Confused Heart

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

               On an early Wednesday morning I was summoned in the president’s office. So I went to work early and went straight to his office only to find Kyuhyun comfortably sitting in one of the sofas.

 

                I lingered on the door, unsure of what to do. We haven’t talked much since the last time he went to my house. I was still making up my mind when Kyuhyun speak directly at me.

 

                “Good morning.” he greeted me with a small smile.

 

                I decided that I am acting silly so I stepped inside. “Good morning.”

 

                I sat across from him and we were silent again.

 

                “Are you here for a meeting too?” I asked trying to make little conversation.

 

                “Neh.” he nodded.

 

                I frowned. I’m not used to Kyuhyun being so silent.

 

                We stood up when the president entered.

 

                “Take a seat.” he offered.

 

                The purpose of the meeting is revealed as soon as we sat down. I learned that Kyuhyun is currently working on an OST for a drama and the president requested for me to help Kyuhyun pick his clothes for an interview about the said OST. Apparently, the drama is expected to be a hit and was garnering so much attention especially that Kyuhyun will be singing for it.

 

                We were dismissed and Kyuhyun stand a few feet away from me not saying anything. It’s nagging me that he wasn’t saying anything.

                “Why are you so silent?” I asked finally.

 

                He looked up. “I’m just thinking about the recording I made yesterday.”

 

                “Why?” I asked, walking in step with him.

 

                Kyuhyun shrugged. “I’m just wondering if I met the expectation.”

 

                “I’m sure you did well.” I replied easily which surprised him.

 

                “Gumawo.” he said softly.

 

                I led him to the dressing room where the clothes were stocked up and started to choose the clothes for him.

 

                “The interviewer will be meeting us at the café near here in about a hour.” he reminded me.

 

                “I know.” I replied. “Here try this.”

 

                I handed him a casual set of clothes that will show how youthful he is. I wasn’t disappointed when I saw him looking handsome. I’m always proud that I pick the right clothes for him even back then.

 

                I stopped momentarily when I realized where my thoughts were heading. What were you thinking Tae Hee? I chastised myself. This is the reason why I don’t want to be too comfortable with Kyuhyun, it makes me forget what happened to us and it’s impossible to hate him when he’s behaving like this.

 

                This is too confusing for my part.

 

                “Are you ready to go?” he asked pulling me from my reverie.

 

                I grabbed my bag. “Neh.”

 

                He opened the door for me and we descended to the lobby in silence. We were in the parking lot when I saw a familiar figure walking towards us.

 

                “Tae Hee?” the girl asked.

 

                I recognized her immediately. “Annyeong, Jia.”

                “It’s a pleasure to see you!” she gushed but her expression wasn’t that happy at all.

 

                Jia is my colleague back in Japan where we both sat on the same lessons for fashion designing but we were never close. She always has something to say to me behind my back and she pretends to be my closest friend when we’re in public.

 

                “You’re working here, right?” she asked as she glanced at Kyuhyun.

 

                “Neh.” I answered.

 

                “Is he your boyfriend?” she asked without hesitation and then held out her hand to Kyuhyun. “Annyeonghaseyo, Jia imnida.”

 

                “Annyeong.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

                “He’s not my boyfriend.” I replied when she gave her attention back to me. “Kyuhyun has an interview for a magazine and I just helped him choose his clothes for it.”

 

                “Really?” Jia asked, faking a smile. “Well, he looks…cute.”

 

                My eyebrow shot up automatically at her words.

 

                “Well, I should go.” Jia said giving me a little peck in the cheek like we’re the best of friends in the world. “I have a meeting in ten minutes. Bye!”

 

                A glared at her retreating figure.

 

                “Do you want to use you car or my car?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

                Cute? He called Kyuhyun cute?

 

                I gritted my teeth and wheeled around to face Kyuhyun. “What did she just call you?”

 

                Kyuhyun frowned at me. “She called me cute.”

 

                The words irritated me more and I grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand. I practically dragged him towards the elevator and back in the dressing room again.

                “What’s going on?” Kyuhyun asked, clearly confused.

 

                I kept my silence my irritation still not subsiding. Kyuhyun must have sensed something because he just followed me without complains.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

               

                I followed Tae Hee inside the dressing room again as she thundered towards the clothes. I know there’s something that irritated her because she’s pursing her lips tightly. I know that she doesn’t like the girl named Jia and to be honest I don’t like her either, she seems fake.

 

                “Take your clothes off.” Tae Hee ordered me.

 

                I wrapped my arms around me trying joke around. “What are you going to do with me?”

 

                She gave me an exasperated look and when I didn’t move she started helping me my polo.

 

                “Why are you so upset?” I asked.

 

                “She called you cute!” she burst out.

 

                I blinked. I tried not to laugh. “You don’t think I’m cute?”

 

                “No one will call you cute once you wear the clothes I made.” Tae Hee said. “She should’ve called you handsome or dashing, but cute? You’re too good for that.”

 

                Her response made me smile, it reveals how she sees me and I can’t deny the fact that I like it. She left me alone to change my clothes as I think about how cute she is when she’s irritated. At least her irritation weren’t directed at me this time.

 

 

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

 

                My outburst surprised me too. I don’t know why Jia’s words were just not right for Kyuhyun and I know I’m pushing myself too closer to Kyuhyun by doing this but I’m not in my right mind.

 

                I waited impatiently as Kyuhyun change clothes. He poked his head out when he was done and I helped him fasten his necktie. He’s now wearing my original design of a tuxedo. It wasn’t the traditional tuxedo because it has a casual look so he wouldn’t look too dressed up for the interview.

 

                “Are you comfortable?” I asked as I fix his tie.

 

                He smiled at me. “Neh.”

 

                “I’m sure you’ll make an impression.” I said and I’m aware of how close are proximity was but somehow it didn’t bother me too much.

 

                “I’ll let you know when someone dares to call me cute.” Kyuhyun winked at me and I managed a smile.

 

                He was trying to make me feel better. Kyuhyun know me too well when I am upset about something.

 

                “Mianhe if I made a fuss about this.” I said. “You’re going to be late.”

 

                “It’s fine.” he answered. “I don’t mind.”

 

                I nodded and stepped away from him.

 

                “It’s crazy but being with you like this makes me remember what we had three years ago.” Kyuhyun said quietly.

 

                That killed the magic. The mention of three years ago got me whirling back to reality. That we were stranger now and that we had a painful past.

 

                I stepped away from him again.

 

                “Yes, it makes me remember the pain.” I mumbled and excused myself.