A Past is Never Just a Past

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

          I watched as her car drive away. She’s here. She’s really here and she cannot be just a figment of my imagination. I know my memory is in the right track and not even playing a thousand games of star craft will make me forget her. How could I?

 

          Kim Tae Hee is back. I couldn’t really hide my surprise because never in my wildest dream and yes I have so many, that I ever imagine that I will ever see her again. Not after what happened. She’s here and I talked to her.

 

Wow.

 

She also denied knowing me.

 

          I watched as Taemin walked back to the building. I snapped back into reality and I ran to keep up with him. I need to know something.

 

          “Taemin.” I called after him.

 

          He turned around and looked at me with a blank expression. “Yes, hyung? Do you need anything?”

 

          “Why is Tae Hee here?” I asked him.

 

          “You heard the president, hyung. She’s here for a job.” Taemin said boldly.

 

          “You know what I meant.” I said impatiently.

 

          “No, hyung. I don’t know what you mean.” Taemin said shaking his head.

 

          I gave my best Kyuhyun glare. “Don’t play games with me Lee Taemin.”

 

          “Why would I do that, hyung?” Taemin asked innocently.

 

          “I asked you a thousand times before if you know where she is.” I said trying to control the anger in my voice. “You said you didn’t know.”

 

          Taemin shrugged. “I told you the truth hyung.”

 

          “And yet she’s here and she looks perfectly in touch with you.” I said my voice raising an octave.

 

          Taemin smirked. “Wae? Are you afraid that she’s here right now?”

 

          “No I am not.” I glared at him. “I want an explanation.”

 

          “There’s nothing to explain, hyung.” Taemin said and he turned his back to me. “I owe you nothing.”

 

          “Yah, Lee Taemin!” I shouted angry now.

 

          Suddenly Leeteuk and the others appeared and they were all looking from me and then to Taemin. We both froze and I felt the tension.

 

          “Kyuhyun, are you fighting with Taemin?” Leeteuk asked.

 

          “What’s wrong hyung?” Onew asked.

 

          Taemin laughed but I know it’s fake. “Kyuhyun hyung and I were just talking.”

 

          “It doesn’t look like that. Kyuhyun hyung is shouting.” Minho said.

 

          “Aish~ Kyuhyun hyung is just pretending to be mad at me because I wouldn’t play star craft with him.” Taemin said with a laugh.

 

          I gather my composure and plastered a fake smile at Taemin. Two can play that game. “He wouldn’t let me teach him the game.”

 

          Yesung laughed. “Kyuhyun are you trying to spread the Gamer’s spirit?”

 

          “Not really hyung.” I answered politely. “Oh well if Taemin doesn’t want to, it’s okay.”

 

          “Maybe next time, hyung.” Taemin said.

 

          “Definitely next time.” I said meaningfully.

 

          “C’mon Kyuhyun let’s go.” Sungmin said and I followed him.

 

          We were back in our dorm and everyone went to do their own thing. I sat on the sofa thinking seriously. I couldn’t get her off my mind. It still feels like a dream though, when I think about her and our past. Now she’s here, it was like meeting an old friend but the problem is by the turn out of conversation earlier, Tae Hee hasn’t forgiven me yet.

 

          There’s something about her that changed. She’s not that fragile anymore and there’s certain toughness with the way she so casually talked to me, like I was nothing. Suddenly an image flashed into my mind: Tae Hee in a tougher version.

 

          I shook my head to dismiss the image. It wasn’t like her but I know she has grown tougher. And there are so many things I don’t know about her, not after three years have passed. I just sat there thinking and staring blankly in nothing in particular when someone slapped me in the shoulder. I looked up to see Sungmin’s angry face.

 

          “Yah Kyuhyun you’re not listening to me!” Sungmin pouted.

 

          I shook my head to clear my mind. “Mianheyeo Minnie. I’m just tired.”

 

          “Then why don’t you rest?” he asked. “You’re like a statue staring over nothing.”

 

          “Aish~ Minnie why are you being a nagger just like Yesung hyung?” I frowned.

 

          “What did you say Kyuhyunnie?” Yesung asked in a deadly sweet voice. I didn’t notice him standing behind me.

 

          I laughed and put my best maknae cuteness. “Nothing, hyung. I said Minnie shouldn’t nag people.”

 

          “You’re being evil again.” Yesung said pinching my cheeks.

