mianhe.” Leeteuk smiled. “They were excited.”

 

          “Jeongmal?” I laughed. “Wae?”

 

          “We’re going on an interview with MTV.” Yesung explained.

 

          “Wow.” I smiled avoiding Kyuhyun as he walked passed me. I hope my smile didn’t waver.

 

          “I love interviews.” Heechul said.

          “You don’t answer truthfully, hyung.” Kyuhyun said.

 

          “Mou?” Heechul asked indignantly. “How can you say that?”

 

          Kyuhyun shrugged. “I don’t know; you always have an answer.”

 

          “I think fast.” Heechul answered smirking.

 

          “Are these for us?” Siwon asked.

 

          I turned to him. “Neh. That one is for you.”

 

          “Sweet.” Eunhyuk said.

 

          “Yah~ Hyukkie lets change clothes.” Donghae said and went to the nearest changing room.

 

          “Arasso.” Eunhyuk said.

 

          Two by two they went to change their clothes but Heechul stayed. I looked at him as he checked his clothes.

         

          “Uh…don’t you like it?” I asked tentatively.

 

          He looked up. “Aniyo. I just don’t want to change clothes in front of anyone.”

 

          I laughed at that. “Waeyo?”

 

          “My body is sacred.” he smirked playfully.

         

          I was laughing really hard when Kyuhyun and Sungmin went out wearing their clothes and Heechul took his turn. Kyuhyun is looking at me as he buttoned his white polo and I looked away. I busied myself pretending to check the other clothes. They were all finished changing their clothes and were ready to go except for Kyuhyun who was having trouble with his necktie.

 

          “Aish~ maknae get it right already.” Yesung said.

 

          “I can’t.” Kyuhyun said impatiently looping his necktie over and over. Then he looked at me. “Tae Hee, help me.”

 

          I stared at him. I can’t believe it he still doesn’t know how to tie his necktie properly after all these years. I wanted to glare at him but apparently all eyes were on me.

 

          I smiled and took charge. “Arasso, oppa.”

 

          “Gumawo.” he smiled evilly.

 

          “Yah Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk said. “We’ll just wait for you in the dorm okay? We have things to get.”

 

          “Arasso hyung.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

          I wanted to call after them and say that I don’t want to be left alone with Kyuhyun but of course I couldn’t, so I watched them go.

 

          “Could you believe it, I still couldn’t tie it properly.” Kyuhyun said breaking the silence.

 

          I laced the last loop and back away. “It’s fixed now, oppa.”

 

          “Gumawo.” Kyuhyun said.

 

          “You should be going now.” I smiled pointedly.

 

          “Why do you want me to leave?” Kyuhyun frowned.

 

          I shook my head faking innocence. “Aniyo, oppa. I just thought they must be waiting for you.”

 

          “Why are you pretending like as if you don’t know me?” he asked and his voice constricted.

 

          I shrugged. “I just met you oppa. I couldn’t just act like we’re close that will be rude.”

 

          “What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked frustrated. “You know well that this isn’t the first time.”

 

          “Have we met before oppa?” I asked once again faking surprise. “I can’t remember.”

 

          “Stop it Tae Hee!” he said and I felt my blood burn with anger.

 

          “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said coldly.

         

            He stepped forward and tried to hold me but I duck and avoided him. I backed away to the door and glared at him.

 

                “You can’t do this.” he said.

 

                 “Do what?” I challenged him.

 

                 “Avoid and pretend not to know me.” Kyuhyun said.

 

                  I smirked. “I don’t know what you are talking about oppa.”

 

              “What? Did you suffer with amnesia?” Kyuhyun asked. “I know you didn’t because you still know Taemin.”

 

                  “Of course I have no amnesia oppa.” I laughed like it was funny. “That’s silly.”


                    “Let’s talk Tae Hee.” Kyuhyun pleaded.

 

                   I shook my head. “I have no time for talk, oppa.”

 

                  He stared at me. “You cannot run away from me forever, Tae Hee.”

 

                 My lips trembled and I know the tears were coming. “You hurt me once. Do you really think I’d let you do it twice?”

 

 

                    I grabbed the door open and slammed it to his shocked face. I gulped down a sob and ran at the hallway without looking back.