Don't Take His Hand

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

                       I hurriedly stuffed my things in my bag and went inside my car. I’m on my way to the hospital again. Kyuhyun is recovering very fast and it’s a huge relief to all of us, a good sign. I checked my phone and still haven’t received an answer for Taemin.

 

                        I sighed. He probably hated me but I can’t leave Kyuhyun’s side.

 

                        I’ve never been afraid like this in my life, afraid of losing him if I so much turn around. He needs me and I’ll be there as long as he wants me to.

 

                        “Hey.” I smiled as I went inside his room.

                       

                        He brightened instantly. “You’re here early.”

 

                        I nodded and placed the fruits basket at the table. “How do you feel?”

 

                        “Annoyed.” he replied.

 

                        “Wae?” I asked curiously.

 

                        He held up both his hands. “I hope they will take off these wires off me. It’s irritating.”

 

                        I laughed at his sentiment. He worried more about the wires connected to him rather than his actual situation. He also hates the many tests they conduct to him.

 

                        “You’ll be out here soon enough.” I assured him and took my place beside him.

 

                        “Gwenchanna?” he asked when he saw me closer.

 

                        I smoothed my hair and dress self-consciously. “Wae?”

 

                        “You look tired.” he commented. “Did you get some sleep at all?”

 

                        “I’m fine. You should worry more about yourself.” I smiled.

 

                        “Why don’t you get some sleep beside me?” he asked.

 

                        I shook my head. “I’m supposed to be taking care of you not the other way around.”

 

                        “Why are you so stubborn?” Kyuhyun asked incredulously.

 

                        I smiled my best smile. “Looks who’s talking.”

 

                        Kyuhyun laughed and then looked at me seriously. “Are you really wearing that as a promise ring?”

 

                        I blinked at him, a little confused and then I saw him looking at the plastic ring on my finger. The one Taemin gave me. I looked at his sad expression and I fidget the ring.

 

                        “Are you going to marry him someday?” Kyuhyun asked quietly.

 

                        Marry Taemin? I thought.

 

                        “Taemin and I…” I mumbled. “It’s complicated. I can’t just walk away from him. He will not handle it well.”

 

                        “If you’re going to marry him someday to get back at me, then I will walk you to the aisle and give your hand to him.” Kyuhyun said sadly. “Maybe then you’ll see the hurt, the guilt and the love that I’ve been trying to show ever since I saw you again.”

 

                        I definitely have no words for that.

 

                        “I honestly don’t know what to do anymore.” I bowed my head. “But you should know that I’m not going to hurt you like that.”

 

                        “I’ll be hurting still.” Kyuhyun said.

 

                        “Me too.” I sighed.

 

                        “Do you love me?” he asked childishly.

 

                        “You know I do.” I mumbled meeting his eyes.

 

                        Kyuhyun held my hand. “I know it’s selfish but don’t leave me. Don’t leave me for him. I need you to stay.”

 

                        Tears fell down again.

 

                        I need him too. If only it was that simple.