 

          “He’s always evil.” Sungmin said.

 

          “Aish~ I’ll play now so stop bullying me.” I complained and walked to my laptop.

 

          “Oh now we’re the bully?” Sungmin asked taking the seat I just vacated.

 

          I booted my laptop. “I’m an angel Minnie.”

 

          “Teukie hyung is the angel.” Ryeowook said.

 

          “What is Heechul hyung then?” Shindong asked.

 

          I clicked my star craft game and it started to load. “A vampire.”

 

          “Do you, little dongsaengs, know that WE CAN HEAR YOU?!” Heechul hyung shouted from his room and we heard Leeteuk hyung laughed from the other room.

 

          “It was Kyuhyun’s fault.” Donghae hyung laughed.

 

          I pouted. “Why is it always my fault? I only answered Shindong hyung’s question.”

 

          They laughed at my sentiment but ignored me after that. We were already busy with our own world. I started playing the game but there’s something wrong about it. I usually play with utter concentration but right now I know that my heart and mind wasn’t in to it. Tae Hee’s words kept popping into my mind.

 

          “It’s glad to meet you for the first time. Yesung oppa said that you’re the evil maknae.”

          I smirked. First time?

 

          She couldn’t have forgotten about me. I refuse to believe that, not unless she had some accident or something. That snapped my brain. What if she was in an accident and she lost her memories?

 

          I shut off my game instantly and opened my internet connection. I typed her name on the first browser I saw and waited for the result.

 

          “C’mon.” I said impatiently. There were a lot of articles about her but it was mostly from Japan. I clicked the first one.

 

          Kim Tae Hee, twenty three, born on March 4, 1988 in Seoul, South Korea, is a Japanese based fashion designer and fashion consultant. Miss Tae Hee is famous for her artistic creations of Japanese couture. It was known that she came to Japan three years ago to study Fashion in the famous Tokyo University and she graduated with flying colors. She has also glam up the runway and many fashion magazines herself because of her beauty and slender figure. Kim Tae Hee is rumored to be working on her new clothing line and she’s now currently back on her home country Korea.

 

          I scanned her biography with utmost concentration trying to ignore the beautiful picture of her attached to the website. I didn’t find anything about an accident and I breathed a sigh of relief. Now I know that she didn’t suffer in any sickness like amnesia.

 

There’s no way she could’ve forgotten me, besides she still knows Taemin.

 

          I scowled. Lee Taemin, I know that he’s been one of the old friends of Tae Hee and he lied to me. I am going to have a serious talk with him one day.

 

          I was busy reading the rest of the article and I am completely oblivious to what’s happening around me.

 

          “Yah~ Cho Kyuhyun. What’s the meaning of this?” Yesung shouted pointing at the screen.

 

          “Yes maknae.” Donghae said. “Why are you stalking our fashion consultant?”

 

          I looked around to see all my hyungs gathered around me. I was caught red handed and I struggle to come up with an explanation.

 

          “I was just trying to see if she has the credentials to handle us.” I said trying to put a bored voice, like I wasn’t interested.

 

          “Is that really the reason?” Heechul hyung asked.

 

          “Neh, hyung.” I nodded. “That’s all.”

 

          He looked at me suspiciously. “Arasso.”

 

          I saw him walked away, uninterestedly while Kangin looked at the monitor closer. “She’s really pretty.”

 

          “Yah~ Kangin I thought you like somebody else?” Yesung said poking Kangin in the arm.

 

          “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kangin hyung answered and walked away but Yesung continued to pester him.

         

I sighed with relief as one by one they all walk away until Sungmin is the only one behind me.

 

          “You better not be cheating with Yoona, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin warned with a wicked smile. “SONES will kill you.”

 

          “I am not cheating with her Minnie.” I said defiantly. “Besides I have my own gamers and ELFs, I think I’ll survive.”

 

          Sungmin walked away shaking his head and I shut off my laptop completely. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the table.

 

          Yoona, my grilfriend. I have completely forgotten about her when I saw Tae Hee. I am really an insolent boyfriend. We’ve been together for six now and I must admit she’s one of the girls a boy would want to be with. She’s smart, funny and kind.

 

          I stretched and went to my room. I promise Yoona that I will take her to the theme park today so I better get ready. I went to the shower, stripped my clothes off and let the warm water drizzle to my body. The water cooled my mind for a while.

 

          Aish~ being Cho Kyuhyun is not easy.